Is it time to close the airports yet Dave?

Ken L

Show me the word "pair" anywhere in this photo ,gloves are sold in numbers not pairs,i used to buy boxes of 500 or even 1000 when i did pcb prototyping i never ever bought a pair

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8bfykwuks76ccs/IMG_20200603_124752.jpg?dl=0

If a person didnt know this they would presume it was a 100 pairs it is not there isnt a pair the gloves are not right or left handed they are all identical except non-sterile come in plain or powder dusted ones only surgeons use sterile ones they MAY come in pairs ii am not a surgeon nurses and carers will be using non sterile if they come out a box like this

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

4 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Show me the word "pair" anywhere in this photo ,gloves are sold in numbers not pairs,i used to buy boxes of 500 or even 1000 when i did pcb prototyping i never ever bought a pair

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8bfykwuks76ccs/IMG_20200603_124752.jpg?dl=0

If a person didnt know this they would presume it was a 100 pairs it is not there isnt a pair the gloves are not right or left handed they are all identical except non-sterile come in plain or powder dusted ones only surgeons use sterile ones they MAY come in pairs ii am not a surgeon nurses and carers will be using non sterile if they come out a box like this

Yes I buy PPE gloves  by the box we use them  on the boat now do I count a single glove or do I count a pair of gloves it’s a very difficult question ? especially as they fit either hand so would you say 50 pairs of gloves because they are exactly the same or would you say 100 gloves .so in the case of PPE being used in the NHS do we use 1 glove at a time or 2 a pair .And would you change both gloves a pair or just one  . So you would always count gloves in pairs not as a single glove .Thats unless Your Mat Hancock but he is very up and down with his figures .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, *Ant* said:

That gave me PTSD flashbacks of an.....erm....doctors examination. Small frail fella, but geez' it felt like he had fingers the size of King Kong. :blink:

I had a similar experience Ant, very very uncomfortable and embarrassing, in actual fact I never went back to that Dentist again!

• Haha 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

3 minutes ago, Huge_Vitae said:

I had a similar experience Ant, very very uncomfortable and embarrassing, in actual fact I never went back to that Dentist again!

He could of at least bought me flowers and taken me for a posh meal first, I felt used and abused. :D

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

6 hours ago, *Ant* said:

That gave me PTSD flashbacks of an.....erm....doctors examination. Small frail fella, but geez' it felt like he had fingers the size of King Kong. :blink:

As you get older the attention seems to zero in in one area !! The crack of a glove being twanged brings fear to the bravest of men !actually compared to a camera up your old man for prostrate exams a gloved finger up your jaxie are quite nice! ,it like being gay for 30 seconds i suppose ?

I did start a thread on the prostrate camera exam some years ago lts not faded from my mind yet despite several fingers up the jaxie for routine exams since

Still not seen you pointing to the word "pair" on those boxes yet despite your idea someone probably never seeing gloves in a box would presume 100 would mean pairs so someone telling him "yes we have 400 boxes of 100 gloves" in his logic would mean 400 boxes of 100 pairs of gloves!

Found another box we bought from poundland it says 18 gloves NOT 9 (or even 18) "pairs" of gloves ,gloves in boxes are a number not a pair ! So an easy mistake to make in this case and plainly seen by the word PAIR not occuring anywhere on the box

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

"with recital exams until tonight I assumed half a pair would be plenty"

Is that middle c or a crotchet lol

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

"with recital exams until tonight I assumed half a pair would be plenty"

Is that middle c or a crotchet lol

Who needs a whole glove?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Wouldnt like a finger cot left up my bot!