Should we have left the EU?

John S

6 hours ago, big_cod said:

.......................................and our tory government which you recently voted for gave it all away to the multinationals that’s on top  of water, electricity, gas , etc etc etc and now all ripping  off those not so well off  people you are talking about struggling to make ends meet by voting Tory John be careful what you wish for .

here's the up to date facts along with reality you choose to ignore with your miserable bubble of doom and gloom for all but your hated torys and the rich, note the cost of a barrel of oil at the moment, the scottish wasp chewer won't get fat on it.  adsa diesel 124.00 btw.

The annual inflation rate in the United Kingdom was at 1.7 percent in September 2019, unchanged from the previous month and slightly below market expectations of 1.8 percent. It remained the lowest inflation rate since December 2016, amid a slowdown in cost of transport, as fuel prices dropped the most since August 2016.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

7 hours ago, big_cod said:

Hang on a Minute so  you actually do  read read papers  and News online ? bloody hell I thought you didn’t read from News  outlets I knew it you have been kidding all along especially when confronted  when the truth hurts .

I didnt read it ,i realised the quality is far above your usual drivel and cut and pasted a part into google and hey presto ......

If you think living on 8.70 is hard up north try doing it down here!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

9 hours ago, big_cod said:

We are inundated with southern anglers  complaining how bad the fishing is now on south coast , our fishing has dropped off substantially compared to 5 years ago  since dredging went mad off this coast thank god we have ground so rough  near shore  they can’t dredge  there and  you think they don’t do any damage well it’s not what we are hearing of the anglers coming north .

Have  you actually caught a cod this winter bas now be honest now no porkys  , you will never see cod fishing again in numbers in  the Channel till the practice that’s destroys there habitat is severed regulated brexit won’t bring it back that’s a fantasy island pie in the sky and bullshit baffles brains and there is plenty of it coming out of number 10 .

well there's anglers then there's anglers aren't there. 

Why have you come to the conclusion that there is no cod in the channel due to the draggers, you do realise just how stupid that comment is, show us the facts to back up your assuming assumption. There are no  amounts of cod in the channel and yes i haven't caught one. There has been no cod in the channel of note for the last 4-5 years, summer or winter, fact. O K, you can quote me on that. One wet fish shop top end of the channel had fresh cod roe on it's counter, 3 weeks ago, that was what was left of 3, 27lb ders they caught in their nets. I do know where they came from and where they were headed before they were hauled up. It wasn't the draggers fault btw, work that one out. 

Last night i had a look at live a i s traffic, do you? there were at least a dozen french boats on the varne, fishing. There was a dutch fisheries vessel checking their boats between 6-12 mile off hastings yesterday and last night, do you want to know why? I won't bother telling you as it will be straight over your head.

the french have 84%  quota in the channel for cod, have done for many years, at present along with the bass the stocks are depleted. You work out why.  That's all the channel, western approaches and Biscay . the french government, e u,  are allowing the big boats to continue taking them offshore at Biscay at the moment, don't know why. 

As for the anglers, no cod to take and no bass, yes it's shiet, who's the management i have to ask, work that one out, your not that thick that you can't, or won't? If they were any good they would go along with the skippers on the south coast and target other species, unlike your little bubble, there is more than targeting codling. 

Work this out, plenty of bream has been for the last three years, they have a habitat the same as the cod. penny clicked yet? Plenty of habitat for the bass, yet they are depleted, why? Shall i tell you? Do you want to know why even? 

You don't care, never have, as long as your bubble isn't burst. 150% support, yer right. 

you don't care for the pensioners and poor people you  proclaim are being hammered by the government, you never have. See through you the same as  a glass window. 

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

3 hours ago, barry luxton said:

here's the up to date facts along with reality you choose to ignore with your miserable bubble of doom and gloom for all but your hated torys and the rich, note the cost of a barrel of oil at the moment, the scottish wasp chewer won't get fat on it.  adsa diesel 124.00 btw.

The annual inflation rate in the United Kingdom was at 1.7 percent in September 2019, unchanged from the previous month and slightly below market expectations of 1.8 percent. It remained the lowest inflation rate since December 2016, amid a slowdown in cost of transport, as fuel prices dropped the most since August 2016.

And wages are lower in real terms than they were 10 years ago the tories have failed the people of Britain they just have very good set of supporters In the media who are experts at  miss leading the British people it works every time because if you look at there past history in  the last 10 years they  have failed on practically every single target they set just how the hell could you vote Tory points out 10 -1 if your lucky .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

ALL,

Here is an interesting "cut and paste" - - 

Government pledges £71m to revamp site in ex-Labour seat Redcar

Former SSI steelworks base gets cash injection as Tories seek to cement election gains

The sprawling site, once home to the SSI steelworks that went into liquidation in 2015, has been granted the money to turn it into a business park with an aim to create up to 20,000 skilled jobs by 2040.

Redcar, a coastal town in north-east England, was one of more than two dozen “red wall” seats where Labour voters ditched lifelong political allegiances to back the Conservatives last month.

Phone

If the business rates are low enough anything will thrive.

Do we need it though by the way cod talks every EU based company won't trade with us so all their vast resources on English soil will be for the taking ,just UK mail and DHL ,DPD etc etc must have vast storage warehouses we can fill with businesses ,on top of that theres BMW and all the other EU companies to loot ,good times ahead eh cod?

Why give the money to self destroyed companies take other people stuff its cheaper

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

here's another one that bucks cod misery trend phone, these are the u k's over tens, these are the guys who have the bulk of the e u's quota allocations  to the u k, year on year, now read what they are saying. Cod will claim otherwise and blame bad press.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1238171/Nicola-sturgeon-news-uk-fishing-Scotland-fishing-Brexit-news

Edited by barry luxton

barry,

I've a question.  Taking the article in your last post I'm in a quandary.  The basis of BREXIT is that the UK is an independent entity lock stock and barrel.

Why isn't a "do nothing" approach within the 200 mile zone stand firm on who and who may not fish those waters. Then, at some point in the future entertain a proposal by the EU in behalf of their member countries. Meanwhile you will be doing the same.  After all, seems as though the UK is now in possession of the "prize". Surely, in 40 years you haven't forgotten how to show leadership

Phone

i'm a follower phone what influence do i have as a bottom of the pile angler. Now cod with his charter boat business could write emails day in day out to the fisheries minister, m p's defra, the mmo seeking to improve his lot and the lot of the charter boat industry with his 150% offer of support, will he?

I'm in favour of do nothing, even if the e u come back at a later stage and ask nicely if their boats can come in the u k will be in a stronger position to say, we have to look after our chaps and the fish stocks first and foremost, including the charter boat industry.

Same as in the channel isles, the london agreement is going, that will really 'p' the dutch and the french off, As soon as the c f p transition period is over those boats must fish out at 12 mile minimum and that will help the bass breeding stocks. The c f p are also doing a good job in clearing out the stocks, no cod in the channel and at some stage questions will be asked, is the c f p doing a job on the fish stocks or are they just incompetent. 

One of two arguments the remainiaks have used for the last 3 years plus, one about the small gdp commercial fishermen attracts, that's easy to counter. The next one is that the u k fishermen sold their quota, or some of it. Apart from the fact that the u k guys did sell quota, the e u issues u k interests 13%, so in a sense, that figure is of no consequence in any event re the bigger picture. However today, i have learned from commercial guys there was court cases following the issuing of quota in particular by the mmo where e u interests took some to the court of human rights at the time and insisted on a fair playing field. Subsequently larger e u pelagic boats got their feet under the table in u k waters. I'm researching that one. 

For cod, go look on the commercial fishing facebook page and you will also read it. Are they bullshining as you would claim the news papers are or is there meat on the bone. 

the e u is holding a vote next week to decide what deals they are going to allow the u k. one of the proposals is to disallow any bilateral trade deals, i kid you not

quote: A draft copy of the motion, seen by this publication, states that any future deal must “avoid a proliferation of bilateral agreements and the shortcomings which characterise the EU’s relationship with Switzerland”.

Edited by barry luxton

On 2/5/2020 at 11:17 AM, Phone said:

ALL,

Here is an interesting "cut and paste" - - 

Government pledges £71m to revamp site in ex-Labour seat Redcar

Former SSI steelworks base gets cash injection as Tories seek to cement election gains

The sprawling site, once home to the SSI steelworks that went into liquidation in 2015, has been granted the money to turn it into a business park with an aim to create up to 20,000 skilled jobs by 2040.

Redcar, a coastal town in north-east England, was one of more than two dozen “red wall” seats where Labour voters ditched lifelong political allegiances to back the Conservatives last month.

Phone

And the Tory government let 3000 jobs go at Redcar just a couple of years ago with the closure of Steele complex my first jobs when I left school was on the construction of that site the closer of that Steele making plant hitting that area like an atomic bomb the  so £71 million is peanuts to what happened when the Steele complex closed .

And the £71 million is to just reclaim the Site they let get mothballed and big developers will build  on it and make all cash the government gave flybi £100 million and gave the people of Redcar nothing when they most needed   it .

And SSI when They closed the plant made sure they blast furnace was well  and truly knackered they left all the iron Orr in the furnace so it was game over when it cooled .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg