Should we have left the EU?

John S

On 9/5/2020 at 4:52 PM, big_cod said:

The country is rotten to core top to bottom  you couldn’t have put it better you mean its leaders are rotten to the core they are in charge and make all the decisions on your behalf . So they kidded  the electorate at the last election and told a pack of lies then no other way to describe it according to your  own assumptions.

Boris the terrible ? and the fishing sellout is just round the corner but we have our very own super trawlers catching 1000s of tons of fish a day 

https://www.spsg.co.uk/boats/

Then leave.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:49 AM, Ken L said:

Then leave.

Great Britain is now SO Great that thousands of people who hate it to the core refuse to leave and bugger off to somewhere better.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Can't be that bad if millions have come here to live since 2000 lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, Phone said:

ALL,

A curious question.

ON 9 SEPT I read on 1 JAN 2021 it is possible and maybe even likely the outcome of BREXIT will be a NO DEAL

THE SAME AS A "NO DEAL" would have been five years ago.

HUH??

Phone

"No deal" is just leaving the EU - the thing that we actually voted for.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I have read (therefore opinion) Mrs Mays 'deal' had within it many traps that only now are being spotted ,one was despite leaving the EU the EU still had control of our armed forces and the other one and what the present fuss is about is that the EU would have total control of our (GB ) exports into NI and could basically put tarriffs on our stuff sent to NI the EU negotiators whispered a veiled threat that they would ban UK imports into NI if there was no deal despite the written agenda the UK would remain in charge of its internal markets (probably what all the breaking int law is about?) Perhaps this should have been spotted in 2018?

Whether its true I am no lawyer but I think seeing how the EU thinks about their cash cow leaving it may well be

Of course there is no EU army but its pretty well in all but name ,infact many names and Brussels will of course call the shots

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Security_and_Defence_Policy

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

43 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Bugger

Edited by chesters1

Reading it, it does appear your summing up is correct.

The U.K. will continue to contribute towards the Defence of the EU with monies and troops.

Under Article 6 (“the Union and the United Kingdom shall use their best endeavours to conclude and ratify such an agreement before 1 July 2020.”), best endeavours means jack shite in Law, so what it means is, if the EU refuse to budge on their demand for full access to U.K. Territorial Waters then they will continue to have full access. The deadline has passed, THIS is in breach of International Law under the jurisdiction of The UN.

There are more but those are the two that concern me.

Certain elements of our so called ‘representatives’ are continuing to sell out the majority for their fifty pieces of silver.

The ONLY Law that matters to me is U.K. law. Where was this supposed sudden adherence by one and all when Saddam invaded Kuwait or when various foreign powers were blowing airplanes from the skies amongst a thousand others examples.

”Feck off” should have been the reply to the EU today and five years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Hey Phone when you get a few mins spare can you send a message to Nancy Pelosi, probably easier for you than me.

Apparently she has decided to throw her fantastic and highly knowledgeable understanding of International Law into the discussion pot, she obviously is an expert because she is a Politician and therefore an expert.

Firstly, this is a disagreement between the U.K. and the E.U. and has got feck all to do with her and her continuing war with Trump over just about everything, her expert opinion is about as welcome as a tray of pork sausages at a Jewish Wedding ceremony.

Secondly, perhaps more importantly please point out that “treaty” means an international agreement concluded between States in written form and governed by international law, whether embodied in a single instrument or in two or more related instruments and whatever its particular designation”

The U.K. is attempting to change an agreement in principal that has not been concluded as discussions are still taking place.

If you can sort her out I can attempt to explain to our EU loving media and Politicians here. I wish you the same luck as I will have getting one or all of them to report that simple fact.

HUGH,

How does this sound?

Dear Nancy, Kindly go pound chit. Get your own house in order before you tell others, like the UK what they will and will not do.

Parliament of the UNITED KINGDOM does have absolute and unlimited power. It is framed in terms of the extent of authority that parliament holds, and whether there are any sorts of law that it cannot pass.

As for right now “restoring U.K. sovereignty" means Britain is obligated to “take back control” from European Union governments and bureaucrats. The BRITS are in no mood to be bullied by a nationalistic demand from anyone and perhaps the US in particular. They believe in the sort of sovereignty that improve welfare for the residents and  is exactly what they voted yes or no on as a nation. They voted leave.

• Thanks 1