Match at Pool Bridge Farm - York

Martin56

Fished our club match here this Sunday (Old course lake)

After a hearty breakfast, with Benidorm Toast (Left out in the sun for 2 minutes Lol)

Caught all day (more or less) but mainly sprats with 3 or 4 six to 8 oz baby Carp thrown in + 3 or 4 Bronze Bream up to a pound or so.

Nowhere in the match but finished with 9 Lb 7 oz (which beat a good few others nonetheless)

Fished pretty well within myself given the circumstances, & a nice day all round.

Had a few on stiff paste, prawn, corn & Dead Reds - All with centrepin (couldn't be bothered with pole)

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Martin,

Just curious - what was the top weight?

We don't have "match" fishing but we do have tournaments - both serious and casual. Often at the more casual events I was more likely to wander about visiting with guys I hadn't seen for a while.

Some fish seriously no matter the circumstances and are annoyed with my interruptions or paranoid I was trying to steal there secret bait, hook size, or just anything. Is it allowable to not fish seriously and just use the occasion for social contact in your Clubs?

Do you have both specimen anglers and tiddler anglers? How does that work out. (FYI - I, by and large, specimen fished.

Then, god forbid, I win next month - and it was because I discovered and used 23 anglers secrets, all different.

Phone

Phone, top weight was 31 Lb 6 oz then 2nd just below that & 3rd was 29 Lb odd.

Yes we have our secretive anglers though the winner (who wins most of the time) on this occasion will share info' willingly.

He likes fishing On (where floating bait is allowed) or near the top (when it's Not) but most us mere mortals don't subscribe to that as "Proper Fishing", but it's allowed & works for Him!!

I like to fish the Method Feeder either down the edge (preferred) or chucking it hard up to the far Bank.

Also Margin Pole with Paste, Prawn, Corn, Luncheon meat or Pellet (ROBIN RED - 8 mm pre drilled)

All these work well on Pole & Feeder!!

There only two of us openly admitting to using ROBIN REDS!!

Would be interesting to see if your theory actually holds water re if everyone used them??

Edited by Martin56

Had a few on stiff paste, prawn, corn & Dead Reds - All with centrepin (couldn't be bothered with pole)

How did you get on with using your centrepin Martin, did you enjoy using it?

Nice report.

Keith

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

How did you get on with using your centrepin Martin, did you enjoy using it?

Nice report.

Keith

Yes Keith, the pin fished very well, but didn't use the one in a recent other post.

I actually used a little "Grice & Young" I won on Ebay a couple of years ago & used it for the very first time on this session, about 4" diameter loaded with 8 Lb main line & a Porcupine quill about 7" long.

The reel I'm guessing must be 50 yr's old + ?? & still spins forever.

• Like 1

Here's the reel I used last Sunday, doesn't actually say Grice & Young anywhere on it but that little spool release lever on the front is unmistakable. You'll see it has been well loved over many years by someone/s.

https://postimg.cc/Jsm2BKLy

Edited by Martin56