Fair weather fisherman

Cameraman

On 11/16/2019 at 9:32 PM, Tigger said:

Sounds like you did ok John!

Might be worth making a later start and staying for an hour or so into darkness?

I felt I did suss it out eventually Ian, I like it when I can solve a problem, and get a result. It was my idea to stop on later but I snagged up and lost the hook, and as the rowers were still out, I decided to pack up. It's not the best place to be fishing after dark, especially on your own, but I would have stopped on for a half hour or so if I hadn't snagged up. 

The rowers were a right pain in the backside at times, a couple of times I had to pull the rod out of the way to avoid it being hit by a boat. I had a word with a couple of crews, about their behaviour, some were apologetic, but some were arrogant knobs who thought they owned the place. I'll know to avoid the weekends in future.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

9 hours ago, gozzer said:

Thank you very much for your offer, if I do make the trip over it will be in the summer, when we have longer days.

It must be 25+ years since I fished Dam Flask, I don't remember how it fished, but I do remember the size of the place. It was pretty daunting to a river angler like me. Although I have fished a few reservoirs, Hill top at Slaithwaite being the most often, I'm a river angler at heart, and feel more comfortable, and confident on moving water.

John.

No worries, offers always open. It's around 5 - 10 mins from my home and as I'm retired now it's no inconvenience. 

It can be a daunting place, but get it right and its rewarding.

Tight lines

Andy

• Like 1
If all else fails, follow the intructions.