Is it time to close the airports yet Dave?

Ken L

I am long of the opinion that the designation ‘left or right’ has no place in Politics, moving to the extreme of any group places the politics of the individual closer to the politics of his opposition’s extremism.

As for Locke, you quite rightly referenced the emancipation of Catholics, usually Irish that remove him from the pot of anything IMHO.

I also disagree on his theory that a child is born as a blank canvas as I have been a strong supporter in the theory of inherent memory, this theory of his also removes him from any consideration of greatness, as his type (devout, fanatical, radical or whatever) religion is thrust upon this blank canvas with his types approval and support. Nothing Liberal or free thinking about him unless he was without prejudice.

• Like 3

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the second wave is apon the continent, as we have open borders be prepared!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I think the chinks did it

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

HUGH,

I am forced to come back to John Locke.

Perhaps the most central concept in Locke’s political philosophy is his theory of natural law and natural rights. The natural law concept existed long before Locke as a way of expressing the idea that there were certain moral truths that applied to all people, regardless of the particular place where they lived or the agreements they had made.  I forget who, maybe Locke, espoused government has no place in society. Or was that Chesters1.

He well defended the claim that men are by nature free and equal.

He argued that people have rights, such as the right to life, liberty, and property, that have a foundation independent of the laws of any particular society.

He defined political power as “a Right of making Laws with Penalties of Death, and consequently all less Penalties” 

I agree that a child is NOT born as a blank canvas but for a FAR different reason than you. Language development begins in the womb, during the last 10 weeks of pregnancy, these skills can be demonstrated within the first few hours of life.  Anything the mother is exposed to in the environment affects the fetus especially noticeable are incest and fear. This the time refinements genetically modify the species.

I cannot believe social mankind can be free of prejudices and find much of his stuff trash, but there is no other explanation than to use “liberal and free thinking” Locke was , perhaps to the extreme.

NOT my favorite but I find no case for patented condemnation

Phone

We only have the rights those with more power let us have ,pretty basic across the animal kingdom from being born by our parents then entering the wide world of reality

In the case of humans fools actually give people the power to punish the very people who give them those powers.

In most cases you earn those rights and they shouldnt be given to those that have not. Money ,colour ,position or ethneticity should never be allowed to get more than others.

My outlook is if i dont give people power over me i dont have to do what they say ,where is my right of free will ? There is none people in power have removed any they dont want me to have what i do have is grudgingly given and easily removed

As for a blank sheet i am not so sure in some cases people can become gifted very early in life whilst others trying to do the exact same thing from the same age fail.

IE some musicians  are brilliant but despite the best effort of some they are capabable but 'wooden' you appear to be 'wired' differently .

I think everyone has the capability to excell in something but in most they dont live long enough or are given the oppertunity to find out what it is ,in some it appears at a young age

I am stupid i dont know who lock is the only one i know is dead and shot a couple of dogs up the road,i wont even google to appear knowledgeable, if i read anything i am giving him power over me to influence what i think ,i prefer to find out myself or remain nieve ,written opinion is opinion it can be found incorrect overnight so be wary of believing it

There is only one opinion i believe its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

I have never had enthusiasm ,i dont even let me influence myself ,i react to others or circumstances its easier i am lazy ,you could say others are influencing my actions in life i suppose its true but most are unavoidable i dont have the power or money (especially money) to change or make my own way in life.

IE i would be happy living on a farm in a remote area sticking two fingers up to the world living the life i want ,my mrs would not she likes visiting the grandkids and window shopping ,her wants overcome mine she has earned the right to do so. Unfortunately the government i didnt elect can remove that simple right of self determination ,they charge me whether i want to pay or not for something i may never use ,we have few rights other than to breath and not so long ago that only right could be removed ,we are slaves to those above us

Edited by chesters1

Not sure unless i could find a female one as company ,hermits tend to be solitary perhaps bathing is part of it?