Should we have left the EU?

John S

3 hours ago, big_cod said:

Phone I think your a little confused  we just had 10 years of Tory Austerity billions and billions took out of the economy growth slow Austerity failed on a massive scale wages lower now in real terms than they were before the financial crash in 2009  areas  have suffered very very  badly not the place your mentioning.

Now Dorset  swilling in cash the gateway from London I know you live in the states phone try comparing Hartlepool or Redcar to dorcet it’s like living in Beverly Hills you  to living in the bronx you can’t compare .

What I can tell you  in the last 10 of this Tory government more shops have closed since records began police , prison officers  , school budgets cut , council budgets cut public services cut so please don’t worry about labour phone the record of this government in the last 10 years is  Utterly chronic the record speaks for itself .

dear ohhh dear you are one sad jealous miserable reprobate aren't you.

Many affable charter skippers live in dorset,  i should know i have been supporting them for the last 30 years. 

what austerity, i haven't noticed.  At present the u k is at full employment and it is receiving record amounts of foreign investment exports are up and you still  reporting doom and gloom, your one sad sac, you really are. 

What will happen to the e u , if it cocks up and looses the u k's financial centre for day to day funding, hows the  e c b going to bail it out. 

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

3 hours ago, gozzer said:

Did you even look at the report Paul? I wasn't going to waste my time coming back on this thread, but I have relatives living in Wareham, and they are certainly not "swilling in cash", whatever that means, nor do they feel like they are living in an area comparable to Beverly Hills. Sure there are parts of Dorset that are occupied with what you might call "money people", Sandbeds etc, but there are also parts where those lucky enough to have a regular job, earn at, or just above, the minimum wage. In other words, it's similar to many other places, part are pretty affluent, some other parts struggle, and others 'get by'.  But as you are an avid reader of the Independent, I understand your attempts at putting 'spin' on a subject to show things the way you want to see them, after all, it's what you are used to. Your attempt to compare the demographics of two Northern cities to those of a whole Southern county falls down before you even start.

John

So your saying Dorset is on same financials playing field as Hartlepool or Redcar John There is areas in every  county that are aren’t as  lucrative as others but on average the cash in Dorset  far exceeds Redcar and Hartlepool by about  10 million miles .

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9748651.dorset-second-on-uks-housing-wealth-list-with-property-per-head-at-207k/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

2 hours ago, barry luxton said:

dear ohhh dear you are one sad jealous miserable reprobate aren't you.

Many affable charter skippers live in dorset,  i should know i have been supporting them for the last 30 years. 

what austerity, i haven't noticed.  At present the u k is at full employment and it is receiving record amounts of foreign investment exports are up and you still  reporting doom and gloom, your one sad sac, you really are. 

What will happen to the e u , if it cocks up and looses the u k's financial centre for day to day funding, hows the  e c b going to bail it out. 

You really are knockout  Barry you say you support charter boats then support  the one thing that will end up destroying there business scallop dredging no habitat no fish a man with wooden head can work that out .

We are inundated with southern anglers  complaining how bad the fishing is now on south coast , our fishing has dropped off substantially compared to 5 years ago  since dredging went mad off this coast thank god we have ground so rough  near shore  they can’t dredge  there and  you think they don’t do any damage well it’s not what we are hearing of the anglers coming north .

Have  you actually caught a cod this winter bas now be honest now no porkys  , you will never see cod fishing again in numbers in  the Channel till the practice that’s destroys there habitat is severed regulated brexit won’t bring it back that’s a fantasy island pie in the sky and bullshit baffles brains and there is plenty of it coming out of number 10 .

Boris ? Johnson 

And for Number 10, this sudden reference to an "Australian deal" seems to be an effort to rebrand what the government's written statement later said was a relationship "based simply on the Withdrawal Agreement deal agreed in October 2019, including the Protocol in Ireland/Northern Ireland".

