Mango Time

Bobj

December and mangoes, yum!

The supermarkets are selling them at $2 each and the locals in my area are chucking the ones they grow in the rubbish due to flying foxes and possums ...

One from my tree weighed 1.3 kg

P1080186.JPG.aea6abe52c84f2bc04baece954b43dbd.JPG

• Like 1

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Muppets in Darwin planted mango trees along the streets. When I was there a few years ago, the flying foxes were in town and making a hell of a mess.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

10 hours ago, Ken L said:

Muppets in Darwin planted mango trees along the streets. When I was there a few years ago, the flying foxes were in town and making a hell of a mess.

My garden backs onto National Park and every 3rd year a ranger comes to see what's been happening. It seems the hierachy in the QLD National Parks And Wildlife take a dislike to the people who plant mango and custard apple trees are doing wrong and try to tick us off. However, they cannot believe that the very creatures they 'protect', the possums and flying foxes, are dropping the seeds in the parks.

The council of a small town in NSW, Bingara, planted the main street with orange trees and every year the primary school children are given a morning to harvest the oranges and sell them. The proceeds go to the school.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

11 hours ago, Ken L said:

And did you drop a line for a barramundi? The Tourist Board, tagged a number of barra with prize tags and released them throughout the area. The total prize money was $1m

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Tried and failed in Darwin. Caught sooties and Saratoga in Kakadu and got smashed up by big barra on the light spinning rod I had with me. I did finally bag what was then my first ever barra at Mission Beach - and then I found India.

• Haha 1

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I was talking to an australian woman in a cafe today, she remarked the rain was terrible i remarked i bet she would like some of it back home! she muttered something i didnt catch.

Nice mango not had a whole one but i once turned a kilo of tinned pulp into some very nice ice lollies they dont freeze solid mind you.

Putting a can of tinned peaches into a ninja does the same!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

52 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

I was talking to an australian woman in a cafe today, she remarked the rain was terrible i remarked i bet she would like some of it back home! she muttered something i didnt catch.

Nice mango not had a whole one but i once turned a kilo of tinned pulp into some very nice ice lollies they dont freeze solid mind you.

Putting a can of tinned peaches into a ninja does the same!

The only ones worth eating in the UK are the Pakistani ones that find their way into "Asian" supermarkets at the end of June and through July.

It's nearly time for Persimmons to hit the supermarkets.

MMmmmmm.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!