General Election 2019

Ken L

16 hours ago, corydoras said:

Are you talking about Article 24?

The short answer is ‘no’! However, as I have tried to point out on many an occasion, Lawyers write treaties, trade agreements and just about everything else so that, in the main, only another lawyer can read them, even then the opinions given will be variable and subject to interpretation (in the Courts).

It is never good to rely on a single part, section or paragraph because they are intertwined.

I am referring to the articles of transferring trade agreements contained within the 1980 Procedures for modification and rectification of Schedules.

In short and in layman’s terms, any current trade agreement made by the EU whilst negotiating by, on behalf of or whilst the U.K. was a member can be rectified.

Simply put, the U.K. can take any trade agreement entitled, say, “A Trade Agreement between the European Union and xxxxxx” Strike a line through the EU and add The United Kingdom in its place and you have a rectified valid agreement.

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

15 minutes ago, Phone said:

Hugh,

Just me - - there is not enough gold in California the get your "rectified valid agreement" past any sniff test you choose.

Phone

I will give you a chance to edit that before I reply.

• Confused 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

6 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Simply put, the U.K. can take any trade agreement entitled, say, “A Trade Agreement between the European Union and xxxxxx” Strike a line through the EU and add The United Kingdom in its place and you have a rectified valid agreement.

Let us all know how you get on with that.

https://tradebetablog.wordpress.com/2018/02/13/grandfathering-eu-ftas/

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Well looks like Brexit is finally going ahead at last, Yippee! After years of lies, deceit, scaremongering, bickering, blocking and plain bo**ocks. Yes I feel a little trepidation, but I believe it's a good move for the future of the country. It may all go tit$ up, but then again it may be the best thing ever, I guess we'll have to wait and see. God forbid I ever vote Tory, but i'm actually quite enthusiastic that Boris will get this sorted asap and maybe just maybe he'll turn out to be half decent PM. He'll still be a lowlife lying scumbag politician, but the same can be said of 99% of those that sit in Westminster. Perhaps Boris will be remembered in history as the best of a very poor bunch. Onwards we go, lets get this done.

• Like 1

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Hugh,

I'll stand by my "sniff test" statement. (I'm a Yank u know)  While not horribly concerned ( we've got a President to impeach) this is what I understand as a probable outcome.

One of the provisions of the last Withdrawal agreement

The UK will remain bound during the transition period by the obligations stemming from all EU international agreements. In the area of trade, this means that third countries keep the same UK market access. During this period, the UK cannot become bound by new agreements on its own in areas of Union exclusive competence unless authorised to do so by the EU.

There are the three main types of agreement:

1.      Customs Unions

§  eliminate customs duties in bilateral trade, and;

§  establish a joint customs tariff for foreign importers.

2.      Association Agreements, Stabilisation Agreements, (Deep and Comprehensive) Free Trade Agreements and Economic Partnership Agreements

§  remove or reduce customs tariffs in bilateral trade.

3.      Partnership and Cooperation Agreements

§  provide a general framework for bilateral economic relations, and;

§  leave customs tariffs as they are.

Unless it is a "go to hell" exit the strength of the worlds largest economy may just play a role

Phone

"get her done"!!

7 hours ago, corydoras said:

make your mind up for goodness sake, two days ago, you were sarcastically claiming that the new government will fall flat using wto.

That's while you continue with project fear, yes there really has been a stonking great big election success for the tories you despise and they will be getting the job done, so move on.

ohhh both the e u and the u k also use wto. What ever next.

looking forward to the queens speech and all the other bills that WILL go through, are you?

Edited by barry luxton
typo, grammer

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

7 hours ago, corydoras said:

?? oh no never Can’t be right surly not .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

31 minutes ago, big_cod said:

?? oh no never Can’t be right surly not .

Of course you and cory are aware that the 1972 communities act is being revised, amended the day the u k leaves the e u, aren't you, the bill has already been passed into u k law, btw?

And that in plain English means that all e u law, legislation is on the u k's statute books for the u k parliament to decide to keep amend or dump. And as such now that there is a stonking great big majority for the u k's executive, any revision will sail through parliament. So what has been linked that you and cory rely on is watered down to irrelevance.

There are 12,000 e u regulations, (they have been busy, managing for managements sake and jobs for the boys) spring to mind. Never mind, the u k will now be in a best position to deal, don't you agree.

ohhhh, quote e u law, sounds like the new administration is already on the case: 

The European Commission created a pathway for companies and member states to raise concerns about trade barriers in non-EU countries.

The UK says this was infrequently used and wants to establish a new process in the UK instead of transporting this old system over.

and quote huge-vitae, who is correct:  In short and in layman’s terms, any current trade agreement made by the EU whilst negotiating by, on behalf of or whilst the U.K. was a member can be rectified.

Edited by barry luxton
text added

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

8 hours ago, corydoras said:

By editing my text you miss out an important part of the reply, that is that it is open for interpretation.

You have gone on now to “prove” (to yourself and others hanging on to your shirt tails like an insecure puppy) why the process will fail.

At least you have moved forward from your stance of denying it’s existence.

The important part of the article you referenced is where the author qualifies his position by saying “I am not a lawyer.”

Previously the author has argued that rectification will not work because Argentina will object due to its dispute with the U.K. over The Falklands. This is and remains a rubbished argument as objections can only be trade related.

For every person you find to support your view I could find one to support mine. It is a shame that some seem to be wishful or even hopeful that the U.K. will fail. Any economist will tell you that such failure will have a dramatic possibly catastrophic impact on WORLD Trade. Something you and others might cast a few moments of thought to whist you languish in your own misery.

As a final note on what definitely will or won’t happen which remains rebuttable the U.K. submitted its papers for rectification in July, WTO members have three months to raise objections. Your quoted ‘expert’ and prophet of doom and gloom failed to mention this SMALL fact.