Should we have left the EU?

John S

8 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Most wont see it on there books anyway ? 

If its a foreign owned ship based here landing its catch in europe then it certainly isnt going to be 100% up front and paying dues to the UK ,spain for one is full of corruption 

How much fish caught in UK waters sold or landed abroad is sold back to us at an inflated price ,surely we need cheap fish here aswell?

Even if the fishermen sell us the fish at the same price its sold abroad logic says it will still be cheaper than we pay now if its reimported

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, Phone said:

COD,

Don't be ridiculous. Fishing in the UK is more than a trade. Couple that with a starving world and - poof - you have a market.

Phone

Sorry phone you have got it all wrong about the fishing industry .

Now the reality is viva wagons drive round the U.K. picking live lobsters up to take them live by road back to Europe no hassle minimum cost .Top class produce with top class prices paid by the customer . Now how does that viva wagon take live lobsters from here to South Africa or even your home town phone without incurring Hugh costs? when the European market is quick and fast for the fishermen and to the customers it’s a no brainier.

The fishermen’s best customer is on his doorstep in Europe.Britain is flooded with cheap frozen Canadian lobsters that’s half the reason export  is essential for U.K.caught  lobsters and Europe is    the best market for that produce ..

So a no deal brexit could spell disaster for U.K. fishermen and I personally know  one young lad who has borrowed £300.000 for a new boat  on the strength of selling his lobsters , glad I am not in his shoes but he was promised the world with brexit .

Its brexit reality time !!!!  .

Edited by big_cod
C

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Hopefully even cheaper canadian lobsters

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

Hopefully even cheaper canadian lobsters

No they will very likely go up price if UK fishermen go out of business because of a no deal brexit less U.K. lobsters dearer foreign lobsters .

Hey you could be right about Johnson throwing the fishing industry under the bus his backside is propper caving in now  desperate for a deal .

All that waff paper tiger boris .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Why would they go up ? The EU dictate who we trade with and how much tarrifs are imposed ,once we are shot of these crooks we may get a better deal ,if not bugger canadian lobsters its their loss they should remember lobsters are not essential to human life we choose to eat them we can choose not to until they see their loss

Edited by chesters1

15 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Why would they go up ? The EU dictate who we trade with and how much tarrifs are imposed ,once we are shot of these crooks we may get a better deal ,if not bugger canadian lobsters its their loss they should remember lobsters are not essential to human life we choose to eat them we can choose not to until they see their loss

Why won’t they go up less UK lobsters supply and demand up goes the Canadian lobsters  go In the shops another cost increase to the U.K. consumer with brexit .

The only growth with brexit will be lorry parks and more extra cost to the U.K. consumer with brexit It just goes on and on and on 

You cannot defend the indefensible brexit is a shambles .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

AH supply and demand which you say doesnt exist in relation to jobs suddenly appears  when you need it ,works both ways as i said before if we dont eat canadian lobsters if the price rises either they drop the price or english lobster catchers provide them for less so the price balances again

If english fishermen cannot compete then they need to rethink how they are fishing or fold ,pointless giving tax payers money to a rubbish industry that cannot even support itself

Brexit isnt a shambles how its beeing done is by both the government the EU and industry who despite years of knowing its coming cannot be arsed to sort itself out but thats mainly down to the EU making laws where we cannot make any deals until we have left their dirty clutches and doing their utmost to dictate what they are after we have left ,blame earlier governments for that giving a foreign power a hold over a sovereign country is nothing short of treason

Maastrict and lisbon put the nails in our coffin and whatever dick signed the withdrawal treaty needs suffocating to death in full view of the masses

Edited by chesters1

If english fishermen cannot compete then they need to rethink how they are fishing or fold ,pointless giving tax payers money to a rubbish industry that cannot even support itself.

whatever dick signed the withdrawal treaty needs suffocating to death in full view of the masses

whatever dick signed the withdrawal treaty needs suffocating to death in full view of the masses

So we are in agreement  brexit is a shambles .

In the last 5 years the shellfish industry has seen its best years its ever had creating 1000s of jobs  with fantastic earning for U.K. fishermen which could very possibly all come to and end because of brexit .

How can anybody call brexit a success if it wipes out  half of U.K. shellfish fleet it won’t be my head who they will be after.

Canadian lobsters millions are eaten in the U.K. by U.K. families and the price will go up if U.K. lobster catches go down Fact .

And most of the fish we eat comes from Iceland ,Norway etc imported cheap then  sold at sky high prices and nothing will change with brexit .

Can you explain in full what all this tax payers money you are on about that goes to U.K. fishermen I am extremely intrigued. lI know plenty who sail at 4 am in the morning and get off the boat 6 pm  at night back breaking work and don’t get one  pence off the government and pay  £1000s in tax and national insurance contributions.

Mind there is very grave possibility that all that tax etc to the treasury that fishermen pay  could be all coming to and end putting  an extra burden on the state because of brexit .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

The EMFF and ofcourse red diesel and most probably a host of other incentives

I would stop red diesel tomorrow why should some get it but not others because of a lifestyle choice?

Edited by chesters1