Should we have left the EU?

John S

I very rarely read any newspapers Paul, well apart from some sporting articles. They are all biased and have a political agenda on way or t'other. 

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

2 minutes ago, *Ant* said:

I very rarely read any newspapers Paul, well apart from some sporting articles. They are all biased and have a political agenda on way or t'other. 

Very true anth but if you do read the same paper every day that’s it your  won over .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

It's all well and good to trade abroad and do business with allies and competitors alike but we should retain capacity ourselves for strategic purposes and the free market should be tempered by ethical concerns. It's not okay to have electronics made in Chinese forced labour camps and it's not okay to have trainers and footballs stitched by Indonesian children - or for that matter, salad grown by slaves in Spanish greenhouses.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

8 minutes ago, Ken L said:

It's all well and good to trade abroad and do business with allies and competitors alike but we should retain capacity ourselves for strategic purposes and the free market should be tempered by ethical concerns. It's not okay to have electronics made in Chinese forced labour camps and it's not okay to have trainers and footballs stitched by Indonesian children - or for that matter, salad grown by slaves in Spanish greenhouses.

And brexit changing  any of that Ken it won’t happen we shut our textile factory’s to get garments made abroad then there is washing machines etc ,masses of electrical goods all   made abroad in India China etc  its business driving it using cheap labour abroad capitalism nothing will change.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

And brexit changing  any of that Ken it won’t happen we shut our textile factory’s to get garments made abroad then there is washing machines etc ,masses of electrical goods all   made abroad in India China etc  its business driving it using cheap labour abroad capitalism nothing will change.

Brexit is part of regaining control.

The current pandemic is waking the world up to the need for control of strategic supplies.

One only has to look to the 3M masks debacle, where an American company manufacturing masks in China for the American market had a ship load of those masks confiscated by the Chinese government who literally turned the ship around. Look at the PPE that was stopped from being shipped to EU countries by other EU countries who looked to their own interests and confiscated it for their own use.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

2 hours ago, Ken L said:

Brexit is part of regaining control.

The current pandemic is waking the world up to the need for control of strategic supplies.

One only has to look to the 3M masks debacle, where an American company manufacturing masks in China for the American market had a ship load of those masks confiscated by the Chinese government who literally turned the ship around. Look at the PPE that was stopped from being shipped to EU countries by other EU countries who looked to their own interests and confiscated it for their own use.

Let’s look at this way who can Offord to buy goods made here that are made abroad  then suddenly made here its Laughable , so many living here living week to week mortgages rents council tax you name it .I will tell you  what this pandemic has highlighted people aren’t that  well off after all they might have frozen there mortgages etc but wait till the hands go out after this is over it’s frightening people will need those cheap products from abroad more than ever .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I have no problem with foreigners starving to feed me or living in rags to clothe me ,thats what they are for ! One day we will be the poor of the earth to exploit as we did in our industrial revolution

A cent a day is better than nothing at all!

People should learn looking at history ,the manufacturers of the wolds goods price themselves out of the market (as china is realising now) and the biggest fact is dont put all your eggs in one basket! Which gets ignored all the time

Trump by trying to make america become the industrious beast it used to be will be a two edged sword yes they will make more goods again but it will be the crap badly made expensive crap it was before it went overseas ,the population will pay more for crap !its simple the reason it went overseas because they couldnt compete if the american worker expects high wages and good safe working conditions they still wont be able to compete !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

I have no problem with foreigners starving to feed me or living in rags to clothe me ,thats what they are for ! One day we will be the poor of the earth to exploit as we did in our industrial revolution

A cent a day is better than nothing at all!

People should learn looking at history ,the manufacturers of the wolds goods price themselves out of the market (as china is realising now) and the biggest fact is dont put all your eggs in one basket! Which gets ignored all the time

Trump by trying to make america become the industrious beast it used to be will be a two edged sword yes they will make more goods again but it will be the crap badly made expensive crap it was before it went overseas ,the population will pay more for crap !its simple the reason it went overseas because they couldnt compete if the american worker expects high wages and good safe working conditions they still wont be able to compete !

Who said anything about workers?

If companies are going to be incentivised to bring manufacturing back to the UK or the US, they are going to automate on an unprecedented scale.

They did say in the 1950's we would have more spare time in the future ,it wasnt just idle chatter being unemployed = more spare time!

Start really worrying when the robots design ,build and repair robots!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson