Tip ring

wotnobivvy

I have been handed a cheap (Leeda) 10ft leger rod with about 8" missing off the tip. Is it worth getting a new tip ring or will the action be ruined. The highest ring is about 3.5" from the break

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

You can always try turning it into a Quivertip rod by fixing a Quiver into its end (see diagram below).

insertingaquivertip.gif

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 2

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Good shout from Keith, I keep top bits from other rods & have kept the end bits from pole top kits I've cut back so I can telescope a broken rod close to its original length, providing I'm lucky enough to have a suitable piece.

I was a bit thick at first Keith & didn't get it, but I see now that Diagram 1. is the Quiver inserted the wrong way round to get the length to cut it, then insert it the right way round per Diagram 2. & 3. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

The bits to make a project of it are cheap as chips.

Tip.

Guides.

It's a good way to acquire skills that you might put to use later on a rod that has a sentimental value to you and it's fun to catch on something you've built.

Worst case scenario is if goes in the bin or you hand it to a kid with no money.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Or look here for tip sections, quiver tips, eyes and everything else you would need to make or repair a rod.

https://www.guidesnblanks.com/p/carbon_glass_tip_sections

We offer a range of Solid Glass and Carbon tip, these are ideal to repaire a broken top section , or to make a spliced ao Quiver tip section.

Keith Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I have been handed a cheap (Leeda) 10ft leger rod with about 8" missing off the tip. Is it worth getting a new tip ring or will the action be ruined. The highest ring is about 3.5" from the break

Or look here for tip sections, quiver tips, eyes and everything else you would need to make or repair a rod.

https://www.guidesnblanks.com/p/carbon_glass_tip_sections

Keith

Another great call Keith. I used this site to get my cork tape & shrink tubing for the Carp rod.

I also like that they publish the recommended ring spacing for re-ringing a good few rod brands.

• Like 1

I had had the same initial thoughts about a quivertip, but in reality, is it really worth spending the time and effort on a old cheap'o rod?

I mean, it would probably be as cheap or not much more cost to buy a new rod of the same.

I had had the same initial thoughts about a quivertip, but in reality, is it really worth spending the time and effort on a old cheap'o rod?

I mean, it would probably be as cheap or not much more cost to buy a new rod of the same.

I've PM'd Wotno - so for an hour or so's work, he can fix it for Now't. fishing.gif

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1