Is it time to close the airports yet Dave?

Ken L

China banning the sales of a number of wild animals ,that should put the price up making the demand higher ,theres always a silver lining !

The printing industry is making a killing with all these government signes that are apparently appearing everywhere ,another silver lining .

Britains booming ,strange they say garden centers can open my compost came from one ,you can get round any rule with common sense

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

OH no the old vic is looking for hand outs ,calamity!

Blimey Danone stocks are falling this virus is really hitting industry?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

7 hours ago, big_cod said:

3D07B949-5F04-47F5-9AC7-E46E80C42623.png

What's the alternative and who is going to pay for it?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

In hindsight everything can be scrutinised, analysed, and criticised. What might have seemed like insignificant statements, and suggestions that were ignored at the time, can become terrible mistakes in the light of newer developments. The number of early forecasts, and predictions that were later proven to be untrue, or mistaken, are conveniently forgotten, especially by those who are happy to play the blame game. They seem to get some kind of 'kick' out of playing this game, but very rarely have they offered a viable alternative, prior to the event.

We've had to listen to too much confirmation bias, now we're getting it's close relative 'hindsight bias'.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

8 hours ago, Ken L said:

I reckon the banks owe us billions after WE the tax payer bailed them out for their own feck ups.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Unfortunately 'fining' big companies means the taxpayer as customers foot the bill in increased prices to cover their loss!

Direct taxation as reconpense on the managers and stockholders may do it but i guess their wages (and again the customer will pay for the increase) will be raised to counter any loss.

What the government should have done is give the money to the masses ,it would still get to the banks either in savings or profit from companies  from the increased spending by the masses on their goods ,win win for everyone

Edited by chesters1

CHESTERS1,

Straight from economics 101. You have clearly defined "inflation" - a general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money.

You had it all going for you and blew it by posting the last four words.

Phone

12 hours ago, Ken L said:

In 2008 the banks got £500 billion Off the U.K. government.money or lives which is it according to boris the terrible money !!!!

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg