The daily post

Mikench

A thread for any comment, joke, tale, weather report or just to say hello or good morning. It's a popular one on another forum so not my idea. If it encourages posts then that encourages the reading of posts and responses to posts. You know the old tag line for Tesco.!!! I'll start;

Good morning all. The natural order of things has been restored. It's wet, dull. 16c and nearly August . I'm almost relieved. I have parental duties today and am pondering the upcoming Ashes series. Can we bluff them into believing we are a force in test cricket having thrashed them convincingly in the World Cup. I doubt it but a great anecdote on bluffing , on which our empire was built , tells of a Royal Navy captain who was sent with a small ship to the Far East to force a defiant ruler to obey some orders from the British.

" What do I do If he refuses to obey" the captain asked before departing. "We don't have any more ships available, so you'll just have to turn around and come home again" was the reply.

The captain sailed and transmitted the demands to the recalcitrant ruler. "What will happen if I refuse to obey" the ruler asked." In that case" replied the captain menacingly, " I will have no alternative but to carry out the second half of my instructions"

• Like 1

How about we start by welcoming you to AnglersNet?

Nice to see a new name appearing and joining in the discussion.

• Like 2

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

How about we start by welcoming you to AnglersNet?

Nice to see a new name appearing and joining in the discussion.

Yes, welcome, but with reservations, OP should appreciate the unwritten rules of the non fishing section of these forums, that is to say WE NEVER discuss cricket until and unless ‘we’ actually do beat the Aussies and win the ashes, until and unless this happens we forget all about it in public anyway.

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Good morning all. My it's wet and pouring down up here so no cricket today but I will be unable to resist mentioning it once the first test begins. The forecast for the week alead is poor from a fishing perspective but I need an injection of piscatorial pleasure do will make it out when the rain stops. I really enjoyed this years tour but have never understood the tradition of an procession for the final stage in Paris so won't watch it. I have a few tasks to perform including carrying out a water change on my aquarium. I shall ponder a while on what I fancy eating for dinner and prepare my bait and tackle giving me, as usual, multiple choices. I'm an inveterate taker of Tackle on a just in case basis and cannot help doing so.

Ah' don' Lak' Kriket, aha - o no.

Welcome to the house of un fun!! - just jokin' bud - there's a wealth of knowledge on here & a warm welcome to you.

The only stupid questions are the ones one is afraid to ask!! (did I get that right??)

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Morning all. Sunny and warm here this morning but not likely to last according to the forecast. As thunderstorms are due around noon I will stay home . Took er indoors car to the dealers this morning and it needs attention to the air suspension which my local and much cheaper garage cannot do. The joys and expense of motoring.