Should we have left the EU?

John S

9 hours ago, Ken L said:

As only between 5 and 8 percent of UK companies trade with the EU, "Most companies" couldn't give a fig...

Who do you think you are kidding?

Is that right Ken at the present 44% of ALL our trade over seas is done with the European Union it’s was 43% in 2016 at the time of referendum it had seen a slight increase . So the 5 to 8% of companies  must do a hell of a lot of trading with the EU . Creating 10s of 1000s of jobs. 

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Never mind ,just think how much it will effect the countries selling to us .Makes it all worth while

PS the rediculous statement :

"More than half of companies reported no change in their level of preparedness for Brexit, less than six months before the UK’s transition period with the EU comes to an end following Britain’s exit from the bloc. But 21 per cent said preparations had gone backwards since the start of the year and are preparing for the worst . "

Is meaningless ,'no change in their level' could well mean they are prepared and not needing to do anything more

And if 21% are preparing for the worst they obviously  are preparing ! So most uk companies are prepared or almost prepared! Which is the opposite of the scare tactic being employed

Dover harbour have been prepared for over a year ,companies have had years to sort themselves out if they still are not they deserve to fail

We have left ,get used to it !time to put those toys back in the pram because its pointless throwing them .What will you whine about in the new year ,you must be lovely to live with !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

12 hours ago, Ken L said:

As only between 5 and 8 percent of UK companies trade with the EU, "Most companies" couldn't give a fig...

Who do you think you are kidding?

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/brexit-corona-comms

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Hmmm labour ,labour ,labour ,liberal and ex member of EU ,do i have to waste more time researching?

Now back to your statement companies are not prepared !which companies?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, Phone said:

Chesters1,

just a fyi - this site and recommendation of others has sort of become my "bring me along" updater.  I KNOW you don't google your politics, perhaps a wise choice, but this is my one stop.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/06/11/brexit-draft-deal-first-of-many-hurdles-to-a-smooth-exit 

PHONE

“Euronews is jointly owned by several European and North African state broadcasting organizations, and since 2015 majority-owned (53%) by Media Globe Networks led by Egyptian billionaire Naguib Sawiris who is chairman of the supervisory board. NBC Universal also holds a 25% stake. Revenue is derived from advertising and subscription fees. Euronews also receives 24.5 million dollars in subsidies from the European Union.”

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Theres also the intrigue how much bias a program can show on an english speaking program shown in the uk ,aljazeera is heavily controlled on content ,the iran one press tv totaly banned from Astra

I watch Euronews  as i do France tv and RT on astra a great deal on there despite some being about britain is not shown on the bbc (i highlighted some earler) DW was interesting but my satellite motor died and its not really worth renewing as my dish went from 2mtr to 80cm the biggest i can use at the moment .

Rather than sit slack jawed looking at the british bias its nice to look at it from the other side ,if you base your" facts" on only one source your not going to know how factual these facts are.

Some on here believe anything if its a headline i prefer to look behind it

My first interview at 15 was for associated press ,pulling bits of paper off a machine and taking it to a desk wasnt as interesting as the advert implied!

PS not sure how Euronews gets away with its intro its near identical to the bbcs!

Edited by chesters1

13 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Hmmm labour ,labour ,labour ,liberal and ex member of EU ,do i have to waste more time researching?

Now back to your statement companies are not prepared !which companies?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-campaign-idUKKCN24D0S1

On January 1st 2021 we will have No trade agreements in place with top ten leading economies on earth  ? that’s brexshit for ya and no it’s not scaremongering it’s fact.

As for trade agreements etc let’s look at the facts with brexit which has even made it harder not better to trade with ourselves .Brexit will be under intense scrutiny from January 2021 there will be nowhere to hide Boris Johnson I suppose you could always go in exile back to your home of birth which was not here in Britain.

The best thing to come out of brexit will be great big brand new lorry parks what an amazing achievement brexit will have given us all .All that free flow of goods imported and exported will suddenly be halted resulting that it will cost more to move goods around and yes who will pay for it poor old job blogs who was told brexit will be our savour when in reality it will be the exact opposite.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

All,

by all means I AM NOT endorsing this site.  It does look somewhat as I am - -my bad. I believe the squeue of the publication should be obvious to  the clear minded

Phone

Edited by Phone

Huge,

IN THE GRAND SCHISM SCHEME  over all picture how do you review the content from a 12/30/2020 view.

I have no idea where I was headed with the 4th and 5th words in this post. (??) 

Phone