Should we have left the EU?

John S

38 minutes ago, big_cod said:

You could see a big decline in the fishing industry with brexit  .The U.K. housewife won’t pay big money for lobsters etc lobsters fishing make up the vast Part of our Coastel fleet fishermen.It’s mainly all lobsters here at Whitby and it’s the same from the north to the south of Britain if the Europeans don’t buy our lobsters fishermen are doomed prices will crash and businesses  will fail in droves and that is the stark reality fishermen are facing but you were warned .What’s the saying you can’t see the woods for the trees.

Do you eat lobsters every day ,blimey i have never even tried one why would i? I dont think life revolves around lobsters obviously you do? Prices will crash thats good for the housewife surely or dont you care about them?

Who told me? If they did do you think i believed them ? Why would i care for someones lifestyle choice of fishing ,why should i care if they go under if i have never eaten what they produce ,on the bright side without the fleet harvesting millions of tons of fish they may recover for our great grand kids to eat ,at the rate it is fish will go extinct and all we will find is grotty dogfish and pouting!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Has he gone from the red bus back to fishing again then Chesters, blimey he has missed out Lithuanian welders in the cycle.

I suppose he is dribbling that we will only have cheap Lobsters to eat which our fishing industry will not be able to sell because our fishing fleet will not be able to catch Cod and Haddock because our fleet can only catch them in Northern European waters, just before he starts bragging about how much cod can be caught on his boat.

Round and Round we go, when he will stop, nobody knows.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

9 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Has he gone from the red bus back to fishing again then Chesters, blimey he has missed out Lithuanian welders in the cycle.

I suppose he is dribbling that we will only have cheap Lobsters to eat which our fishing industry will not be able to sell because our fishing fleet will not be able to catch Cod and Haddock because our fleet can only catch them in Northern European waters, just before he starts bragging about how much cod can be caught on his boat.

Here we go again somebody hasn’t got a tiny clue what he is taking about in  fact it’s worse then that.And where do you think most of cod and haddock are caught in Scotland not England not the Channel not whitby not  Grimsby no all in the far north Infact some boats are fishing way north of shetlands And again for somebody who comments on somebody he knows absolutely nothing about our fishing industry  .Shellfish  is the main catch of  fishermen  and they make a very very good living from it especially those in England and most of it goes to Europe and they are paid top dollar. And somebody who hasn’t  the slightest idea what he is on about spurts a load of rubbish .No quota on prawns or lobsters you knew that , And you are one of them fools who think we get our waters back fill all our ports full of trawlers to go and catch what you like ? fill  the boats  with Hugh  amounts of cod , haddock whatever you want to catch and you know what  would happen .90% would be  bankrupt in a 3 months .There is no fish  left in any real quantity to catch and make a boat pay for round our coastlines it’s a myth ,A trawlers expenses are anything from £10,000 a week up over that’s on top of your purchase price which could run into millions of pounds .

Grimsby died when there  fleet   stopped going to Iceland where cod is in vast numbers , but the very best home goal with fishing and brexit is if Scotland goes independent and then the English boats which catch most of our whitefish cod and haddock etc Can’t fish there . And then brexit with fishing has gone tits up big beyond all expectations  of failure because that’s where 90% of cod and haddock is landed . And oh a lot of  actually fish caught  is actually in Norwegian waters and landed In Peterhead not Whitby grismby etc,etc etc .Brexshit  could do immense damage to the average fishermen’s living Not the big boys in industry who work in the far north of Scotland they may do well out getting more quota  but those south could lose out massive yes the English fishermen those who actually voted for brexit led down the garden path to possible ruin ..And a lot of fishermen screaming brexit are the ones who were given cod quota for free and then sold it for cash but now see another bite of the cherry looms .And it’s all the EU fault tell me another one.

Its fishing methods that have destroyed our fish stocks bigger boats to carry more and more fish habitat destruction is massive .And do you think brexit  will solve it all ? its ****s thats for the gullible and the naive.stood on white cliffs of Dover screaming brexshit and you fall perfectly into that category.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

If its been destroyed whilst being in the EU then perhaps its better getting out?

As i said if our government enforce harder rules than today the fish stocks should improve because half the world isnt taking them and landing them unseen on the continent.

