i want one but where?

chesters1

I knocked up a double sided track so i could do straight lines but it doesnt work along the edges of wood only making cuts inside of the edge (grooves) used the old guys table two doors away and its brilliant as thd router is fixed and you move the wood !

He offered it to me  but its to big to store in my shed and being made of mdf cannot be left outside the one i am after is perfect you can remove the router and fold the table and put the table between the sheds and the router back in its box where its lived unused bar for a few outings for ten years ,hopefully its not gone so rusty as the circular saw ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

May be more cost effective then to pay for jobs you need routing??

You're a bit of a bodger like most (not a machinist / engineer or carpenter by your own past admissions!!)

All the gear but not really the skills in the sphere.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

7 hours ago, Martin56 said:

May be more cost effective then to pay for jobs you need routing??

You're a bit of a bodger like most (not a machinist / engineer or carpenter by your own past admissions!!)

All the gear but not really the skills in the sphere.

Your right there,the problem is i dont do it enough to become skilfull ,i can do brilliant bodges but not up to enough standard to look good.

I made our bathroom under sink cupboard grooves the lot but its doing its job but would make prettier firewood lol

Got the gear but no idea being in a council house doesnt help! you phone up and someone else fixes it unlike the last house where bodging was the only thing that kept it standing

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You are correct, routing, especially around corners is very much better, easier and quicker when using a table.

Just been out to my workshop; This is my one. But I don’t think they are available new anymore but used is a possibility.

It was designed for the router supplied but that broke so I removed the push button on and off switch and rewired in a standard, switched 3 pin plug socket.

BIG BUT, it is steel so will need a cover outside.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

8 hours ago, Phone said:

ANT,

You have set a new record for the length of a URL that doesn't work on this side of the pond

Phone

I did think the same thing Phone. But don't worry, you're not missing much. :D

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

5 hours ago, snakey1 said:

Looks nice but twice the price I am prepared to go to,the old chaps one is an Axminster but not folding and knowing him far more expensive .he likes axminster stuff

• 9 months later...

Yes i saw those and similar ones but storage is the problem ,we only have 3 sheds my ones 8*6  but its only half a shed the other half is my "shop" (the GK's named it ) its a storage shelf with rows of food on it underneath is drawers with my tools in on the other side is a pillar drill ,grinder wheels ,polisher and racks for other tools under them is a shelf with large boxes on underneath that bulk drinks by the case so no actual room to put anywhere ,middle shed 6*4 is full of camping gear for the trailer tent and the far shed 8*6 is the gardening shed mowers etc.

The table would have fitted snuggly between the sheds its dry etc and being mostly plastic weatherproof ,even my second choice folding table has disapeared and enquiries to the company say its now only sold in the usa ! We here dont seem to have the capability to design and make anything lol

You can buy ali sheets with the fittings to bolt a router to it but again finding a bench suitable  to put it on not easy ,my dads old stanley one is the worst engineered thing i ever saw i use it to stand on to reach the gutters as a work bench its dire it hasnt got any clamping force if angles are involved

The only other thing i can think of is a machine table i have an axminster one i put a couple of planks on and bolted my vice to it but its pretty flimsey compared to the 3ft wide tree trunk it replaced after it rotted so much it split when we hit a bit of metal in the vice with a sledge hammer ,the axminster one just holds the weight of the vice lol

The problem isnt the top of a table its the spars underneath to make it more sturdy (3mm plastic hardly supports itself) so theres uneven areas to put clamps on etc

I did think of this one but ofcourse the hinges are exactly where the router plate would be and according to feedback the top clamps are fine but there little room to put clamps vertically ,i want everything why do people refuse to design what i want? And for next to nothing grrr

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WORX-WX051-Pegasus-Multifunction-Sawhorse/dp/B0716B88KY

I doubt it supports 300lb !half that on one edge would fold those puny supports in half

Spotted the husky clone being used ,its junk !

Edited by chesters1