Is it time to close the airports yet Dave?

Ken L

4 hours ago, *Ant* said:

She likes to get out shopping, seeing her brothers and sisters and being out in the fresh air (basically getting out the house and away from my misserable step dad :D ). She isn't too concerned about herself, but is worried about catching it and passing it on. My step dad is a life long smoker and has lung problems as well as cancer, so she's worrying about him. And my grandma is still alive on the island and my mum visits her a couple of times a week to clean and do her grocery shopping. She's well into her 90's and is a frail old dear as you can imagine at that age. She can't go out by herself as her eyesight is very poor and she falls over quite a lot. She lives on her own in a quite isolated house on the clifftop just outside Shanklin. The problem is that all the advice that is coming out from the government is for my mum to self isolate, but she can't just leave her mum to fend for herself for who knows how many weeks or months. 

Unfortunately its not going to be easy ,if she looks after your step dad by isolating she neglets your gran ,what about she does the shopping and leave it on your grans door step the cleaning can wait i am sure .she could chat through an open window or on the phone .I think her front door will need to be the airlock to your gran !

If she falls over i guess for the briefest time she will have to assist its a no win situation !

As i said if your mum does her best to avoid others she lessens the chance ,what about a threesome (oer mrs) and have the shopping delivered to them all in one place ? Perhaps gran can shack up with your parents or vice versa but your mum will have to be carefull she could infect two for the price of one!

It appears its far more serious than flu and we know thousands die from that every winter so you have to insist your mum complies !

I had a delivery today i wiped every item with milton ,seems over the top but you just dont know who packed it and it was an overnight delivery so packed just yesterday, it's serious you need to get it through to your parents and gran one slip could be it!

I swallowed a fly today walking home from detecting and had a coughing fit trying to dislodge it, I reckon half the street hid under the bed in case I was infected!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

CHESTERS1,

Do you believe you play an important role in your own mortality? Interestingly, I have found a few positive aspects pondering mortality. One is accepting it rather than running away or fearing it, It helps me to make the most of my time-limited existence. one less hurdle I reckon.

Phone

Yes you have the greatest impact on your mortality ,if you try to avoid things that will kill you younger you will live longer.

There is no god to help you and no god that can smite you .

You yourself have the greatest influence along with a great deal of luck!

I fear death ,i wont go to the light ,i will resist as long as i can jumping as many hurdles to prolong it as i can until i change my mind if i am bedridden or in vast pain THEN i may welcome it!

With death comes the reality life was wasted ,you may have fun and do many things in life but it means nothing as you rot in the ground ,we have longer lives than the pointless short lives of dogs but they are still pointless in the grand scheme of things

I did my small part i passed on my genes so my children can have pointless lives and do the same to theirs

My whole life has been reaction to circumstances i never do life changing things because i want to if circumstances dont change nor will i ,i have no problem with that ,let others travel ,have fun and have notable lives i am happy with what i have and being given life even pointless i will hold on to it as long as i can its the only decent thing i can do to myself (or not)

If you get reborn as who you were perhaps i will change but i bet i have had a pointless life for many reincarnations i think i am genetically to lazy to alter what is me ,you spend a lifetime building up experience then death takes it from you what the point of it?

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just spent time some enrolling in sainsbury shopping system (once I spotted my password needed a number in one!)

Couldn't find a delivery spot anytime this month so luckily my squirrelling away of food was a good thing but its obvious those that did not will be in the long line of people hoping the person next to them with a cough isnt infected!

Even amazon has collapsed i cannot even find a tin of peas lol

As the country is collapsing i thought i would buy another sack of flour ,the cost of postage is excessive so i tried the code again but it picked it up i had already used it and declined ,i used another email address which is obviously how they associate the code to the address and it went through ,fingers crossed its not spotted and i dont get a wheat allergy!

I find it strange VPN's dont stop you being recognised via cookies ,its of little use if sites still know who you are you have to use it plus a 'private' tab to go incognito it seems?

Edited by chesters1

Chesters1,

I have more faith in the theory of 50/50 than you.  If there is a master  overseer I doubt he is bothered about me.The Meaning of life is that it stops. Just because we don’t want something, that doesn’t mean we automatically need fear it.

We have already experienced billions of years of non-existence before I was born, but I don’t feel that bad about it. We have already been there and it was fine, so why worry about returning there? The alternative to death is even worse. and does frighten me somewhat.

I believe most people are never going to die because they’re never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place, but who will in fact never see the light of day, outnumber all the grains of sand.

I do not fear the risk of making a mistake. I fear the mistake of not taking a risk that I should take in life.

Phone

Chesters1,

I an becoming quite annoyed at the reactive position the world seems to have taken. Trump and his mates have decided to throw ONE TRILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS at it and I am down to my last roll of bog paper. My wife is an avid Amazon shopper. She just got paid and can't seem to  be able to spend a dime of it

Phone

3 hours ago, Phone said:

Chesters1,

I an becoming quite annoyed at the reactive position the world seems to have taken. Trump and his mates have decided to throw ONE TRILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS at it and I am down to my last roll of bog paper. My wife is an avid Amazon shopper. She just got paid and can't seem to  be able to spend a dime of it

Phone

Lol Amazon has suffered the only people on it are selling cheap things expensive!

I supose its that supply and demand cod refuses to understand.

By the time the peak comes bracken should be flourishing i may try selling it as 'green' bog paper theres an abundance in the unused fields round here ,perhaps if food gets to expensive those fields may get tilled and agriculture flourish once more!

Theres silver linings in every cloud