Ours will gladly destroy all fishing as they did in the past so the gov need to root out the foreign ships using brit credentials and start from scratch boats will have to land their catches in britain THEN they get the handouts ,although as i said why should tax payers be propping up career choices?

Fishing is back under UK control if its destroyed we know who to blame on top of the fishermen themselves

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

10 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Probably in the double figures now ,you can show what he says is nonsence  show him the data (note data not opinion from headlines) and yet it all comes back up later ,he either cannot remember or is so stupid he thinks it will become true if he says it enough times lol

Cant wait til january until a thread called "now we are really out" starts and off he goes again as if any thing he says will somehow reverse brexit and even then he would post his hate and bile about everything and everyone tory forgetting labour voted for brexit aswell ,oh well hes amusing and you have to look out for the vunerable after all he could go out alone into those busy whitby streets if he wasnt here spouting his hate

Edited by chesters1

9 hours ago, chesters1 said:

If its been destroyed whilst being in the EU then perhaps its better getting out?

As i said if our government enforce harder rules than today the fish stocks should improve because half the world isnt taking them and landing them unseen on the continent.

Ours will gladly destroy all fishing as they did in the past so the gov need to root out the foreign ships using brit credentials and start from scratch boats will have to land their catches in britain THEN they get the handouts ,although as i said why should tax payers be propping up career choices?

Fishing is back under UK control if its destroyed we know who to blame on top of the fishermen themselves

the U.K. government won’t I force harder  restrictions that’s another brexit fantasy it  will not happen ,already people are talking about a free for  all which will make things far worse with brexit not better .To blame the EU is not the full story a at all they did there best to put sustainability with quotas in place and many blighted those quotas but not everybody adhered to them . .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

1 minute ago, big_cod said:

the U.K. government won’t I force harder  restrictions that’s another brexit fantasy it  will not happen ,already people are talking about a free for  all which will make things far worse with brexit not better .To blame the EU is not the full story a at all they did there best to put sustainability with quotas in place and many blighted those quotas making vast sums of money  in the process landing Hugh amounts of black fish onto articulated wagons   through the night I saw it with my own eyes .

Yes but the difference is the gov cannot hide behind the EU the government will now be accountable in the voting booth

20 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Yes but the difference is the gov cannot hide behind the EU the government will now be accountable in the voting booth

Accountability in the voting booth ? but they have already lied about the fishing industry to the British people whether in the Eu or out  it won’t make a **** of difference they will have already gone bust .

The main fishing in England is shellfish sold to Europe end of ..... a home goal with brexit for  English fishermen looms very very large .If your main market it’s gone game over . I wonder who they will want to string up first .Remember we hold all the cards it’s utter rubbish. And it’s not only fishing where the **** is just about to hit the fan with brexshit .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Strange that all the mussels i have bought in supermarkets were from south america ,perhaps the shell fishermen could actually sell some of their catch to uk supermarkets instead and sell it here!

Once the EU put up huge import fees to stop the UK selling it to the continent (their choice not ours you can have zero tarriffs without joining their club) they can sell it cheaper than what the europeans buy it for so we can enjoy it 

They have 3 choices sell less abroad because its now expensive or sell it here or go bust ,over to them but you will find the import tarriffs harm the wealthy midd!le men harder than the fishermen themselves ,cutting out the middle men will then put the power in the hands of the fishermen so they can haggle a decent price with uk sellers

Strange you mention plentiful cod and iceland ,why is that? OH yes they stopped foreigners stripping their stocks ,see where i am going?

Edited by chesters1

8 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Strange that all the mussels i have bought in supermarkets were from south america ,perhaps the shell fishermen could actually sell some of their catch to uk supermarkets instead and sell it here!

Once the EU put up huge import fees to stop the UK selling it to the continent (their choice not ours you can have zero tarriffs without joining their club) they can sell it cheaper than what the europeans buy it for so we can enjoy it 

Don’t tell me  you have not supported a U.K. produce , ?. mussels love them the best are from Scotland big full and juicy but you mustn’t get  them when they haven’t spawned not a lot in them  watery.I don’t think  you get it Chester’s the uk housewives most  can’t Boil  an egg never mind prepare fish and shellfish that’s why the Europeans buy it and pay good money  for it .And if the U.K. fishermen can’t  sell there produce to Europe Most  will fold thats the bottom line no price it’s game over boats are very expensive toys to run and maintain,

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg