look out for Nowtv emails

chesters1

i bought a now tv box a couple of years ago for 3 free months of their tv and latterly to use it so i can push my phones to my tv (my tv now has this function via a android box},unfortunately to get this "free" service they need your card details (its all in the terms and conditions you only see once you get home)

yesterday browsing in my spam emails i found an email from them telling me welcome to a free 2 week viewing of skytv.

Seems innocent but whoever got my box from the local recycling center only has to use it and its immediatly associated to your account ! this means YOU WILL be charged once the free period is up!

you CANNOT change your card details to a spoof card the bloody bank verifies it as incorrect .you CANNOT just remove the card from your account ,you CANNOT just remove your details completely and no longer be a member!

NOWTV keep your card details (they illegally retain your 3 number security code)for 2 years and your personal details for 7 years ,you can remove the device in your account but as soon as its used it comes back

all i can suggest is smash the F out of any nowtv boxes before recycling or you WILL pay

i now have set up a payment pin which will hopefully get round it but i WILL be having a word with the bank who updates my card details without my consent

seems i am not alone in wishing to have my details removed

fhttps://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/How-can-I-close-my-account-and-remove-my-details-I-don-t-want-my/m-p/21252#M1264

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Phone your card provider and report the card stolen. You have to go without for a few days but will get a new card with a different security code and probably a new full number as well.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

It looks like its the only way ,once i get my money from the atm thursday (i use money never use my card for shopping in the high street) it will mysteriously disapear!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson