Should we have left the EU?

John S

ALL,

The UK has the world's 5th largest economy (I think). How can you have the 15th highest standard of living in EUROPE? Someone is pushing the pencil.

Cod, some of what you say has merit. WHY are you so zone focused on BREXIT you have no desire to discuss the devastation that's being created by COVID-19? The pandemic appears to be 10 times the singular problem you focus on.

9 hours ago, big_cod said:

Good poker player covers his hand and bluffs ,going by news sources on the continent (unlike here) the EU is beginning to get scared their members are not going to have the UK to export to if they continue to play the hard man.

See how things have changed from Mays give the EU anything they want to drip feeding them juicy morsels to make them desperately want it or get nothing 

I see the woman has gone into hiding (self isolation haha) incase the EU get bugger all and she can say if only she was there etc and come out smelling of roses

Giving the EU a fraction of what they had a 100% of is good negotiating if it works and we can take it back if it doesnt

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, Phone said:

ALL,

The UK has the world's 5th largest economy (I think). How can you have the 15th highest standard of living in EUROPE? Someone is pushing the pencil.

Cod, some of what you say has merit. WHY are you so zone focused on BREXIT you have no desire to discuss the devastation that's being created by COVID-19? The pandemic appears to be 10 times the singular problem you focus on.

Strange one phone the brexit fiasco is bad enough never mind U.K.goverments  Performance on Covid 19 it’s far worse for than brexit .Especially when you keep bunging  millions of pounds of tax payers cash in PPE contracts without bidders just handed to your friends .No this brexitshit is enough all the brexit  lies are Unfolding very nicely . PS you don’t happen to have a giant lorry park on the border with Mexico or Canada do you .Brexit Britain has got some belters you know and some nice shiny new toilets along the motorway it’s a fabulous new creation in  brexit Britain .I bet you don’t have this in the USA surely not .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Phone said:

ALL,

Phone, Basically there are a number of these surveys or reports or expert opinions or analysis or whatever you want to call them, they are normally dependant on the bias of the author or the bias of the person quoting whichever article.

Basically the “average” wage of the Country is compared against the “cost of living” of the same.

As Chesters points out, it is obviously apparent that if a Country has a high influx of foreign workers who, generally are prepared to work for less wages then the “average” wage will undoubtedly fall.

If those same people or economic migrants create an increase demand for rental property then the cost of living will rise and statistically the Country’s standard of living will fall.

Interestingly enough most of these reports will place the U.K. above Spain, France, Portugal and Italy. 

Again, as Chesters mentions, IF the U.K. is such a crap place to live why do MILLIONS of people from all those superior Countries ACTUALLY CHOOSE to live and work here?

Final point aimed at your own home, most of those comparisons use the USA as the ‘bench mark’ or standard for comparison, I think you would agree that not ALL of your citizens enjoy a standard of living above and beyond every other Country in the World but Mr, Mrs or Ms Average does but they are not representative of any majority.

• Thanks 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Huge,

STATISTICS is not something I rely on very heavily. I usually just lie and deny.

The one thing I am very careful about is I always read "the terms and conditions" before I check the box

Phone

10 hours ago, Phone said:

Hugh

The one thing I am very careful about is I always read "the terms and conditions" before I check the box

Phone

How interesting Phone you couldn’t have put it better you have hit the jackpot there with your illustration. The brexit referendum in 2016 it falls perfectly into that category.When the bulk of the  terms and conditions then turnout to be false Hoods or lies is a better way to put it .

image.png.98bcab60e6be4bd7497e7ccff2fff24e.png

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

We can start our car industry up and be the envy of the world. Rover will dominate once again

We can turn our backs on Sweden and Germany and become the next state of Donald Trump's USA.

That's what the British public have voted for 

Not sure i voted for a union run car industry again ,marinas were not the highest end and the mini never made a penny lol

Mind you if EU based car companies thought the UK was no good surely they have had 4 years to pack up and leave

One of frances wealthiest women lives 200 yards away ,if you have a billion or so you can live anywhere one earth but she wants to live near me ,cant be that bad here even if i live here!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Poker