In other words, if there isn't a comprehensive trade deal by the end of the year, the UK would move to a situation trading with the EU on World Trade Organisation terms. This would mean taxes on exports and customs checks which, if it came to pass, could be massively disruptive for businesses and very costly for the economy that’s brexit in reality terms .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

38 minutes ago, big_cod said:

You really are knockout  Barry you say you support charter boats then support  the one thing that will end up destroying there business scallop dredging no habitat no fish a man with wooden head can work that out .

We are inundated with southern anglers  complaining how bad the fishing is now on south coast , our fishing has dropped off substantially compared to 5 years ago  since dredging went mad off this coast thank god we have ground so rough  near shore  they can’t dredge  there and  you think they don’t do any damage well it’s not what we are hearing of the anglers coming north .

Have  you actually caught a cod this winter bas now be honest now no porkys  , you will never see cod fishing again in numbers in  the Channel till the practice that’s destroys there habitat is severed regulated brexit won’t bring it back that’s a fantasy island pie in the sky and bullshit baffles brains and there is plenty of it coming out of number 10 .

Boris ? Johnson 

And for Number 10, this sudden reference to an "Australian deal" seems to be an effort to rebrand what the government's written statement later said was a relationship "based simply on the Withdrawal Agreement deal agreed in October 2019, including the Protocol in Ireland/Northern Ireland".

In other words, if there isn't a comprehensive trade deal by the end of the year, the UK would move to a situation trading with the EU on World Trade Organisation terms. This would mean taxes on exports and customs checks which, if it came to pass, could be massively disruptive for businesses and very costly for the economy that’s brexit in reality terms .

You forgot to acknowledge Laura Kuenssberg and the bbc where you stole half of your post from ,you know the bit thats well written and not covered in bile

• Thanks 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

44 minutes ago, big_cod said:

So your saying Dorset is on same financials playing field as Hartlepool or Redcar John There is areas in every  county that are aren’t as  lucrative as others but on average the cash in Dorset  far exceeds Redcar and Hartlepool by about  10 million miles .

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9748651.dorset-second-on-uks-housing-wealth-list-with-property-per-head-at-207k/

Of course I'm not saying that they are "on the same financial playing field", whatever that means, Paul. They are two completely different places, and as such you can't make a genuine comparison. For a start, two of them are towns/cities, where as the other is a county.

When you have areas with housing priced like this..

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Sandbanks/4-bed-houses.html

it's bound to have an effect on house prices as a whole, how many areas in the North East have similar house prices?

You inferred that the whole place was awash with money, (spin), while I pointed out that it is like most other places in that there are those who struggle. The locals have the added problem that they are in the commuter belt for the London area, which raises prices. It doesn't help those who have to live on wages that aren't on a par with those of London. That's a problem that such as Hartlepool and Redcar don't have, yet. There the prices are governed much more by local factors, than they are by those of a metropolis miles away. Many of the Dorset occupants are retired, or have moved there after retirement, and have invested financially in the areas, which again puts those who live there and have 'ordinary' jobs at a financial disadvantage. 

It's not all milk and honey, as you tried to make out, there are those that struggle. Just have a look at the job scene and you will see that between the £30,000 and above wages, there are plenty of £9/£10 ph jobs, some even less. Does that fit in with your inference that it's "swilling" I assume you mean 'swimming in cash'? 

When my relatives came up to visit, they always used to stock up on some things that were half the price of down there.

If you are going to make a post, then tell it how it really is, not with some added slant that twists it to show only one side of the situation, the side that you want it to.

John. 

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

You forgot to acknowledge Laura Kuenssberg and the bbc where you stole half of your post from ,you know the bit thats well written and not covered in bile

Hang on a Minute so  you actually do  read read papers  and News online ? bloody hell I thought you didn’t read from News  outlets I knew it you have been kidding all along especially when confronted  when the truth hurts .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, gozzer said:

Of course I'm not saying that they are "on the same financial playing field", whatever that means, Paul. They are two completely different places, and as such you can't make a genuine comparison. For a start, two of them are towns/cities, where as the other is a county.

When you have areas with housing priced like this..

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Sandbanks/4-bed-houses.html

it's bound to have an effect on house prices as a whole, how many areas in the North East have similar house prices?

You inferred that the whole place was awash with money, (spin), while I pointed out that it is like most other places in that there are those who struggle. The locals have the added problem that they are in the commuter belt for the London area, which raises prices. It doesn't help those who have to live on wages that aren't on a par with those of London. That's a problem that such as Hartlepool and Redcar don't have, yet. There the prices are governed much more by local factors, than they are by those of a metropolis miles away. Many of the Dorset occupants are retired, or have moved there after retirement, and have invested financially in the areas, which again puts those who live there and have 'ordinary' jobs at a financial disadvantage. 

It's not all milk and honey, as you tried to make out, there are those that struggle. Just have a look at the job scene and you will see that between the £30,000 and above wages, there are plenty of £9/£10 ph jobs, some even less. Does that fit in with your inference that it's "swilling" I assume you mean 'swimming in cash'? 

When my relatives came up to visit, they always used to stock up on some things that were half the price of down there.

If you are going to make a post, then tell it how it really is, not with some added slant that twists it to show only one side of the situation, the side that you want it to.

John. 

Well John just think the party you have just voted for there status quo   is exploit the poor to give to the rich  and your worried about people on £10 an hour try £8 .70 an hour in most shops etc etc here in the north .

By saying somewhere is awash with cash doesn’t mean everybody has it is Las Vegas awash with cash very likely but will everybody have it .Now take  Norway they are  awash with cash they kept all there oil and our tory government which you recently voted for gave it all away to the multinationals that’s on top  of water, electricity, gas , etc etc etc and now all ripping  off those not so well off  people you are talking about struggling to make ends meet by voting Tory John be careful what you wish for .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

14 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Well John just think the party you have just voted for there status quo   is exploit the poor to give to the rich  and your worried about people on £10 an hour try £8 .70 an hour in most shops etc etc here in the north .

By saying somewhere is awash with cash doesn’t mean everybody has it apart from Norway they kept all there oil and our tory government which you recently voted for gave it all away to the multinationals that’s on top  of water, electricity, gas , etc etc all now ripping  off those not so well off  people you are talking about .

Doesn't all that swerving make you feel sickly Paul, you have to change the subject as soon as you haven't a reply. 

I can't seem to get it through to you, Lord knows I've tried, I voted the way I did, because I only had two viable choices. One to spoil my paper, or to vote for someone who had done well for my local community, I chose the latter. I've told you this several times Paul, but you don't seem to take it in.

Oh and by the way, why do you refuse to say how you voted in the GE, Paul. Come on don't be shy, tell us how you voted, and more importantly why you voted the way you did.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

16 minutes ago, gozzer said:

Doesn't all that swerving make you feel sickly Paul, you have to change the subject as soon as you haven't a reply. 

I can't seem to get it through to you, Lord knows I've tried, I voted the way I did, because I only had two viable choices. One to spoil my paper, or to vote for someone who had done well for my local community, I chose the latter. I've told you this several times Paul, but you don't seem to take it in.

Oh and by the way, why do you refuse to say how you voted in the GE, Paul. Come on don't be shy, tell us how you voted, and more importantly why you voted the way you did.

John.

No swerving what so ever house prices here in Whitby are high there is plenty of cash about here but it does usually trickle down to the bottom end,  builders  flat out  plumbers Electricians plasters you name all busy my brother employs around 30 lads flat out everybody busy if there was no cash here no jobs simple why they all want to  move here astounds me must be Dracula? 

As for voting John no I didn’t vote Tory I could never bring myself to do it for any reason especially when you look at the last 10 years schools raising money for books etc etc etc in Britain one of biggest economies in the world there record  is shocking not for me mate I couldn’t  sleep at night  and who I voted for well ? Like I said it wasn’t Tory John .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

All,

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201719/ldselect/ldseaside/320/320.pdf

I had a friend who could put on  an eleven` hundred pound suit and 500 pound  Italian slippers and in twenty minutes would look as though he had been just released from jail. In the United States there are towns like that. You couldn't pour enough money into the "CULTURE" to clean them up. And - they are proud to be from Jersey City, wouldn't leave for the world. I believe there are people that, believe it or not, find money WAY down the list of motivations for being where they are.

Phone