Should we have left the EU?

John S

8 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Don’t tell me  you have not supported a U.K. produce , ?. mussels love them the best are from Scotland big full and juicy but you mustn’t get  them when they haven’t spawned not a lot in them  watery.I don’t think  you get it Chester’s the uk housewives most  can’t Boil  an egg never mind prepare fish and shellfish that’s why the Europeans buy it and pay good money  for it .And if the U.K. fishermen can’t  sell there produce to Europe Most  will fold thats the bottom line no price it’s game over boats are very expensive toys to run and maintain,

I cant support uk produce if the produce offered isnt from the UK ,if your forced to buy from an online shop then your forced to buy what they sell i dont think they are going to fund a trip to the seaside just to buy a pint of mussels and then deliver it free with the rest of the order !

The price they sell their catch at will be determined by the exporters and middle men ,the fishermen may actualy find they are better off cutting them out even in victorian times they formed cooperatives now they just hand over their catches to greedy middlemen and thats it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters, there is an old fable told in marketing circles as a lesson.

Two shoe and footwear salesmen travel to a chain of Islands inhabited by thousands of people an hour after arriving they both send an urgent message back to their respective employers.

The first one says “Urgently arrange passage home, the inhabitants here don’t wear shoes.”

The second one sends “Urgently send more salesmen, the inhabitants here don’t have any shoes.”

And there lies the answer to all those who think leavers are small minded and wishing to retract into some form of isolation.

There is a HUGE market out there, we have no need or requirement to sit and pay large sums of money to an organisation that determines exactly what goods we manufacture, grow or indeed catch and how much we sell it for.

There is a well known fact about ‘Dublin Bay Prawns’ clue in the name, they are without doubt the finest in the World and some European countries cannot buy enough, if they don’t want to buy them not only will their restaurant industry suffer but the consumer base will be none to happy. And as you say, as in all things when availability is higher than demand prices fall, people might complain they are having to pay more once they discover the price rise is due to belligerence they will not be sending their anger this way.

Have a look how much the Yanks pay for them.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Thats small thinking had i been the shoe company i would have sent a preist to tell the natives not wearing shoes was ungodly and they would fry in hell ,i would also have sold the natives barbeque sauce incase they resisted gods self apointed mouthpiece and ate him ,win win again your lose lose scenario lo!

Blimey new word today 'ate' appeared strange as i say 'ett' on looking it up i found the word participle ,new word to me but then its perfectly clear i am no wordsmith

I was trying to work out the right word tense ,ate past ,eaten past eat present or future ,groan i wish i had payed more attention no !!!!!!ate can be future aswell ok scoffed ! Sorted now to learn punctuation

Damnit its also 'paid' not payed but they could have gone by steamer ,english is hard for english people who dont try! (A favourite term on my reports) if failure is your long term plan why try and embroider it ?

Its surprising how much yaks pay full stop ,apart from food and fuel they appear to pay a great deal ,not Australian  hikes yet but closing ,despite what people say the uk enjoys fairly low prices compare to most civilised countries 

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

More opinion cod?

Wont "big" always have an advantage over "small"?

Thats where my point about co-operatives was mentioned

Edited by chesters1

Generally its typical about anything thats why the world is really run by "big" companies not your local grocer and certainly not by governments in the EU

Edited by chesters1

8 minutes ago, big_cod said:

How is it typical about fishing in which way ?

Its not tgpical about fishing its typical across the board, big has more stick than small you have to research how what was small is now big ,generally big wins because people cannot be arsed to stop them winning

Even small with big gobs get power look at the angling trust ,a bunch of gobshites no one voted to have any power now 'advise' the government how to ru(i)n angling

Edited by chesters1

9 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Its not tgpical about fishing its typical across the board, big has more stick than small you have to research how what was small is now big ,generally big wins because people cannot be arsed to stop them winning

???? No answer then .so what your are actually saying the majority of fishermen have voted for a  red herring ? with brexit then or white elephant puts it better .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg