Is it time to close the airports yet Dave?

Ken L

I only heard an opinion on it's workings ,the guy gave the impression (rightly or wrongly) you have to press OK to the message to get rid of it on the screen .whether. You can get around it without revealing you aknowledge the message I don't know.

I did notice though on a lessr smart phone although it lets you opt out of emergency messages the slider isn't totally clear when you opt out like other ones but grey so it could be overridden ?

Is it a standard government warning system or does pressing OK opt you into a far more devious tracking system for these 15 minute city malarky after all cyclists at the moment cannot be tracked nor walkers either

Of course once electric vehicals become standard you can bet "for safety" they will be tracked 24/7 so penalties can be issued for misdemeanours like moving

Will the signal be a one- off or continually ping phones UNTILL the OK button is pressed in the cases of phones that have the sim removed that day

Will the government retract 2G so those dumb phones no longer work and you will be forced to update them so you are tracked?

In my case a phone sitting on a cupboard for weeks or wandering round a field will be highly entertaining lol

There's been a lot of forward planning going on by shady parties .Talk of having only a digital currency and removal of bricks and mortar banks means to exist you need a phone capable to use banking apps and of course phones capable of being seen by those some that don't want to watch their every move whether where they go or what they buy with the certain knowledge the app could prevent them using digital payments until they comply with government wishes. Makes 1984 look pretty tame !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

To be fair, it's already theoretically possible to track everybody with a phone passively, using cell site data, without having to use GPS or any installed software.

Fortunately, however, phone companies are reluctant to make the data generally available, and even law enforcement have to provide them with case by case reasons for access.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

It's pretty vague though compared to GPS fine where there's enough masts to triangulate but I think the point of it is to ensure your phone is smart enough to be tracked 24/7 and the number of the phone

Who knows what pressing OK does ,does it sign you into terms and conditions where you allow your phone to be not only tracked but mined for any data it contains, who reads T&C's on anything today and that's when they are clearly shown .

Trust me the government are not doing it out of the kindness of their hears they will have an agenda this is the UK it's not known as having a problematic weather history as Mr Fish .Pointless having ww3 warned about it would cause panic and hinder the ruling elite getting to their bunkers , nope can't think of anything of use but to ID your phone

As for companies not giving info out I agree it gets in the way of selling to anyone with the dollars to buy it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's a LOT more accurate than you might imagine.

Your phone sends out signals dozens of times a second that are picked up by every cell tower in range, ostensibly, it is tracking moving users, so that it can calculate when to switch carriage of your signal from one cell to the next. In reality (because there might be 8 or 9 cells in range) there is enough timing and signal strength data to triangulate and track you with precision.

Geography and buildings do of course have effects on that timing and signal strength data, but a lot of those variables have been mapped out and built into models to improve the accuracy of the tracking.

I know people involved in digital forensics, and I've seen the kit that they tote around crime scenes to fine tune the data for court presentations - it's very impressive.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

You obviously don't live around here lol I can lose signal walking down the garden .

Yep, it's not nearly as accurate in more rural areas, where cell overlap isn't as high as in cities, but it still works, and in areas of low signal strength, your phone pings louder - which is why your battery runs down faster in places with poor reception.

Even if your phone is struggling to carry enough signal for a good quality voice call, it's still announcing its presence to the world.