Should we have left the EU?

John S

Do you know how much a working car plant is worth and we get it free !

You know nothing about commerce the bit about the new car was the sweetener ,the threat is the removal of something that may never had existed to get money from the government.hopefully the government call their bluff and we get a lovely new plant

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

Are you drunk or taken to much medication?

Since he mentioned the IoW I presume he is attempting to talk to me, I don’t know why, surely he can understand the ‘blocked him’ I have mentioned multiple times.

Reference to Seals, I presume a mate of his who knows everything saw it written on a red bus that my earlier statement regarding Common or Harbour seals declining population is false, obviously being unable to find a video on YouTube reinforced his opinion.

Me, I only have a Son who is a Marine Biologist, in fact he is equivalent to a Rear Admiral in the Royal Navy ha bloody ha! 

Quick lesson, Common Seals are becoming less than common, Scientists are supposedly baffled trying to find the “complex cause” in actual fact research has proven that Common Seals are more dependant on Sand Eels than their grey cousins.

Now link that to the obvious decline in Puffin numbers and picture a puffin in your tiny, pathetic and bigoted mind, a Puffin with it’s mouth full off?

Then link the amount of Sand Eels removed from the North Sea entirely permitted by nothing else than your beloved EU.

But of course Clod, you won’t believe me will you? You believe other morons like yourself on social media who tell you that the red Brexit bus has been scrapped.

So here is a nice link to your beloved Guardian, https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2008/oct/20/conservation-wildlife-seals-marine-endangered not current simply because the answer to the problem was simple, even the RSPB have switched from blaming sand eel decline on global warming, at which point certain media don’t wish to bite the hand that feeds them.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

4 hours ago, big_cod said:

All those turkeys who voted for  Christmas your P45 awaits you !!!  what a lovely brexshit  Christmas present 

Where’s Farage hiding  !!!!!!! ?

With just days left for negotiators to agree trade terms that will apply from 1 January, Nissan's chief operating officer Ashwani Gupta issued his most emphatic warning yet

The UK's biggest car plant will not be sustainable unless a trade deal is agreed with the EU, Nissan has warned. The Japanese car maker employs around 7,000 people at its Sunderland factory along with many thousands in the supply chain ,it is where it has built more than 10 million cars since 1986.

Brexit reality is here the lambs to the slaughter  !!!!

If the UK's biggest car plant becomes unsustainable, it's because Boris just made a dumb-ass virtue signalling statement saying that the UK will ban the sale of ICE vehicles by 2030.

So, if Nissan offski, it will be because the PM has made further investment untenable, and NOT because of Brexit.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Which i mentioned a few posts up but cod missed but nissan could compete on far better terms than  manufacturers not in the uk making electric cars making their statement even more bizarre ,it must be a monetry demand based on lies its the only thing that makes sense .Nissan just want tax payers money under any excuse they always do

Infact boris gave them the nod to produce more electric vehicles before the ban ,(if it ever happens)!

Will electric vehicles be any good in ten years time ,if you owned two you wouldnt be able to fast charge them from the basic mains in we have you would need 3phase ,more or ultra fast charge and you would need a new mains input from the grid which could be miles away.

If your car parked on the street it would be illegal to run a cable out to it and that means every street would need charging facilities for every vehicle that could park on it and all within ten years!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

9 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Which i mentioned a few posts up but cod missed but nissan could compete on far better terms than  manufacturers not in the uk making electric cars making their statement even more bizarre ,it must be a monetry demand based on lies its the only thing that makes sense .Nissan just want tax payers money under any excuse they always do

Infact boris gave them the nod to produce more electric vehicles before the ban ,(if it ever happens)!

Yes, but the market should dictate when Nissan switch investment from ICE to electric drivetrains, not bumbling Boris.

Central planning doesn't work - which is why the United States or Soviet Europe is so bloody unpopular and why millions have starved in communist countries.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Unfortunate the global warming lot are dictating the rules ,leaders need to be on the band wagon to get their votes .You can dictate major infrastructure changes i remember when appliences went from coal gas to natural gas ,it wasnt wanted then it was a hassel but it was forced by circumstances as will be electric vehicles whether they are viable or not!

