Float rods

Mikench

I like sliding reel fittings (mostly not available these days) when using a pin so I can have it just how I like it - "RIGHT UP THE BUTT".

(Titter ye Not)

That said, my float rods with screw reel fittings are quite close to it - Maybe they could bring out a screw reel fitting which screws from both sides so some adjustment is possible??

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I like sliding reel fittings (mostly not available these days) when using a pin so I can have it just how I like it - "RIGHT UP THE BUTT".

(Titter ye Not)

That said, my float rods with screw reel fittings are quite close to it - Maybe they could bring out a screw reel fitting which screws from both sides so some adjustment is possible??

Martin, I used to have a fibreglass rod back in the late 70s and very early 80s which had a screw reel seat fitting fitted which you could move up and down over the cork handle and have your reel at any position you wanted. You could also buy such things from the rod builders section of my local tackle shop back then.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

A few of the slightly older daiwa rods had sliding screw down reel holders. The connosieur was one of them. The cork handles had a darker section of cork conglomerate were your reels were most likely to be attatched.i would imagine this dark section was harder than normal cork.

The problem I found with these seats was the screw down part wasn't a hood that came straight down over the reel seat, it actually scwrewed across the reel foot as it tightened and scraped the paint off the reel foot, or scratched it....not good!

If the designers had used the normal type screw down hood I think the idea was great!

• Like 1

Thanks Keith. The Plus is a lovely rod . I need a big fish to really test its mettle although a 4lb ish Chub isn't bad.

A 4lb chub is good by anyones standards, besides, that rods metal has been tested to the extreme already :).

Best to go trotting with it, rivers are dropping off nicely already, soon be spot on for the float again. Perfect for legering right now.

• Like 2

Half of it lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I ordered a browning sphere 13ft 6inch spliced tip rod from the local AD with a view to checking it out and buying it. Reason for my interest in one was the hype about them, people claiming how they have a super fast action and steely feel.

Anyhow, I assembled the rod and had a waggle of it, but in my hands it didn't have a superfast action at all, infact i'm quite sure the rods I already have are just as fast an action.

The rod was a let down for me, and I walked out of the shop without it!

• Like 2

You maybe right to be disappointed Tigger, but did you ask the shop if you could try it with a reel??

Ask them for a reel with some line on it, thread it up & give it a pull through the rings.

They'll always oblige in the hope they'll make an additional sale!

They feel so different tackled up (or at least partly tackled)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!