Should we have left the EU?

John S

3 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

You forget the power of people if germans want our stuff and we want theirs do you think the EU will dare get in the way

????????

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

2 minutes ago, big_cod said:

We eat fish but the Europeans eat more that’s not crap it’s fact .

Why are you now talking about the EU brexit is about us remember bugger the foreigners

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just now, corydoras said:

????????

You obviously dont think the loss of £ billions in exports to the UK  is going to go without annoyance ,the germans and french are already talking to Brussels with veiled threats thats why the EU didnt chuck their hand in in february ,stop watching the bbc and look at DW etc

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

4 minutes ago, big_cod said:

?????????

?????? Again you are twisting my words show me where i said the europeans dont eat lots of fish

WE thats US import more fish than we export ,you quoted the figures .You said we dont eat much yet proved your own words wrong by telling me the statistics of our imports ! If we didnt eat the bloody stuff why do we import so much?

Edited by chesters1

2 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

You obviously dont think the loss of £ billions in exports to the UK  is going to go without annoyance ,the germans and french are already talking to Brussels with veiled threats thats why the EU didnt chuck their hand in in february ,stop watching the bbc and look at DW etc

There will be no loss of exports, just we will pay more for them.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

You could see a big decline in the fishing industry with brexit  .The U.K. housewife won’t pay big money for lobsters etc lobsters fishing make up the vast Part of our Coastel fleet fishermen.It’s mainly all lobsters here at Whitby and it’s the same from the north to the south of Britain if the Europeans don’t buy our lobsters fishermen are doomed prices will crash and businesses  will fail in droves and that is the stark reality fishermen are facing but you were warned .I hope i am wrong What’s the saying you can’t see the woods for the trees.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

8 minutes ago, corydoras said:

There will be no loss of exports, just we will pay more for them.

Thats fine they will have to adjust their prices to compensate for any tarriffs ,we can aswell .

Only fools buy something thats not worth the money or we would all be eating cavier in rolls royces.not sure what we import from the EU most is imported because its easy not necessarily cheaper ,i can certainly live without german sausage french cheese and spanish oranges  ,we can probably get them cheaper elswere?

I never understood why the EU members had to pay to join to get free trade ,zero tarrifs and border control saves money so why pay the middleman ?

Edited by chesters1

4 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Thats fine they will have to adjust their prices to compensate for any tarriffs

No they won't. That just one of your fantasies. I suggest you stop reading the DW, whatever the hell that is.

12 minutes ago, corydoras said:

No they won't. That just one of your fantasies. I suggest you stop reading the DW, whatever the hell that is.

Then they will lose those luvly exports ! DW is a german news station get out more! Theres lits of news media that not british and decent satellite dishes get the lot ,what they say is not the bias you see on our stations ,if they say germany is upset its upset.

Just thinking what i have imported from germany ,a beurer footbath ,almost a german 5 stage filtration system but found the germans suplier and i got it direct from china .so personaly i will not pay more directly i will simply not buy it if its expensive .most probably the rest of whatever germany exports i will treat the same time will tell

It was amusing when our negotiations changed from take the lot we are afraid of the EU to our harder stance of no deal ,the foreign media was buzzing and they were upset them englismen were not just giving in ,not just for a days but for weeks even euronews the EUs mouth piece was genuinly upset ,now corona is overshadowing everything

Edited by chesters1