Is it time to close the airports yet Dave?

Ken L

Just put up some signs in the garden and on the door regarding deliveries

The gist is if you dont need a signature just knock and leave the parcel on the step

If you do need one knock ,leave your pad on the shelf by the door and step back and i will sign it

I didnt make it clear if we had it and isolated or didnt ,the idea THEY may catch it should make sure its complied with!

As to some couriers i have footage of them hurling packages from halfway up the garden so probably some complied over the last few years! LOL

Ofcourse washing your hands post signing and unpacking is essential including the parcel contents if possible! (Theres no consential time this virus can remain alive on objects it differes from 'hours' to 'days' how many hours and days is left to speculation!)

It may sound over the top but realising perhaps you should have been more vigilent as your lowered into your grave isnt the best time to have regrets!

We are lucky i am retired ,had i still worked for the uni heavens knows the outcome !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

First, I feel I must apologise for my last self indulgent post, my only excuse is that I'd had a couple of drinks, and was feeling pretty down at the time. 

This self isolating for the over seventies, that's been suggested could last for up to 12 weeks is not helping things. Is it just me, or are there any others that don't feel they could last that long? As it is I don't go to pubs, clubs, eateries, theatres, cinemas etc, and the only time I'm in any kind of crowd, is when we do the weekly shop. I follow all hygiene advice, don't use public transport, and the car is cleaned out regularly with antibacterial wipes especially on all touch points. There are news reports rumours that this could end up being made law, with penalties incurred by offenders. I fail to see how it could be enforced, and surely if I were to go fishing, walking in the country, or if I had an allotment, then all these would be beneficial to both my physical, and mental health, and carry little if any risk.

This is all academic anyway, because my wife, who is 5 years younger than me, works full time in an accounts office, and surprise, surprise, we live in the same house! 

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Theres no problem self isolating and going fishing ,the idea is to distance you from potential carriers not impose solitary confinement lol?

Had a wander today chatted from the other side of the road to a local (firstly informing them what we are up to) wanderered round the block ,wandered round a field then went home and washed my hands.

Eeasy in the sticks but living in huge cities like farnham you would have far more restrictions

As to surviving eeeeasy ! I dont go out nor have friends so i live in my bubble anyway just spent an hour building a shelf into my new garden box ,lots to do

As to the mrs its more difficult mine has never worked and also self isolates (she used to visit the grand kids once a week)  but the decision is made easier as she has medical problems so it makes sense to

If its sunny tomorrow i will join 4 sheep and detect in their field they wont be fussed at all!

My concern is the government will introduce draconian laws which could make sense now but not repeal them when its over ,the police will use them for completely the wrong reason as they have with the mass of terrorism laws introduced by labour when it made sense!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just got off the phone to my mum, she's coming up to 74 in july and says she wouldn't cope with isolating herself. "I go stir crazy if it rains for 2 days and can't get out" was her reply to me asking her to stay safe. Luckily she's never smoked and is fit and well, probably fitter than I infact. 

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

All,

A rare serious comment.

Human social isolation is recognized as a problem of vast importance.  Isolation can wreak havoc on an individual’s physical, mental and cognitive health. There is ample expert evidence linking perceived social isolation with adverse health consequences including depression, poor sleep quality, impaired executive function, accelerated cognitive decline, poor cardiovascular function and impaired immunity at every stage of life. The risk of early death, social isolation increased the risk among white participants by 60 to 84 percent

Phone

Wreak havoc on a person whos continually demanding social contact perhaps but those who distance themselves anyway wont notice anything ,see sometimes the loners have an advantage lol

For those bakers heres a code for this flour ,just ordered a bag so cannot comment on it but it does contain some Canadian flour ,ignore the 10% off one use this for free delivery CHURCH2302

https://www.fwpmatthews.co.uk/product/matthews-churchill-special-white-flour/

Hmmm checking amazon they are out of flour so fingers crossed the millers above are not sold out !

Edited by chesters1

11 hours ago, *Ant* said:

Just got off the phone to my mum, she's coming up to 74 in july and says she wouldn't cope with isolating herself. "I go stir crazy if it rains for 2 days and can't get out" was her reply to me asking her to stay safe. Luckily she's never smoked and is fit and well, probably fitter than I infact. 

If she means out and meeting people then she and you have a problem ,if she means going for a walk and chatting from affar its less ,if she avoids people altogether and has hand sanitizer (a rare commodity now but a weak solution of bleach in a bottle is better than nothing) incase she touches places other could touch shes fine!

Unfortunately "the spirit of the blitz" is going to kill, virus have no respect for doggedness! (Or being stubborn!)

Ignore the press and use your head if you can avoid other people and what they may infect your safe (grangers law applies ofcourse)

)

5 hours ago, chesters1 said:

If she means out and meeting people then she and you have a problem ,if she means going for a walk and chatting from affar its less ,if she avoids people altogether and has hand sanitizer (a rare commodity now but a weak solution of bleach in a bottle is better than nothing) incase she touches places other could touch shes fine!

Unfortunately "the spirit of the blitz" is going to kill, virus have no respect for doggedness! (Or being stubborn!)

Ignore the press and use your head if you can avoid other people and what they may infect your safe (grangers law applies ofcourse)

)

She likes to get out shopping, seeing her brothers and sisters and being out in the fresh air (basically getting out the house and away from my misserable step dad :D ). She isn't too concerned about herself, but is worried about catching it and passing it on. My step dad is a life long smoker and has lung problems as well as cancer, so she's worrying about him. And my grandma is still alive on the island and my mum visits her a couple of times a week to clean and do her grocery shopping. She's well into her 90's and is a frail old dear as you can imagine at that age. She can't go out by herself as her eyesight is very poor and she falls over quite a lot. She lives on her own in a quite isolated house on the clifftop just outside Shanklin. The problem is that all the advice that is coming out from the government is for my mum to self isolate, but she can't just leave her mum to fend for herself for who knows how many weeks or months. 

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Ant,

Just me - not the experts.  Chesters1 is right in that the advice and outcome is not the same for. everyone .

For me - Chesters1's way is a forced drawn out death

I would, if I were her, perhaps alter my shopping frequency (as I have) but everything else in your mum's routine I would continue unabated.

All the advice that is coming out from the government for your mum to self isolate is WRONG.  Firstly, it is not even remotely directed at her.

She should live life to the fullest within the confines of what you describe as her forever routine

Phone 

• Like 1