Relentless rain...

Tigger

Jeeeez, how bad is this rain?

I think even if it stops now, which it gives no indication of doing as it's hammering down right now, the rivers round my neck of the woods would take a couple of weeks before they dropped off to anyting like a trottable level. I mean the ground is totally saturated and once the main flush has dropped off the amount of water left to seep out of the ground will still keep them running higher than the norm.

Only plus side to the weather at the moment is the temperatures haven't dropped right off.

I'm in the northwest, hows the weather at your stomping ground?

• Like 1

I'm on the other side of the Pennines, as you know Ian, and it's the same over here. Every river has possible flood warnings on it, and the rain is showing no let-up. We keep getting a torrential downpour, followed by a period of medium/heavy showers, then back to the downpour again.

I need to get out and cut the grass, but no chance. I should have cut it before we went away, but got side-tracked, and haven't had a chance to cut it since we got back, I might need a scythe to get through it at this rate.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm in Sheffield on the edge of Derbyshire and it's torrential here. Been shooting this morning and had to strip off my big wax jacket and shoot in a shirt and wax waistcoat due to the heat! Soaked to the skin except where my waiscoat touches.

Looked at the river on the way back, it's 18" up and in flood. Local reservoir Dam Flask full and over the overflow. Shame it's so bad as it fishes so well for Pike when it's full. Trouble is my old bones can't take the damp for long anymore.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

It's very wet here and has poured down all day. Tomorrow will be worse but Wednesday promises to be dry. I hate the rain.

My local stream was perfect yesterday with a healthy flow with a bit of colour (but not too much) and with lots of fish moving around on the surface and below it, but the flows been exceptionally low this year and it’s good to see it back to more normal levels.

However with all the rain that we are told is coming it may be in flood quite soon; but hey a good flush through might do it good as long as it doesn’t last too long.

Keith

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Where I live, Mackay, Queensland, we have an average 70/75 in per year. The first 5 months we received 56 in, since then not a enough to wet a postage stamp.

If you have any spare?

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Everything is saturated, the local rivers are still rising and there's another 4cm of rain forecast tomorrow.
Well at least it will get rid of that streamer weed that people have been moaning about.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Bloody stinking foreigners sending us their used weather again!

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson