Water in floats

wotnobivvy

I was using the type that has a flexible link. One end pushes onto the float and at the other end is a male bit where a silicon tube is pushed up the line and the line is trapped. It was the silicon tube that split and released the float. When I retrieved the float it still had the adapter connected to the float, so I knew it was my lost one

I can't picture those types. The ones I use are basically a length of rubber tube with a swivel in one end. They are drennan ones which are overpriced really. Then again i've been using the same ones for about 10yrs lol.

I keep threatening to make some up myself as they would cost very little.

Just had a nosey at them. I have seen them onlind before but never in the flesh.

Maybe you would be better to use the type I mentioned as they sound more reliable. To hold the adaptor/float in place on the line I use the little rubber float stops if not using weights.

I use different types including those you mentioned. Depends which I fancy on the day biggrin.png

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

I use the ring and a float rubber at the top ,change doesnt come quickly in my head

I never fish the float at long range so i prefer the line to be at the top not at the bottom ,if i can flick a little float underarm half way across the pond i fish if not i would retire!

Bit of a stick in the mud ! I bought ten feeders in the 70's not used one yet! Bit advanced for me

I did get adventurous once and bought one of those big brass bait droppers (round metal thing that had a pointy thing at the bottom which pushed a lever and opened it) spent 3 hours asleep after getting knackered reeling the frickin thing back in so it was retired to a hedge! May still be there?

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

I use quick change swivels on the float and float stops. I bought hundreds of float stops from China and if you double up( they cost next to nothing) top and bottom they stay in place.

I use quick change swivels on the float and float stops. I bought hundreds of float stops from China and if you double up( they cost next to nothing) top and bottom they stay in place.

I once got some cheap rubber stops off evilbay and they were pretty naff. Since your happy with yours Mike, I might do as you did and give the chinky ones a go.

Next time I see you I will give you a dozen to try. They are ok and each wire holds one stop which stops messing about trying to get the second one off.

• Like 1

Next time I see you I will give you a dozen to try. They are ok and each wire holds one stop which stops messing about trying to get the second one off.

Only a dozen !...only jokin Mike :).

I don't use 'em very often really but i'm interested to see the ones you have for the times I do use 'em.