Posting a pic

Mikench

I have tried both options within settings but keep failing. I have reduced the image size but am told" photo failed to set" or " unable to connect to server" . What am I doing wrong?

Seems straightforward enough: use imagehosting site, and post link using the "image" tag at the top of the full reply box

Edited by ayjay

I mastered it but I still cannot create an avatar for reasons mentioned in a variety of posts. How did you do it Mona?

01261-B20-C7-CE-471-B-A009-32-AFC579-BE8

Yours truly with Egyptian eagle owl. How do I create an avatar with this pic as I cannot by pasting in the url. The message the server cannot be located keeps coming up.

Edited by Mikench

What does " failed to set a photo " mean when trying to create an avatar?

What does " failed to set a photo " mean when trying to create an avatar?

Not sure, it's a long time since I changed mine, but avatar pics are not the same as posting a pic in the forum: there's almost certainly a pixel size limit and probably a file size limit as well. Mine is 96 X 96 pixels and a mere 4.35kb. None of that does any favours for a pic such as you posted above.

Resized to 100 X 76 pixels.

smu9hi.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for that but I still cannot use it. Pasting the URL from post images doesn't work as the server cannot be located. Importing it from my saved photos produces the response " failed to set a photo" I'm stumped.

It's not been possible for some years now to post pics direct from your computer (on this forum), it's real pita but despite it being mentioned several times no-one that could do something about it has ever bothered or even explained why/why not etc. etc.

The only way to put up a pic is to go through an "image host". I used to use Photobucket, but then they got a bit mercenary. I now use:- http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload - but they are stopping soon.

Upload any pic to that url above (or there's plenty of others out there) copy the "Direct link" and paste it after clicking on the image tab in the full reply box.

mljjhc.jpg

Why is Shaun Williamson hiding behind the date?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson