General Election 2019

Ken L

The BIG question is, did the Conservatives actually win?

Lets see, hmmmm, what have we all been informed in the past.

If you add the entire population together including babies, dogs, cats and goldfish more people did not vote Conservative.

Since yesterday somebody has had their 18th birthday today but couldn’t vote yesterday.

Somewhere in the Country a Conservative voter has died this morning so the vote doesn’t count.

It was an advisory election not a real one so doesn’t count.

Lots of people didn’t understand the question on the ballot paper.

Only racists, bigots and thick people voted blue.

It wasn’t clearly explained that if you voted Conservative then the Conservatives would form the government.

Lots of people have changed their minds.

Not quite such a decisive result then is it?

• Like 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Surely dead people should be allowed to vote postmortem after all they worked all their lives to pay mp's to tell them what to do.

Unfortunately the idea is quite old some prospective mp's already use dead people to vote for them ,goldfish do already but are useless in exit polls

Dogs will be influenced by their owners but cats are trustworthy .

Unfortunately if every living ,dead ,canine ,feline, canary monkey and goldfish voted for conservatives labour and their supporters would still give the impression they won and hardly a word why they did not ,after all if you can tell the public night is day and not blink an eye then just one vote is a winner

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

As a long-time Labour supporter, I voted Conservative and I'm GLAD they got in and gave Corbyn a bloody nose. And despite what a lot of politicals have been saying, the result was not all about Brexit either, plenty of other people I know (who would also have normally voted for Labour) chose to vote against Corbyn too.

Now hopefully that waste of skin will step down early and we'll get someone we can respect running the party.

• Like 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

All,

Here is what we know on this side of the pond.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/12/13/world/europe/uk-general-election-results.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

As for me personally some of my following comment should be in quotes and some is my observation.  I've read about six articles on the topic.

Johnson delivered the Conservative Party its first commanding majority in over 40 years, while the opposition Labour Party teeters on the precipice of civil war.

Johnson presented Brexit as a simple hurdle, rather than a process likely to take a decade. Boris Johnson’s victory has drawn in millions of former Labour voters whose vision of Brexit is far different from the Conservative establishment’s. These voters want safe jobs, protection from imports and the restoration of a Britain that vanished in the contrails of the global economy. I like Singapore-on-Thames, as their marketing slogan. 

As Britain has learned before, bitterly, Conservatives do not squander their majorities. Now they have a big one, and five full years to use it

Phone.

Blimey! Was there an election? Must have missed it....

• Like 1

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

On 12/13/2019 at 5:33 PM, Phone said:

These voters want safe jobs, protection from imports and the restoration of a Britain that vanished in the contrails of the global economy.

I look forward to seeing how that works out for them when they fall with a splat on the cold, hard floor of the WTO that many of them hanker after.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

18 hours ago, corydoras said:

I look forward to seeing how that works out for them when they fall with a splat on the cold, hard floor of the WTO that many of them hanker after.

ahh right, with your misery of a negative Brexit, that's the best you can hope for? Rest easy, ain't gonna happen unless the e u throw the baby out.

And fone, I hope you don't consider being part  of a federal political expansionist regime liken that to be within a global economy, in particular the u k electorate where never  given the opportunity to provide their mandate to in any event.   

Latest comments that place the u k in a good bargaining position for a deal with the protectionist e u political trade org.

quote:

“Some elements will be settled in that, the rights of citizens for example will be dealt with in the withdrawal agreement that leaves the trade agreement.”

Ms Burley added: “That’s a pretty big thing to be dealing with.”

Mr Fox continued: “It would be normally, in most trade agreements the time is taken up understanding one another’s regulatory systems, understanding the complexities of tariffs and any protections the economy has.

“We of course have a situation where we already have a zero tariff agreement and further to that, in the political declaration that the two sides have signed it says that we will not have tariffs or fees or quotas.”

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

1 hour ago, barry luxton said:

Rest easy, ain't gonna happen unless the e u throw the baby out.

I never said anything about "hope".

Can you demonstrate your assertion to be true or is that just your opinion?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'll hazard a guess, let's see, the u k will leave the e u's political nightmare by the end of January. Following on, the u k will leave the transition period at the end of next year. How's that.

You lobbying you new m p yet to get the best leaving deal possible for you and the rest on the u k?

And as the government has a stonking great majority, they are in the driving seat and the e u megliomaniniacs would be rather stupid in not complying with what the electorate democratically voted for and that is to leave with no strings.

Down to them.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..