Cheap Landing Net Handle

Martin56

Bought this today from my local shop - 3 Mtr', 3 piece Rovex Power handle.

Get what you pay for @ £12.50 but looks & feels OK & a good back up handle for next to no money.

(A bit on the heavy side being Composite though)

Will get you through the day should you break your better one!!

http://www.masterlinewalker.co.uk/rovex-landing-net-handles.html

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Looks alreet that Martin.

I got a NGT compact telescopic net handle off ebay a couple of months back at a cost of seven quid delivered. I think about 2 mtrs extended and in about 2ft when unextended.

The Darent Valley extending handle looks good value at £35 and looks well made.

The Darent Valley extending handle looks good value at £35 and looks well made.

I did once pay about 35 quid for a drennan twistlock handle. I've only ever used that handle once I think! I honestly prefer my cheap'o telescopic ones.

I've been using Abu folding extending net for about 6 or 7yrs now whilst trotting and it's been brilliant. Mine is becoming a bit loose and worn noww and i've beem trying to find a replacement for yonks.

Anyhow, I recently did so and got it from a seller on google for 27 ripps inclusive of delivery, so am very happy about that.

I've looked at loads of other folding nets and non of them compare in use, even 100 quid plus nets!

This net has a free magnet supplied, although i've never used the other, appart from one time whilst grayling fishing up on the eden and I left the scoop net on the car roof with half the magnet attatched....bugger!

The reason I wanted this net so much is because it hangs on my belt whilst wadeing and is big enough to scoop up barbel and chub, so it's ideal for me.

Edited by Tigger

Looks alreet that Martin.

I got a NGT compact telescopic net handle off ebay a couple of months back at a cost of seven quid delivered. I think about 2 mtrs extended and in about 2ft when unextended.

I have one of those NGT handles as well - prob' same one. (OK - similar, for the Grammar Police)

Fits in suitcase for hol's with a small net head.

Edited by Martin56

I have one of those NGT handles as well - prob' same one. (OK - similar, for the Grammar Police)

Fits in suitcase for hol's with a small net head.

I've used mine with a drennan 20 inch spoon and it's been good. As you say it's an ideal handle for a holiday or when roaving also.

I know NGT arn't a top brand but having seen a few of their items I think they're of a decent enough standard for the prices they charge.

A Rolls Royce & a Reliant Robin are "Quality Products" - They both conform to their requirements!!

NGT is quality at a low price. It's not fashionable but I have bought quite a bit of their luggage and it's fine.

I have 3 of their holdalls and about 10 of their reel cases. I also have 2 short rod bags which carry 2 13' rods broken down in a tube, a couple of landing net handles and several bank sticks of varying lengths. I sink to my knees when carrying them on soft ground but that's another story!!