Extinction Rebellion

Ken L

Is anybody buying what they're selling?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tthey have a point but say it sporting their chinese made clothes, chinese made phones waving their placards of chinese made cloth ,transported to and fro in the very things they describe as evil sitting in their nice gas powered central heated houses watching their cheap chinese tv's .

Unfortunately words are cheap they should be pointing their fingers at manufacturers who choose the packaging not the masses with little choice but to buy it.

In cities you have a choice of transport (is gas powered electricity generators charging electric cars better?) In the country you rarely walk to a supermarket then stroll home with your food ,you cannot just stroll to the pictures .you take a bus if your lucky enough to have one or you have a car

We live on a planet where humans are insignificant unfortunately we see them as the highest order of life forms but historically we are nothing ,dinosaurs once ruled for far longer than we have but "nature" wiped them out ,the planet has been far hotter than it is now and far colder wiping out billions of life forms why should we think we are different?

The climate has been warming for 10,000 years it will keep rising or it will start falling it rarely stays the same ,humans live in a great variation of temperatures from -40 to + 40 why would a degree or so make any difference?

The sea has been rising for thousands of years theres hundreds of medieval villages now under water just in britain and in egypt thousands of villages now under sand change is happening all the time and always will.both of these things far before we had oil or plastic to blame just nature

The problem lies fully in the big companies its them that demand the amazon gets put to the torch for palm oil and its big industries that make the plastic ,the masses do little the problem lies with those with money so stop these idiots stopping people getting to work to earn a crust and see them having a go ate the real problem big companies ,you know the ones that make the tellies and phones not the little guys who do little but appear to be the ones to blame because its easier to.

Tell me when did you last throw a carrier bag in the sea? When did you pour chemicals in it ? When did you last have a dump in it? If not where does it come from ? Big business ,foreigners (just look at the state of rivers in some countries!) And those we pay a great deal of money to dispose of our waste (councils and water companies) whose morals only shift the problem to someone else or just dump it in the sea anyway!

The other problem is governments not punishing people ,if councils insist i recycle then i insist its recycled not shipped of to africa or the phillipines and burnt or dumped in the nearest ditch.

Perhaps if the head of recycling shifting his problem offshore was punished it may stop! Perhaps if japan was punished for disposing millions of tons of crap into the sea everytime it had a sunami it would stop

Stop blaming humans for climate change and blame them for the dirty poluters of the planet we are ,start by isisting big business cleans up before the little guy trying to exist on little

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I just think they're funny - but that's probably because as yet, I haven't been affected by their antics.
Pollution is of course bad and to be avoided, but the best way to reduce the impact of humans on the environment is less humans.
Today's "Climate emergency" sounds a lot like Al Gore's "Planetary emergency" from 2006 but I don't see his predicted sea level rise or melted ice caps.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Once his "data" was retold correctly nor did anyone else ,the "hockey stick" was the first to go ,trouble is idiots appear to listen to "experts" not realising its biased to whoever is paying for the data to be collected.

They dont see whos paying, the criteria under which its gathered ,who and how its interpretated ,the computer modelling used to sort the data ,and how its interpretated collated and released to them ,you can pretty well give several outcomes depending on how you want it to reveal.

IE i can gather 3 sets of data from one spot ,if i stand outside harrods and as everyone i see if they shop at harrods the outcome will differ if i only ask those coming out of harrods or if those coming out have harrods carrier bags!

3 different sets of data from the same spot

If the person paying wanted to show lots of people shopped at harrods i wouldnt use the first set of data !

Manipulating data is probably the easiest thing to do to get your point across as most people dont have a clue how its collected and used

You didnt see gore using the medieval warm period in his spiel either ,i kept finding a link to another climate scientist mostly turning the data on its head disapeared often ,perhaps this chaps version was inconvenient!

If you dont believe "experts" manipulate facts.....

https://therealnews.com/stories/mbrklacich1127

"The first of the emails that people are talking about was dated November 1999. And Phil Jones writes, "Ive just completed Mikes Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie, from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keiths to hide the decline." (Phillip Jones, Director of the Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia in Norwich, from email dated November 1999) People are assuming that means to hide the decline in the rate of increase of global warming, which people thought from 1998 to now would continue to rise as it had in the 90s, but apparently its not. "

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Choosing data sets is a classic ploy. As you say, the charts always ignore the Medieval Warm Period and that results in them always showing a warming since the Little Ice Age with it's Dickensian white Christmases, frost fairs on the Thames and social unrest with large portions of the European population reduced to starvation and poverty....Happy days!

