Mobile phones

Mikench

In the continual pursuit of technological advancement smart phones can pay bills, transfer money, surf the web, send texts and WhatsApps, take photos and videos but they can no longer reliably be used as a phone. I am with EE and their is no signal in the house and a poor one in the garden, I can rarely get a signal on any of the fishing venues I frequent and the sound quality is appalling most of the time. This morning I had calls from a garage, a friend, my daughter and various other people and in all cases either I couldn't hear at all, the line kept breaking up of the caller sounded like he was underwater. The callers all shared my opinion on mobiles not being fit for purpose ie making and receiving clear telephone calls.

I have an iPhone and it's not good enough for clear calls. Samsung are as bad as my daughter has one. My sister called on O2 and couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear her. In short the mobile is useless for what it's main function should be. Discuss.

I use giff gaff which piggybacks on O2 and never have a problem. it is the line supplier not the phone. Try it in other areas

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

It works fine in France and in built up areas but locally it’s poor. I have complained to EE to no avail.

We talked about this yesterday Mike. I'd much prefer to use a landline than a mobile. I find it really annoying when you have to try and fill in sentences with words that you think the person has said in order to make sense of it. I feel like an idiot keep saying "can you say it again", or "what, I can't hear you so good".

• Like 1

I use giff gaff which piggybacks on O2 and never have a problem. it is the line supplier not the phone. Try it in other areas

I don't think it's so good when you have to jump in the car and drive to another area where there might be a good reception to make a phone call.

Imo, if a network can't supply you with a good reception in 99% of the country then they have no right to charge for the service.

Edited by Tigger

Can anyone say truly they they have full coverage on their phone everywhere ? In the middle of cities yes but what about the fringes or the countryside? I believe coverage in this country is very poor. The providers talk about 5g and I very rarely get 4g. I cannot imagine what reception is like in remote parts of Scotland or Wales. EE admitted my town has a few dead spots which they have no plans to sort. My wife, my daughter and myself are about to tell EE what they can do with their network.

Norman Collier was brilliant and his routine was better and easier to understand than my phone reception.

Can anyone say truly they they have full coverage on their phone everywhere ? In the middle of cities yes but what about the fringes or the countryside? I believe coverage in this country is very poor. The providers talk about 5g and I very rarely get 4g. I cannot imagine what reception is like in remote parts of Scotland or Wales. EE admitted my town has a few dead spots which they have no plans to sort. My wife, my daughter and myself are about to tell EE what they can do with their network.

Me. The only place where I get no reception is at the top end of Loch Katrine. What possessed one to buy anything from EE?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I was with T mobile which were taken over by Orange which morphed into EE. I had great reception with T Mobile which I find bizarre.

My choices of alternatives are limited to Vodaphone or 3.