Should we have left the EU?

John S

HUGE,

May be an inside joke for you. COD wrote, "Jeff tailor says who is starch Brexiteer". In turn ANT, MOOCHING IN ON MY ROLE AS AN GRAMMAR NAZI SLOUGHED OFF A CONDEMNING COMMENT

TO which you see my reply - - - thus in my normal kind and generous manner covertly suggested the word STAUNCH instead of using POTATO for COD 

Phone

1 hour ago, Phone said:

HUGE,

May be an inside joke for you. COD wrote, "Jeff tailor says who is starch Brexiteer". In turn ANT, MOOCHING IN ON MY ROLE AS AN GRAMMAR NAZI SLOUGHED OFF A CONDEMNING COMMENT

TO which you see my reply - - - thus in my normal kind and generous manner covertly suggested the word STAUNCH instead of using POTATO for COD 

Phone

Things around here are going downhill rapidly, and I don’t mean I have stopped blocking a certain contributor.

I would never suggest you to be a member, accredited or otherwise of the Grammar Police, One would suggest that if that is an irrebuttable presumption you would not have made an error in your post you referenced.

The mistake in your reply quoted would also bar you, in my opinion, from entry into said enforcement body.

And yes I did see the amusingly apt reply and was myself entering the realms of amusement and entertainment for others by suggesting that only things posted on YouTube appear to be acceptable ‘evidence’ and was suggesting that your statement should have a link attached for it to be acceptable.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Huge,

ha !

PUNCTUATION is a measly and insignificant detail that we can safely ignore. Should a word not comply with the antiquated British version I'm sorry you are behind. You will find I use the updated and modern version. It is the set of varieties of the ENGLISH language native to the UNITED STATES and accepted by the UN, EU, and the world.

I do  NOT like the previous term. Henceforth  I  PREFER my official title (drum roll please)   SUPREME GROUCH GRAMMANDO  (SGG)

PHONE

Edited by Phone

Yep, absolutely, you are correct, as are your fellow Countrymen (persons) in all things.

Things like July 4th is ‘Independence Day’ or perhaps even Paul Revere’s famous ride all the way to Concord.

I am prepared to accept your pronunciation of ALLLLUUUUMINNUUUM, but it stops there.

?

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Punctuationfull stops  lack of gaps between words no capitals ,  double gaps and bad spelling ,now thats enough about me

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 7/28/2020 at 2:42 AM, *Ant* said:

So is he a potato Brexiteer, or some other carbohydrate?

Starch  silly me :doh: that predictive tx on those silly iPhones,  they have  a mind of there own should always check the vocabulary before pressing the button .

But maybe instead of starch it should have read  dumb   instead  now that sounds  much  better .

On a more serious Issue looking at the facts .£840,000 of tax payers money fraudulently spent on brexit research by this government , which is just the  tip of iceberg  on how they are dissing out tax payers cash to there friends .PPE that never was an APP that doesn’t work we are talking millions and millions of tax payers money given to pals of the government and for what nothing !!!

When you can award millions of pounds of tax payers money to a company that had no ships ? regarding the great brexit project anything is possible by this Buffon of a government.

When you look at what this government is doing with our cash and how it’s being dished out it’s frightening  , the more you look at it the more it smells .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

HUGE,

We have quite rightly earned the title Ugly American

Chesters1,

I've been cutting you some slack. It is clear in your posts - time is beginning to catch up "old chap". (that about covers my Old English vocabulary) 

I do admire your effort however 

PHONE

U.K. company’s on panic mode with brexit petrified of what a no deal brexit will bring , but they are told don’t worry a brexit trade deal is the easiest thing in the world .What a  complete  load of rubbish that has turned Out to be .

But this is brexit all over full of lies and deceit.

Most companies now lack the time and resources to prepare for a no-deal EU exit, according to the CBI, with one in five saying they were less prepared for Brexit than in January due to coronavirus disruption.

In a survey by the employers’ group, three-quarters of companies said they were concerned about a further economic shock from a failure to agree a trade deal with the EU — the UK’s biggest trading partner.

More than half of companies reported no change in their level of preparedness for Brexit, less than six months before the UK’s transition period with the EU comes to an end following Britain’s exit from the bloc. But 21 per cent said preparations had gone backwards since the start of the year and are preparing for the worst .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

5 hours ago, big_cod said:

U.K. company’s on panic mode with brexit petrified of what a no deal brexit will bring , but they are told don’t worry a brexit trade deal is the easiest thing in the world .What a  complete  load of rubbish that has turned Out to be .

But this is brexit all over full of lies and deceit.

Most companies now lack the time and resources to prepare for a no-deal EU exit, according to the CBI, with one in five saying they were less prepared for Brexit than in January due to coronavirus disruption.

In a survey by the employers’ group, three-quarters of companies said they were concerned about a further economic shock from a failure to agree a trade deal with the EU — the UK’s biggest trading partner.

More than half of companies reported no change in their level of preparedness for Brexit, less than six months before the UK’s transition period with the EU comes to an end following Britain’s exit from the bloc. But 21 per cent said preparations had gone backwards since the start of the year and are preparing for the worst .

As only between 5 and 8 percent of UK companies trade with the EU, "Most companies" couldn't give a fig...

Who do you think you are kidding?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.