Should we have left the EU?

John S

54 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Its cods selective blinkers and not actually reading the artical in whole ,if he stole the quote below from the BBC just below it says

"The UK is currently in a transition period after leaving the EU at the end of January - meaning it still abides by a number of the bloc’s rules. "

Brexit is done ,its no more ,its over! its just down to sorting out the post brexit negotiations regarding trade etc

What part of "after leaving the EU at the end of January" dont you understand ?

Poor poor cod bless him just because a voice in his head tells him brexit didnt happen it must be true ,poor poor cod

Will there be an EU left to negotiate with by the end of the year?

He hasnt ever clocked hes posting in a thread telling him we have left!

Got ya  ?? in ya come Chester’s !!! being googling  BBC !!! Naughty naughty and this is from the man who takes no notice of anybody else doesn’t believe anybody else ? 

Now the EU says we are dreaming  it’s fantasy if a deal could be finalised by Christmas  might be next Christmas probably many factors associated with this , probably no more than this pandemic not  my words Chester’s from the horses mouth .

They said it would be a minimum of 5 to 7 years to finalise everything minimum.

And the farmers have been dragged out by people Being laid  off because of  this horrid virus , vegetables about to rot in fields with no foreign labour to pick it .But as the farmer said we have been  saved this year but next we have a series problem any volunteers !!!! please put your name forward down below .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

8 minutes ago, snakey1 said:

Well unless both us and the EU agree to extend the transition period by the July 1st we're out agreement or not in which case WTO rules kick in 

Wasn’t that in the brexpress won’t happen .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

Wasn’t that in the brexpress won’t happen .

No that's what is in withdrawal agreement act ratified by parliament on Jan 29th this year and the EU on the 30th of Jan

A no deal brexit is still the default position should no trade agreement be reached by Dec 31 2020 and no extension is agreed (which has to be done by July 1st).

Edited by snakey1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, big_cod said:

Got ya  ?? in ya come Chester’s !!! being googling  BBC !!! Naughty naughty and this is from the man who takes no notice of anybody else doesn’t believe anybody else ? 

Now the EU says we are dreaming  it’s fantasy if a deal could be finalised by Christmas  might be next Christmas probably many factors associated with this , probably no more than this pandemic not  my words Chester’s from the horses mouth .

They said it would be a minimum of 5 to 7 years to finalise everything minimum.

And the farmers have been dragged out by people Being laid  off because of  this horrid virus , vegetables about to rot in fields with no foreign labour to pick it .But as the farmer said we have been  saved this year but next we have a series problem any volunteers !!!! please put your name forward down below .

I was wondering where you got your quote from and it was probably the BBC (enlighten us please) and stated what was below your quote which i then quoted ,whether any part of it is true is immaterial in that situation.

As to brexit itself its in law there is nothing to believe other than it is

Please tell me what vegatables are rotting in the ground and why do you think theres no foreigners to pick it? Until brexit is finalised at the end of the year foreigners coming are unefected and those already here ensured they wont be kicked out

Any more falsehoods you would like to enlighten us on?

Farmers are using their usual excuses to give the impression shelves will be empty ,its usualy frost or flood but now coronavirus can be used to inflate prices

The british farmers etc only supply 50% of what we eat ,i am sure johny foreigner can put uk farmers out of business if we dont buy inflated priced uk goods and if they are deliberately ripping us off they deserve to go out of business

Saw a bunch of growers whining no-one is buying flowers why dont they stop whining and grow veg in their massive greenhouses we cant eat roses but you can eat veg and under glass you get several crops a year !

Strange they dont have a problem picking flowers but strangely not veg,i am sure the thickest person could be trained its not difficult to pull a carrot or cut a lettuce

Coronavirus (and especially brexit) should be a incentive to grow more food not the opposite ,i can see just over the road 80 acres with waist high grass that was cultivated in the 70's its probly raking in 'grants' not to grow anything so EU growers can supply us

It used to grow potatoes 3 people max nowadays probably more back then hence either it couldnt compete employing more pickers or the grants paid the same or more than what the profit was ,rather than rewarding unproductive fields the owners should be fined ! Even a few head of cattle which need little maintenance but highly profitable will do or around here people are crying out for fields for horses involving little more than maintaining a fence or two!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

7 hours ago, snakey1 said:

No that's what is in withdrawal agreement act ratified by parliament on Jan 29th this year and the EU on the 30th of Jan

A no deal brexit is still the default position should no trade agreement be reached by Dec 31 2020 and no extension is agreed (which has to be done by July 1st).

Won’t happen .

Untitled-1.jpg

Those clutching at straws again ,what wont happen?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

6 hours ago, Phone said:

Snakey,

did you say anything?

Your method has been tried and tried. I think it must be the big words

Phone

Alas the ability to read and comprehend what others have written is not a strong point for some. I do try not to bother nowadays as really theres just no getting past those massive blinders but sometimes I can't resist the temptation to try.

must be useful at times to be able to blissfully ignore what is going on in the surrounding world and live in ones own little fairy story. 

• Like 4

Rumours  have it meetings behind closed doors to try and abandon brexit for the foreseeable future .Due  to Britain having to stand the cost of brexit on top the coronavirus costs dare I say what are we all gonna do ?.Kleenex at the ready ?

But the real reason we are going to need loads of foreign labour after this pandemic over .

Just been looks at some cracking old photos from the 60s Whitby full of Dutch herring boats from one side of the harbour to other packed full of them . When I was a kid  we would get a few herring as they dropped out of the baskets as they were landing them onto wagons  then we set up a little stall  and sold  them to the tourists .But wasn’t all this all before we joined the EU never !!!   Loads of foreign boats  and this used to happen along the east coasts and of course we fished there waters and landed our fish there as well .

As we do now we export 80% of the fish the British boats catch mainly over  to the EU .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg