Should we have left the EU?

John S

47 minutes ago, Ken L said:

So if he moves, he will leave lots of room for a similar crab business to take the place of the one that he walks away from in the UK and everybody wins - but of course, we both know that he's full of it and isn't going anywhere...

As for the "75% of all fish and shellfish caught by U.K. fishermen all sold to the EU", do you think they are going to stop buying it?

They haven't got anywhere else to buy from and even if the Europeans change their diet, the market for fish is global - which is why your local supermarket is full of catfish and prawns from Asia.

I hope you don’t eat those fresh water prawns out of the supermarkets wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole have you seen how they are kept .Catfish  from Asia god help us haven’t seen that what I have seen is that we import 80% of the fish we eat in the U.K. 

We can’t have it both  ways fishing is worth £780 million  to our economy financial services £132 billion now who wins  a trade off is  inevitable fishing  being one of them fishing was used as a brexit tool to win the argument  it’s a tiny part of our economy and that’s how it will stay it’s history .

Boris Johnson makes so many promises so many will be broken the bridege over the Irish Sea crackpot idea he couldn’t even build one over the Thames and now just today the   U.K. satellite system is unrealistic and to expensive the mans a clown and we are now no longer part of Galileo .

Brexit reality is now unfolding .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I don't know why you don't just give up on this nonsense.

You have lost two European elections, two general elections and a referendum on remaining in the EU.

We are out, we are never re-joining, and your beloved Labour party has so far haemorrhaged more than 150,000 members. Nobody is buying what you're selling.

Britain will regain full control of her waters and the EU will bend the knee on trade without us having to bargain to get a deal.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

19 hours ago, Ken L said:

I don't know why you don't just give up on this nonsense.

You have lost two European elections, two general elections and a referendum on remaining in the EU.

We are out, we are never re-joining, and your beloved Labour party has so far haemorrhaged more than 150,000 members. Nobody is buying what you're selling.

Britain will regain full control of her waters and the EU will bend the knee on trade without us having to bargain to get a deal.

Nonsense you say ? really read the reality not the bullshit this is exactly as i. have been saying coastal communities  could very well  lose with brexit the bullshit peddled by the Brexiteers to the under 10 fleet will very soon be history reality is dawning so get ready for the backlash boats tied  up it’s coming and boris Johnson is just the man to impose it from glory to public enemy number one.

They made a big thing about fishing well fishing could well be there Achilles heel with brexit as I always said it’s complex we have just 1 prawn trawler who has a small whitefish by catch  left here at Whitby the rest of the fleet are all on shellfish crabs lobsters there livelihoods could disappear overnight and that won’t just  happen here it will be right round the U.K. 

But let us consider those within coastal communities who stand to lose most, many with the real prospect of losing their markets and livelihoods

“These inshore fishermen are facing a crisis never witnessed before. And the merchants that they supply are in utter despair at the difficulties that lie ahead.”

Better with brexit no bankruptcy could loom  with brexit banks wait for nobody .

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/scotland/1893267/scottish-fishing-chief-warns-of-looming-crisis-for-inshore-fleet/

Will shitty Patel last the day .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

COD,

Boris Johnson’s government  reclaimed control over British fisheries with a law allowing the U.K. to decide who can fish in its waters and on what terms.Do you suppose this could be one reason these small fishing towns abandon laboUr?]

Everything I read seems to have brightened the outlook for these fishermen

Phone 

On 2/23/2020 at 10:17 AM, Ken L said:

0708719d6fe2fb9063e66f3b24f5087c.jpg

With a bit of luck it will be the regions that voted to leave that will be needing the Anusol once the gift that keeps on giving bites.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

5 hours ago, Phone said:

COD,

Boris Johnson’s government  reclaimed control over British fisheries with a law allowing the U.K. to decide who can fish in its waters and on what terms.Do you suppose this could be one reason these small fishing towns abandon laboUr?]

Everything I read seems to have brightened the outlook for these fishermen

Phone 

I'll bet you still beleive in Santa too?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

4 hours ago, Phone said:

Cory,

I'm a reasonably competent reader.  Give me a "bad news" story dated in Feb 2020

Phone

Try to find something somewhat middle of the road.  I hate relying on those political leaning sites. 

You just do not get it phone , brexit was fed to the people that everything was easy we hold all the cards well phone it is not that easy as we are now finding out .

We are supposed to better off with brexit not  worse off do you know the history of fishing around these islands I have seen it all from cod to where you walk on them to where we are now and believe me  it’s not all the fault of EU that’s the lies the British peole are being told time and time again and it’s not true. .

As for the biggish part of the U.K. fishing industry  is shellfish not whitefish there jobs could well be in peril as we will very soon find out you know the saying bullshit  baffles  brains and  brexit has done exactly that  to the shellfish fishermen in the U.K. Who exactly  in there right minds would jeopardise there livelihoods there boats there homes  putting two fingers up to people who buy literally all there produce only somebody who has been fed lie after  lie after lie that’s who and they could soon pay a very heavy price for that deceit.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Same old the people were lied to nonsense round and round and round ,got anything new to say?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

5 hours ago, corydoras said:

With a bit of luck it will be the regions that voted to leave that will be needing the Anusol once the gift that keeps on giving bites.

They will be the biggest beneficiaries.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.