On the bright side ancient mainstream bangers will become valuable only new cars will be banned in the first phase!

There will be work arounds ofcourse gas power conversions theres even cars that only run on leaded fuel out there with clever innovations produced to get around the rules

Seeing how town gas popped into my head i checked my post was correct (ofcourse it is, it rarely isnt) i thought it started earlier but it seems it started in 67 and ended in 77 ,how did the gas in the pipes know who had the new jets? I presume it was done in chunks with areas only getting one or the other until 77 ?

I was going to post the python new cooker sketch but its not that funny BUT it did show the over convoluted system mostly union related system we had to endure with workers with designated jobs ,about 1975 we had to have our council house toliet ball cock replaced which couldnt be replaced without removing the systern almost touching the ceiling  ,i kid you not 4 (yes 4) plumbers attended and moved in and out of our 6ft by 3ft toilet in order to take the offending bit of brass out.

I asked one why so many and he seemed shocked i asked ,ofcourse there had to be a plumber and his mate ,some safety guy looking on as the systern was x feet of the ground and his apprentice .thank christ things have changed an poxy unions no longer have the power of old or when our kitchen was replaced we would had to make tea in urns and get a bigger garden to fit them all in!

Edited by chesters1
  • Thanks 1

There still remains a lot of areas that lack access to decent broadband speeds let alone a wholly reliable electric supply.

Mine comes across several fields, electric that is, up until maybe a year or two ago we had lots of power outage as they call it now. Like many rural properties I have a generator powered by an ICE. I suppose those experts could provide a generator to homes to recharge their cars with diesel generators, Extinction Rebellion use them at their demos so probably makes sense!

What about homes with a single phase supply and three cars, not unusual, I suppose they get three generators.

As for Nissan, close up and bugger off, as I said years ago I shall only buy a vehicle manufactured in this Country, put a bloody great tariff on import cars and watch the krauts cringe, we can all drive allegros.

Going to have to be so many exemptions to the ban I just don’t see it working, even the lamppost plan is ludicrous.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Yes words are cheap and government words only second in cheapness to the party in opposition who say many but dont have to back them up at all!

They would all have to be very hefty generators to pump out enough and they would probably use more fuel to provide the electric that just run a bloody car in the first place

The electric company replaced our wires to the three homes on the end of it and we had a huge generator between us as big as a car no less ,every day it was duly filled with diesel even then we were warned not to use an instant heat shower it may upset it!

Edited by chesters1

I remember the bloke coming around to change the burners or whatever on our appliances, can’t remember the year but I recall him and others driving a Hillman Imp with a cushion on the boot, a little while later the second hand market was flooded with them. Supply and demand yet again!

I also remember he only did the gas cooker, didn’t touch the central heating, a paraffin stove in the middle of the house!

Paraffin stove luxury .

I remember when i was about 5 or 6 being sent down the road to get a gallon of paraffin on tick (who would refuse a kid) and i remember it exactly it had a glass bottle in it which held the fuel ,until the day it caught fire and mum chucking a bowl of water on it.I cant remember it lit after that on reflecting i dont think she had permission from dad to have it

When my dad came home on leave he got shot of it as he was terrified of fire (later my mum said something happened to him on his ship in the suez crises but never went into detail) so fires were banned until he went back to sea (he was in the navy until i was 9) and then it was burning anything you could find in a tiny fireplace.

A couple of houses later dad left the navy and the fire place now had coal until a chimney fire after that fires were banned in any form ,i never even saw central heating living with my parents and until our last house and our present house is the only one where it actualy warmed rooms up enough to know it worked

The first house we had was so cold i was out at night cutting down anything i could find and dragging it home ,my mrs cutting up in the daytime when i was at work ,people dont know how lucky they are today ,hot water coming out a tap still amuses me i never had any until i moved to folkestone at 16 never had a bath in a plumbed in bath until then either!

Edited by chesters1