Ridiculous examples of modern fishing tackle.

wellyphant

Can anyone beat this as an example of OTT fishing tackle?

What you're seeing here are a set of distance sticks which in themselves can be very handy but these ones come with spirit levels built into the end so that you can make them perfectly vertical.

They'll cost you over fifty quid toohuh.png

z9FFIfB.jpg

Fv90HMG.jpg

They sound like something a surveyer would use!

Is the Theodolite included?? - for fifty quid I'd want the surveyor as well thumbdown.gif

• Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

As I've often said and had said to me, Tackle is designed to catch anglers not fish.

Spirit levels that small are not going to be particularly accurate anyway.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Excuse my ignorance but what are ‘Distance Sticks’ and how would one use them?

Keith

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Excuse my ignorance but what are ‘Distance Sticks’ and how would one use them?

Keith

Lol Keith, I don't know either, only thing I can think of is where people stick them in the ground a few yards appart and them move their rods round them in a fashion as to measure out line for casting to a spot......maybe !

• Like 1

Lol Keith, I don't know either, only thing I can think of is where people stick them in the ground a few yards appart and them move their rods round them in a fashion as to measure out line for casting to a spot......maybe !

I'm pretty sure that's the idea Ian.

It begs me to ask the question, that if they are so anal as to use a level to make sure the sticks are vertical, have they added something to make sure that each pass of the line is parallel to the next? If they fail to do this, then if the line is consistently higher on either side than it is on the other, then there would be inconsistencies in distance each time they used it.

Ooops, must go lie down, and take my medication, I'm beginning to think like a carper. help.gifsad.png

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Trust KORDA (Danny Fairbrass & co) to come up with something like this!!

Yep' saw one of his TV prog's showing how to use these along with Bath fulls of ground bait full of nuts, corn, tinned Tuna etc.

And they wonder why waters become "Pressured" with all that lot being piled in, not to mention the water level coming up a Foot!!

https://youtu.be/BptyIxpRQ3w

• Like 2

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I was fishing a local gravel pit last year and the guy in a neighboring swim came over to talk at me, and show me his special hooks. He said he orders them specially and they cost £1 a hook because they're hand-sharpened and then packaged individually. Sharpest hooks in the world, he reckoned.

Honestly, some people just deserve to get ripped off. I showed him my hook sharpener, which cost a few quid, but he wasn't interested. The hooks he had were also straight point rather than beaked, so they'd have got dulled on the gravel anyway, and he had no way of sharpening them once the point had gone. Probably spent more on hooks over a season than bait, tickets and petrol!

• Like 2

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music