Should we have left the EU?

John S

Car manufacturers must be rubbing their hands together in glee, they have found their holy grail with electric cars. Over the years customers have expected better and better engineering, quality and reliability. The trouble with that in the eyes of the manufacturers is their cars are generally better built and last much longer, so don't need to be replaced as often, which in turn leads to fewer sales. 

Now the manufacturers have a golden goose in that they can build a quality product that will keep the customer happy that will only have a useful life of approx 10yrs, as the batteries are built into the chassis' and will be next to useless after 10yrs. It would be far too expensive to take a car apart and replace the batteries with new units. Hence more new car sales for the manufacturers and bigger profits. 

I drive a 2007 Honda Civic and it's perfectly fine, I look after it and keep up with servicing and I suspect it has years of life left in it yet. I'm not so sure that manufacturing millions of more new cars every year globally, mining raw and rare earth materials, disposing of millions of perfectly good vehicles (minus their useless batteries) is quite as ecofriendly and as good for the climate as we are led to believe.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

13 hours ago, Ken L said:

If the UK's biggest car plant becomes unsustainable, it's because Boris just made a dumb-ass virtue signalling statement saying that the UK will ban the sale of ICE vehicles by 2030.

So, if Nissan offski, it will be because the PM has made further investment untenable, and NOT because of Brexit.

So what’s to say Nissan won’t build cars that  fall into the new world order of transport in Sunderland .It’s simple brexit !!!!!!.    

As for the new electron cars ,vans etc, surly they must be a time when car batteries can be placed sounds madness to scrap a car or van because the batteries are knackered.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

It's taken Nissan in Sunderland 33 years to produce 10 million cars. It is clearly an absolute minnow.

850;000 cars a year are produced at the Wolfsburg Volkswagen plant.

The UK is incredibly unimportant when it comes to car production.

14 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Since he mentioned the IoW I presume he is attempting to talk to me, I don’t know why, surely he can understand the ‘blocked him’ I have mentioned multiple times.

Reference to Seals, I presume a mate of his who knows everything saw it written on a red bus that my earlier statement regarding Common or Harbour seals declining population is false, obviously being unable to find a video on YouTube reinforced his opinion.

Me, I only have a Son who is a Marine Biologist, in fact he is equivalent to a Rear Admiral in the Royal Navy ha bloody ha! 

Quick lesson, Common Seals are becoming less than common, Scientists are supposedly baffled trying to find the “complex cause” in actual fact research has proven that Common Seals are more dependant on Sand Eels than their grey cousins.

Now link that to the obvious decline in Puffin numbers and picture a puffin in your tiny, pathetic and bigoted mind, a Puffin with it’s mouth full off?

Then link the amount of Sand Eels removed from the North Sea entirely permitted by nothing else than your beloved EU.

But of course Clod, you won’t believe me will you? You believe other morons like yourself on social media who tell you that the red Brexit bus has been scrapped.

So here is a nice link to your beloved Guardian, https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2008/oct/20/conservation-wildlife-seals-marine-endangered not current simply because the answer to the problem was simple, even the RSPB have switched from blaming sand eel decline on global warming, at which point certain media don’t wish to bite the hand that feeds them.

Oh the man who  that thinks he knows everything when in reality he knows hook all ..First did I mention puffins did o say they hadn’t declined no I did not !!!!

Seals declining from what record numbers year after year after year and now suddenly they are dropping off now why is that I wonder .You say your son is a Marine e biologist I hope he isn’t as thick as the one who worked for the local IFCA clueless doesn’t touch it .

I know many commercial fishermen  which have a right to shoot seals if they are interfering with there fishing .And they have had them wrapped up dead in salmon nets and just to see what thy are feeding on  they have opened them up and guess what full of dabs and squid not Sandeels !!!! .

Seals  do feed on herring  and mackerel when they are there in summer but this last few years fewer numbers have turned up off the Yorkshire Coast.

Herring spawn and lay there eggs on the weed that grows on the bottom throughout the summer months but with all the scallop dredgers that’s gone on here it has destroyed the who ecosystem.No weed no herring cod , polllock all whitefish numbers now dropping off the scale as the reefs have been destroyed..

And your worried about the Danes  on the Dogger Bank taking sandeels away , well have I got news for you .the whole of U.K. scallop fleet obliterated the dogged bank 5 months ago apparently it is now fully closed to scallop dredging but the damaged has being done areas of the Dogger Bank which had never seen a dredge now obliterated ,sand eels breed there but they will now be in very serious decline thanks to dredging !!!! What These  so called scientists need to do is ask the people who really know why fish stocks are on the decline .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

36 minutes ago, big_cod said:

So what’s to say Nissan won’t build cars that  fall into the new world order of transport in Sunderland .It’s simple brexit !!!!!!.    

As for the new electron cars ,vans etc, surly they must be a time when car batteries can be placed sounds madness to scrap a car or van because the batteries are knackered.

There's plenty of reasons to pull production back to Japan and ship the cars to Europe and the UK. Government making it unprofitable to invest in UK engine plants is just another nail in the coffin.

Battery production will most likely be located in India or somewhere similar where pollution is a secondary concern.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

1 minute ago, Ken L said:

There's plenty of reasons to pull production back to Japan and ship the cars to Europe and the UK. Government making it unprofitable to invest in UK engine plants is just another nail in the coffin.

Battery production will most likely be located in India or somewhere similar where pollution is a secondary concern.

Will we have anything left with brexit worth mentioning only the white cliffs of Dover .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Just now, big_cod said:

Will we have anything left with brexit worth mentioning only the white cliffs of Dover .

Nothing to do with Brexit. Everything to do with stupid virtue signalling from the Government.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

20 minutes ago, Ken L said:

Nothing to do with Brexit. Everything to do with stupid virtue signalling from the Government.

Again Ken what stopping Nissan going all out with electric cars after brexit at the Sunderland plant .But it has just been announced by the looks the U.K. government has caved in and deal now looks imminent.

Thr U.K. government have not got the bottle to no deal it will a disaster ,

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

14 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Again Ken what stopping Nissan going all out with electric cars after brexit at the Sunderland plant .But it has just been announced by the looks the U.K. government has caved in and deal now looks imminent.

Thr U.K. government have not got the bottle to no deal it will a disaster ,

There's nothing stopping them but Boris shouldn't be forcing their hand.

When the technology is mature and the market demands electric vehicles, manufacturers will build them and he public will buy them.

Government can change the landscape with evolving taxation, but they shouldn't be interfering to this extent.

2 hours ago, Ken L said:

There's nothing stopping them but Boris shouldn't be forcing their hand.

When the technology is mature and the market demands electric vehicles, manufacturers will build them and he public will buy them.

Government can change the landscape with evolving taxation, but they shouldn't be interfering to this extent.

There is a brilliant cartoon in the telegraph today with Boris Johnson shouting WE WILL RULE THE WAVES but he is holding his telescope the wrong way round ?

Thats the verdict on Boris Johnson from the Tory elite hopeless.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg