Keep America Great

Phone

I reckon (but have no figures) that the house burglary rate in the U.S. is pro rata less than in UK.

U.S. burglars - "Whats the chances I'll die being caught trying to nick a few trinkets from a house??"

U.K. burglars - "Even if I get caught, I'll most likely live but more likely I'd get away with it - undetected".

Unless of course it happened to be Tony Martin's house!!.

Last time I checked, the US actually had a very slight lead on property crime but we've turned it around and our rate is now all of 22% higher than that of the US - quite possibly because, as you suggest, the chances of getting caught (or even getting a copper to visit the victims) have reduced in recent years.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Last time I checked, the US actually had a very slight lead on property crime but we've turned it around and our rate is now all of 22% higher than that of the US - quite possibly because, as you suggest, the chances of getting caught (or even getting a copper to visit the victims) have reduced in recent years.

Get round to my house right now "Cos I'm standing on his throat", often gets the right result!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Trouble is that there are no internationally agreed definitions for any of this stuff so we end up comparing apples and oranges. Comparisons of rates of "violent crime" hit the headlines a few years back and exposed the insanity of it all when the figures suggested that the UK has many times the US rate of violent crime.

And on queue, here's another article from my list of saved links.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Get round to my house right now "Cos I'm standing on his throat", often gets the right result!!

Trouble is your taken away in cuffs and he gets lots of cash suing you because you assaulted him ?

Its crazy your penalised for protecting yourself nowadays ,i got fined for my man traps in the hall ,good they didnt find the trapdoor above the 20ft drop onto pointy sticks!

If someone enters your house then they leave their rights at the door ,so long as the bodies dont stink and annoy the neighbours its fine

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chicken/Egg scenario, some states ban the .50 cal barret, so there is the barret .416 which is arguably vastly superior IMHO.

Same as illicit or illegal drugs, Govts. Ban a drug, in order to legislate they write its own chemical formula into the legislation, criminals change the formula slightly and its rinse & repeat once the new drug is made illegal.

.408 cheytac is also a good replacement for .50 bmg in that it also holds supersonic velocities out to over 2000 yards like the .416 barrett and unlike the .50 bmg.

The Californian law is a bit of a stupid one really as it specifically bans .50 bmg rifles but leaves weapons firing similar rounds (.510 DTC europ) perfectly legal.

Edited by snakey1

• 3 months later...

All,

A topic that never goes away in America. This year's report is in.

There have been more than 400 mass shootings in the United States in 2019. A “mass shooting” is defined as when at least four people are shot. Texas lawmakers, holding up their end of the bargain, have relaxed some of the state’s gun regulations. New laws that took effect in 2019 that now allow Texans with concealed-carry permits to bring guns to places of worship

Phone

Guns don't kill people snakey - people with Guns kill people!!

Calibre is of little or no consequence!!

.22, .25, .38, .357 Magnum or .45 to name but a few = just as dead.

The name of the Firearms company you're looking for is Beretta.

The 9 mm Glock is the preferred UK police sidearm. (when armed)

What's one got to worry about if not doing anything wrong??

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

10 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Guns don't kill people snakey - people with Guns kill people!!

Calibre is of little or no consequence!!

.22, .25, .38, .357 Magnum or .45 to name but a few = just as dead.

The name of the Firearms company you're looking for is Beretta.

The 9 mm Glock is the preferred UK police sidearm. (when armed)

What's one got to worry about if not doing anything wrong??

Calibre is of a lot of consequence if your trying to hit a target at in excess of 1000 yards, you wont do it with a .22lr or any of the other calibres you've listed.

I wasnt looking for a firearms manufacturer so I'm not sure if this was aimed at me as beretta dont have anything to do with either .50bmg or .408 cheytac which is what I posted about.

The glock 17 is the most widely issued police handgun however there are others, west mids police issue the sig p229 or p320 for example

I do have some history of firearms as I've owned a number and shot dozens of different firearms in a variety of calibres from .458win mag to .22lr

Edited by snakey1