Should we have left the EU?

John S

1 minute ago, big_cod said:

Again the Europeans eat a lot more fish then we do that’s why they value it more than we do .So we are willing to sacrifice parts of our economy worth many billions of pounds for something we hardly eat !!! makes no sense at all but that’s  brexit is that all over .

Again the crap ,if we dont eat fish why do we import so much?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

2 minutes ago, corydoras said:

We don't eat much of what we catch we catch I hope there is a no deal and thy have to ditch what they catch because we don't eat it..

I know many fishermen who fish on shellfish and what they are now catching is all going Europe .They can’t see what could be coming there way but very soon they could be in for one almighty shock .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

9 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Crap we import 60-80% of what we eat and brexit will not change it the price of frozen fish will see to that .fish shops want frozen fish from abroad it’s cheaper then fresh .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

3 minutes ago, big_cod said:

I know many fishermen who fish on shellfish and what they are now catching is all going Europe .They can’t see what could be coming there way but very soon they could be in for one almighty shock .

Again i say perhaps if they sold it here in the first place they wouldnt lose so much ,hopefully they lose their trade in the EU then come crawling back whining for brits to buy it we refuse

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

6 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Crap we import 60-80% of what we eat and brexit will not change it the price of frozen fish will see to that .

You said it we import 60-80% of what we eat ,your agreeing with me!why would the price change if we are eating fish directly from our fleet not what was sold to the EU then reinported?

Edited by chesters1

Good luck selling herring and mackerel to British housewives who would not have a fecking clue what to do with it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

15 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Again i say perhaps if they sold it here in the first place they wouldnt lose so much ,hopefully they lose their trade in the EU then come crawling back whining for brits to buy it we refuse

Chester’s it’s mainly shellfish we export lobsters prawns scallops shellfish .shellfish is our biggest part of our fishing industry all could go tits up with brexit no market game over .Whitefish we mainly get from Iceland , Norway even Russia it’s cheap and buyers will leave the fresh and buy the frozen because it’s cheaper .I worked on Whitby fish market and saw 100s of boxes of fresh fish sold to the mink farm because it didn’t  sell .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Chested it’s mainly shellfish we export lobsters prawns scallops shellfish .shellfish is our biggest part of our fishing industry all could go tits up with brexit no market game over .

Why dont you read ,sell us some of it for a change i have never eaten langostines i am sure if it tastes nice people will buy it especially if the EU put huge import tarriffs on it (which we can do in return)

You forget the power of people if germans want our stuff and we want theirs do you think the EU will dare get in the way

Edited by chesters1

21 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

We eat fish but the Europeans eat more that’s not crap it’s fact .most here if they didn’t have a microwave they  would be doomed ..

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

8 minutes ago, corydoras said:

Good luck selling herring and mackerel to British housewives who would not have a fecking clue what to do with it.

They will