Should we have left the EU?

John S

12 hours ago, Ken L said:

It is now.

Interesting Ken  is Nissan are doing a very big cost cutting  exercise , £2.3 billion  the Barcelona plant is closing nothing to say any other plant could close ,corvid 19 has turned the world upside down in economics .

As for fishermen with brexit the Jury  is still out .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

26 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Interesting Ken  is Nissan are doing a very big cost cutting  exercise , £2.3 billion  the Barcelona plant is closing nothing to say any other plant could close ,corvid 19 has turned the world upside down in economics .

Trouble is if nissan closed here you would immediatly blame brexit ,france is bribing state aid to some industry (didnt catch who it was ) if they close down offshore factories? You will blame brexit if it were a uk sub division without doubt ,brexit is like corona a great scapegoat to do things

Regarding fishermen if they dont get what they thought they would get with brexit if they voted for it and never get it tough! if they voted against it and get what they dont want tough! Lifes like that compared to victorian times any ending is good!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

9 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Trouble is if nissan closed here you would immediatly blame brexit ,france is bribing state aid to some industry (didnt catch who it was ) if they close down offshore factories? You will blame brexit if it were a uk sub division without doubt ,brexit is like corona a great scapegoat to do things

Regarding fishermen if they dont get what they thought they would get with brexit if they voted for it and never get it tough! if they voted against it and get what they dont want tough! Lifes like that compared to victorian times any ending is good!

What do you think our Dominic mr brexit I don’t think he will like people watching this video what do you think ?

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=452030672091848&_rdr

Untitled-1.jpg

10 hours ago, big_cod said:

It's all predictable.

The EU's war on the internal combustion engine has resulted in global restructuring, with some production pulled back to Japan.

The Japanese government has "suggested" that the nation's manufacturers reduce their reliance on China after the nonsense that that country has been pulling.

The French stake in the company (and Macron's €8bn rescue plan for car industry*) will have secured the French plant.

Sunderland is a nice little earner and secures access to the lucrative UK and non-EU European markets, so that's safe.

The question is where gets cut and where does the non-Chinese battery and electric motor business go?

* Interestingly, Macron's actions are probably illegal because any measure that demonstrates any of the characteristics in Article 107 of Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (in that if it distorts competition or the free market) is classed by the European Union as being illegal state aid?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

All,

The explanation - all auto sales are down 47% world wide. couldn't find a number for commercial vehicles.

Everyone in the industry has their chit up in their neck

"LOOK for a consumer move 4th quarter next year

Phone

(how many new charter craft do you suspect will be sold Cod?) - not being a smart arce - just wondering

Bottom line is I don't want to do it (Engineering)  anymore.

I'm 63+ & the company Director has buggered off with our wages then gone into Liquidation.

I haven't been paid since 24th Jan' & paying bills from our savings!!

Entrepreneurs - I've Sh*t em'!! 

Edited by Martin56
  • Sad 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

7 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Bottom line is I don't want to do it (Engineering)  anymore.

I'm 63+ & the company Director has buggered off with our wages then gone into Liquidation.

I haven't been paid since 24th Jan' & paying bills from our savings!!

Entrepreneurs - I've Sh*t em'!! 

That crap Martin a mate of mine has small Electrical company just 3 of them he got done for £20,000 not long ago by a very unscrupulous property developer, Went bust then changed the business name job done he weren’t   happy I can tell you .

My mates 2 horses are running monday and Tuesday I will drop you a pm if they are having a go .

Edited by big_cod
  • Thanks 1

Untitled-1.jpg

Nissan CEO  has just announced if it’s a no deal brexit and tariffs  are  Imposed the U.K.  plant at Sunderland would  not be sustainable and will close,  which would be a massive blow to Sunderland and a massive blow to the U.K. and to those who said we hold all the cards .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8382919/Nissan-warns-Sunderland-plant-7-000-staff-unsustainable-Brexit-talks-collapse.html

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Hope the EU dont impose tarriffs then because we will do the same !we can buy nissans ourselves tarriff free ,if ofcourse they sold UK nissans in the UK

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson