Should we have left the EU?

John S

COD

Britain's booming gig economy has more than doubled in size over the past three years and now accounts for 4.7 million workers, according to a report laying bare the increasingly precarious nature of employment. ... Huge numbers are being forced to take on casual and insecure platform work – often on top of other jobs. HARDLY A BREXIT OR A COVID-19 PROBLEM. If they are paid by the gig they are Labours problem when mistreated, all 5 million of them

Fri 24 Jan 2020

In the wake of Labour’s crushing election defeat, In the postmortem that followed the loss of seats across the so-called “red wall” of de-industrialised areas in the north of England and the Midlands that had voted Labour for generations the Labour party has lost touch with its “traditional base” of white working-class voters by pandering to the metropolitan elite.

(BAME) voters living in seats that are every bit as much a part of Labour’s “heartland” as the red wall – has been forgotten. Why you bitching out the TORYS?

The Labour situation is much more grim

PHONE

14 hours ago, Phone said:

COD

Britain's booming gig economy has more than doubled in size over the past three years and now accounts for 4.7 million workers, according to a report laying bare the increasingly precarious nature of employment. ... Huge numbers are being forced to take on casual and insecure platform work – often on top of other jobs. HARDLY A BREXIT OR A COVID-19 PROBLEM. If they are paid by the gig they are Labours problem when mistreated, all 5 million of them

Fri 24 Jan 2020

In the wake of Labour’s crushing election defeat, In the postmortem that followed the loss of seats across the so-called “red wall” of de-industrialised areas in the north of England and the Midlands that had voted Labour for generations the Labour party has lost touch with its “traditional base” of white working-class voters by pandering to the metropolitan elite.

(BAME) voters living in seats that are every bit as much a part of Labour’s “heartland” as the red wall – has been forgotten. Why you bitching out the TORYS?

The Labour situation is much more grim

PHONE

Hardly  a coronavirus problem have you been smoking something phone ? Stay off the bourbon ?

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Cod,

HARDLY A BREXIT OR A COVID-19 PROBLEM. If they are paid by the gig they are Labours problem when mistreated, all 5 million of them. Are you in denial labour politics isn't responsible for gig jobs?

The real reason I'm online this morning - - - - - - - - PAID $0.2475 for a liter of petrol this morning ($.97 per US gallon) lowest since 1982

Dont bother he only sees what he wants to ,logic and reality wont get through

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

9 hours ago, Phone said:

Cod,

HARDLY A BREXIT OR A COVID-19 PROBLEM. If they are paid by the gig they are Labours problem when mistreated, all 5 million of them. Are you in denial labour politics isn't responsible for gig jobs?

The real reason I'm online this morning - - - - - - - - PAID $0.2475 for a liter of petrol this morning ($.97 per US gallon) lowest since 1982

???? Phone do you know who created   Zero hour contracts and you do know who encouraged self employment  I will give you a clue it wasn’t labour.

As for the gig economy it really got going  after the 2008-9 financial crash as workers had to take extra jobs to make ends meet .

How you come to conclusion that the 5 million self employed are  labours fault is well utterly ridiculous 

And what has the price of fuel in the states got to do with here. You have a very strong currency you pay less tax on fuel  you are self sufficient in  oil , and the price of oil is fluctuating so if your now paying 1982 prices now what does that now say about U.K. prices !!!

Now in 1982 the price of fuel  here was 10 bob and a conker around 36 p a litre for diesel .i paid £1.22 a litre yesterday 

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Looks like the mighty EU is faultering ,they all got together for 6 or so hours in the web (strange they wont discus brexit doing it) discussing the crisis ,never achieved anything and they all but told their members to sort it themselves (strange wheres this EU cohesion first gone?) .They will be back in 14 days to speak to any leaders still alive ,best not rush things its just a pandemic

The italians are out burning strangely extremly flammable EU flags (so much for the material fire proofing directives) ,the spanish are being grumpy as the donkeys have all ran off so they cant throw them off towers to vent their frustrations .the french are bemused so much so they forgot to block the channel ports and germany is getting miffed others are not doing as they tell them .

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson