I despair !

Martin56

Why ask what something is and then demonstrate that you know perfectly well what it is?
Nobody cares about you screeching "neo-Nazi" any more than anyone cares about Cod screeching "Racist" or "Fascist" because like Strom's maxim of "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize", the phrase "Cultural Marxism" long ago passed into the general lexicon. For anyone unfamiliar, it describes the slow creep of authoritarian "progressive" leftist ideas through institutions such as universities in exactly the manor envisaged by "The Frankfurt School" of philosophy.

Interestingly:

Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben and Ezra Levant have all written on the dangers of "Cultural Marxism".

Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben and Ezra Levant have all regularly been branded "neo-Nazi", "Racists" and "Fascists" by the left.

Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben and Ezra Levant are all far more libertarian than authoritarian.
Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben and Ezra Levant all want less state control not more.

Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben and Ezra Levant are all advocates of free speech rather than the deplatforming, censorship and "hate speech" which hunts loved by the authoritarian left.
Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben and Ezra Levant are all against "political correctness" - a term coined in Stalin's Russia.

Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben and Ezra Levant are all proud Jews.

Spare me your silly labels because the "progressive" left have abused them to the point where they have no power.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken,

Why would you step over here? Isn't BREXIT enough of an issue on it's own? These four are often are labelled conservative or even alt-right. As you justifiably point out the facts indicates that all these people, with maybe the partial exception of Ben Shapiro, are far more aligned with liberals than with conservatives on the issues. They are mostly a collection of disillusioned liberals looking for a place to have honest conversation.

IMO the terms should be “the social justice left” and "reactionary right". The goal is to strategize on how to defeat the new social left. But when the reactionary right dismisses white privilege as a “Marxist lie,” it’s really hard to have good faith discussions on such issues.

These four you mention appeal to resistant people attempting to hold onto their power and privilege , not political governance .

Phone

Perhaps you could enlighten me on exactly what a "slow creep of authoritarian "progressive" leftist ideas" would be?? Are they attached to Halloween? Any way I'd like to have a pocket full for protection since I don't have a 357 mag.

Perhaps you could enlighten me on exactly what a "slow creep of authoritarian "progressive" leftist ideas" would be??

A good starting point would be the very notion of "privilege" derived from whatever intersectional identity group some lefty moron happens to have lumped someone into.

Someone being told that they are "privileged" simply because they happen to be white or east Asian is as offensive as telling someone to sit at the back of the bus because they happen to be black.

There are many people who are white, Chinese, Korean etc who grew up dirt poor in deprived areas with failing schools, just as there are many black, Indian (and in the US Hispanic) kids who grow up with a life of genuine comfort and opportunity but we can't let reality stand in the way of progressive ideals can we?

Of course, perceived "privilege" leads inexorably to the notion of equality of outcome and all the authoritarian structures that are imposed to make that happen - because for the authoritarian left, equality of opportunity isn't good enough.

We start by lowering the grades required to access tertiary education for some groups so that stupid kids from some backgrounds are given opportunities that are denied to bright kids from others.

We do the same stacking of the deck for gaining employment, and within employment through "affirmative action" programs, not because it's fair but because we must have equal representation and all the time, those "privileged" people who are white, Chinese, Korean etc who grew up dirt poor in deprived areas with failing schools are getting shat on so that their undeserving and lazy peers can be given a hand up - and while they're being shat on, the loony left and the recipients of the very real privilege that being part of one of intersectional identity politics' "victim groups" are telling them that they are "privileged" and worthless.

Can those who simply want an egalitarian society where everyone has equality of opportunity air their very real grievances? No, because the loony left will censor and deplatform them.

There are a lot of very, very angry young people out there and while the Chinese and the Koreans are in the process of suing Harvard for discrimination, they can only gain even that modicum of redress because they are non-white.

The irony here is that it is parties that are supposed to represent the working class that are pushing this stuff and the great moral panic of our times is that the children of the predominantly white working class are not rejecting loony leftist politics in favour of a more egalitarian political outlook, they are increasingly turning to extremism and that doesn't bode well for the future.

BTW: I grew up dirt poor in an inner city, I had the crap knocked out of me as a kid, I went to a failing school where coming away with 5 GCEs (the average at the time) put me in the top 4% of achievers and I've watched utterly incompetent peers given opportunities for gaining skills, be given access to mentoring, coaching and networking through affirmative action programs and I've watched them get promoted ahead of me for more than 30 years.

This stuff isn't academic, I am very, very angry and I want to tear down tis insanity before the fighting starts.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken,

You're in luck. I happen to be that lefty moron.

As would be expected your approach is to attack. To bad. The Asians want to be part of "affirmative" action at Harvard (a privilege). In the U.S to be caucasian is a privilege. Not likely those in the loony left will censor any principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities. Anyone who proposes such has just requested the basis for "lefty". It's true most privilege quickly turns to the left when it benefits them to a greater degree than the non-privilege. Your "irony" statement is just not true - sorry.

Privilege is a situation in which people who, based on luck, wealth, intelect, location, age, education level, ability or disability, ethnic or racial, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion that become a political or social class that have more advantages than other people

Example, it is not the privileged who live in the neighborhoods or work in the jobs that are most affected by illegal immigration.

I think it is often quite difficult for those of us who are economically privileged to recognize our implication in the struggles of those who bear the brunt of the contradictions of contemporary capitalism. But without such awareness our political acts may in fact only exacerbate the social divisions we currently find.

You seem to deny or acknowledge the multiple ways we are placed and have placed ourselves in relation to privilege and lack of privilege. Privilege provides a launching pad to great things, but because it colors how some see the world. For a political leader, it can color every decision, every policy, every executive order, every one of our lives.

Your idea that individual achievement in a global society is the sole result of personal effort. It’s not. There is no compelling evidence — empirical, personal or moral — to support the idea that people fight it out in a free-market brawl of self-interest, the have-nots will have just as much chance as anybody to become haves. That is just candy-coated contemptuous “rugged individualism” bull crap. The privileged are neither rugged or individual thinkers.

The privileged are “morally and intellectually bankrupt.” I would be the first to admit privilege had, in 2016, a right and reason to be angry. Both Trump and BREXIT were benefactors of appeals to privilege anxiety. Privilege is the only common denominator that can explain the “populist derangement” for Trump and BREXIT (IMO - both bad but need to be seen through)

Phone

Ken,

You're in luck. I happen to be that lefty moron.

As would be expected your approach is to attack. To bad. The Asians want to be part of "affirmative" action at Harvard (a privilege). In the U.S to be caucasian is a privilege. Not likely those in the loony left will censor any principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities. Anyone who proposes such has just requested the basis for "lefty". It's true most privilege quickly turns to the left when it benefits them to a greater degree than the non-privilege. Your "irony" statement is just not true - sorry.

Privilege is a situation in which people who, based on luck, wealth, intelect, location, age, education level, ability or disability, ethnic or racial, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion that become a political or social class that have more advantages than other people

Example, it is not the privileged who live in the neighborhoods or work in the jobs that are most affected by illegal immigration.

I think it is often quite difficult for those of us who are economically privileged to recognize our implication in the struggles of those who bear the brunt of the contradictions of contemporary capitalism. But without such awareness our political acts may in fact only exacerbate the social divisions we currently find.

You seem to deny or acknowledge the multiple ways we are placed and have placed ourselves in relation to privilege and lack of privilege. Privilege provides a launching pad to great things, but because it colors how some see the world. For a political leader, it can color every decision, every policy, every executive order, every one of our lives.

Your idea that individual achievement in a global society is the sole result of personal effort. Its not. There is no compelling evidence empirical, personal or moral to support the idea that people fight it out in a free-market brawl of self-interest, the have-nots will have just as much chance as anybody to become haves. That is just candy-coated contemptuous rugged individualism bull crap. The privileged are neither rugged or individual thinkers.

The privileged are morally and intellectually bankrupt. I would be the first to admit privilege had, in 2016, a right and reason to be angry. Both Trump and BREXIT were benefactors of appeals to privilege anxiety. Privilege is the only common denominator that can explain the populist derangement for Trump and BREXIT (IMO - both bad but need to be seen through)

Phone

Trump and Brexit for the privilege never cant be its those in this fantasy delusion who about to get the real thing then the fantasy is no more brace yourself. Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Phone.

I'm not denying that some people are born into or acquire privilege. That they are/do is a self evident truth.
My position is that it is individuals who are privileged and not groups and the moment you try to level up group outcomes by discriminating against one group in favour of another based upon arbitrary characteristics such as skin tone, you are back to separate water fountains.

If you want to increase social mobility, then have at it, introduce means tested scholarships for smart, hard working kids who would otherwise not be able to afford a college/university education but don't simply lower standards for an entire group.

If you think that it's "Not likely those in the loony left will censor any principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities" then you are sadly mistaken. One only has to look to Bret Weinstein who dared to say that white people should not be barred from Evergreen college campus for a day. This radical notion resulted in protests, deplatforming and more.

On this side of the pond, we have the University of Edinburgh hosting an “anti-racism” event in which white people were due to be banned from asking questions - which is difficult to square with "equal rights and opportunities".

Then we have champions of "equal rights", the Labour party charging white people a higher price to attend an event than brown people.

We live in clown world.

Edited by Ken L