Why I no longer live in Birmingham

Ken L

Chesters1,

I've alway considered you a reliable source of English life.

How bad is Petersborough? I’ve been offered a booking for a weekend get away in Peterborough. Is it customary when I look at a local for more than three seconds, they will shout “WHAT”??? and become extremely aggressive. I’m told taking a trip into the town center and it’s like walking onto the set of the Walking dead – true?  It can't be all that bad - can it?

Phone

How bad is peterborough ! While your country is vast ours is big enough not to know who lives in the next village.

Heard of peterborough never been to peterborough never will go to peterborough so your knowledge is more or less the same as mine.

Its a bit like finding out someone is from london and asking if they know someone you do

We do though have a knack of foreigner spotting ,unfortunately disapearing now when every other person seems to be one but in most cases yanks are spotted as soon as they open their mouths lol

When i was a kid foreigners were the talk of the town a jew moving into the road caused concern and spotting a black or "indian" rare indeed ,now its the opposite NOT spotting one in any road just as rare and you can bet half the whites you see will be polish lol

Aside from wearing stetsons and spurs a yank will blend in today and only when they speak will the secret be revealed we have a tame one in the village ,she could out drawl jerry hall often heard but rarely recognise

As for attracting attention in some places anyone will get a reaction the more toes the locals have the more attension you will get because they think your after their father brothers or worse sister mothers ! Mono brows are the norm in places luckily in the sticks theres still enough variation in the gene pool to get pleasent humans that chat before stabbing you in the back.I feel sorrow for any foreigner coming here its not the country of my youth its a melting pot of the scum of the earth breeding more scum to breed out the nice people left

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Here you go Phone.

Could get interesting in the next week or so because the town is especially noted for it's finely crafted election rigging.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.