A mate of mine recently cited the appearance of birds such as egrets in the UK as evidence of global warming but it turns out that one need only look as far as Wikipedia to kill that argument.

Then there are the "Milankovitch cycles"....

Some of the reasons there no frost fairs is the thames runs faster today as we have changed the banks ,the sea froze in 1963 but the thames didnt and london was damned cold i was there!

Tea is now growing in cornwall but then vines grew here in roman times ! Someone recons many square miles were under vines!

Britain isnt the best example though we are supposed to be 5? Degrees warmer than we should due to the gulf stream ,if it get a bit warm switch it off and who would regret a mediteranian climate anyway ? (Ok i would i like it <20c in the summer)

This is the guy with the disapearing links ,how true it is i dont know whats the agenda behind it ,its very strange though links to his vids disapear with strange regularity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Inconvenient_Truth...Or_Convenient_Fiction%3F

Edited by chesters1

All,

Chesters1,

I can tell you're rambling a bit but your comment. "Stop blaming humans for climate change and blame them for the dirty [sic] poluters of the planet we are ,start by [sic] isisting big business cleans up before the little guy trying to exist on little" is pretty lame.

Ken said it best, "fewer humans". Big business has nothing to do with it - they only supply goods and services to the pipeline.

​I read somewhere (?) the number one source for ocean pollution comes from washing wearing apparel. Apparently, humans object to stinky feet.

I pretty much disagree with using the word "blame". No question, humans are up to our arces with a finger in the pot for some responsibilities. How we contribute - by rearranging the mass of the earth. The mass of all the people on the earth makes basically no difference to the mass of the earth. Averaging the mass of 7 billion humans @70 kg and 120 kg of baggage we effectively make make up a significant amount of that mass that cannot be created or destroyed - but can be changed and rearranged in form.

We are what we are. Climate change "blame" is like saying if all humans would lie flat on the earth surface we could increase the spin of the planet and thus, have a shorter work day.

Phone

Mr Bush who makes plastic packaging big companies or joe blogs? We dont need to buy stuff in plastic nets in plastic boxes covered in plastic film but you get it .

You dont need reels of bubble wrap or even plastic chips when you buy online but you get it (there are alternatives!) The end consumer doesnt insist on it but big companies insist you get it!

Cardboard is fine as are packing chips made of corn but i guess plastic is cheaper for them they dont have to get rid of it!

We now have a policy where you dont take hoovers back to the shop when they break under warrenty ,they simply send you a new one and you dispose of the old one ,this seems to satisfy the latest rules of recyckling ,ofcourse with this shiny new hoover comes the afore mentioned packaging most of which goes to land fill .

So big business makes up the rules not joe bloggs ,to get round it his only recourse is to use a broom like his forefathers lol

Theres now a sudden insistance of using "refill" fluids ,once you recycled the hard plastic bottles but now the refill container is made from unrecyclable soft plastic ,not the greatest idea on earth but the sandel wearers will think its great until piles of it are found in africa or asia doing nothing but choking pigs or donkeys

Packaging isnt made to help the end user it stops the thing in it getting damaged so it isnt sent back causing a problem at the factory ,finding a 128gb thumb drive in several layers of plastic and card board 6" across isnt for the end user its for big businesss

PS 14.99 at robert dyas wink bargain!

Tell me mr bush if humans caused climate change were we all driving cars and flying abroad when the ice started retreating 10,000 years ago? No it just happened as it has countless times on earth

Blame is a great way of getting more tax ,fear is even better!

Plastic doesnt cause climate change 'making' it doesnt help ,stop making so much of it we sent stuff round the planet long before plastic was first made ,card board is recyclable most packaging is not especially expanded foam my pet hate

Your lying down theory is interesting unfortunately mountains may spoil the effect

As you say matter cannot be destroyed but rearanging it causes big problems

Thinking on it on the bus is a box the free metro paper is put in ,on its side is emblazoned please recycle ! If they were so concerned for the planet why are they printing them in the first place!

Edited by chesters1

Chesters1,

Plastic neither creates or destroys mass. Perhaps your missus can bury you in a lovely Styrofoam casket.

When we sufficiently rearrange enough of the planets mass we will cease to exist in favor of hybrid vigor.

Phone

It certainly fills up landfill compared to oil!

And it makes more mass than a few water buffalo!

https://www.google.com/search?q=picture+of+rubbish+filled+river&client=firefox-b-m&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia1pGzhZrlAhVkoVwKHVmABMIQ_AUIBigB&biw=1088&bih=505#spf=1570997416617

Edited by chesters1