Float rods

Mikench

Tigger,

fishing-rod-action.gif

A fishing rod with a fast tip means that the tip of the rod is flexible and the rest of the rod is stiff. (?)

Why? In the sessions you comment on you would have little use for a fast tip.

Phone

Thanks Phone, but I know what a fast action is bud :).

I like/prefer as fast an action as I can find, and the rod I looked at was reputed to be a spliced tip fast action rod....it didn't feel anything like as fast an action as i'd expected, hence I left it in the shop.

You maybe right to be disappointed Tigger, but did you ask the shop if you could try it with a reel??

Ask them for a reel with some line on it, thread it up & give it a pull through the rings.

They'll always oblige in the hope they'll make an additional sale!

They feel so different tackled up (or at least partly tackled)

Oh, sorry Martin, I didn't ignore you bud just forgot to answer!

Yes, I know what your saying about the feel of a made up rod etc. Although, I can tell as soon as I pick up a rod and have a waggle wether it's a fast action or not, and that was my main reason for looking at the rod. I have rods already that have (imo) faster actions than that rod. Also the rod didn't feel powerful enough for what I was led to believe from the hype about it from browning and their promoters.

Who knows, next time I look at one I might change my mind....doubt it though.

To be honest I don't think thee any float rods in the shops today to outshine the drennan acolyte range.

• Like 1

IMO, fast action rods are too unforgiving for a novice/new to fishing angler, & prone to snapping at the tip, so until one has gained some experience, stick with with a softer, medium action rod would be my advice.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!