Should we have left the EU?

John S

No manure on your rhubarb then Phone lol

The west wastes more food than it eats ,its infatuated by sell by dates made increasingly shorter by manufacturers to make you throw perfectly good food away and buy more!

Half the population dont know the difference between use by ,sell by and best before ,the manufactures are rubbing their hands in delight and now they can hike prices under the brexit excuse ,good times for some!

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

4 hours ago, Phone said:

All,

ON OCCASION I DO THIS. MY POST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SARCASTIC REMARK DIRECTED AT THE IDIOTS AT THE EU

GUESS I   MISSED THE MARK.

Phone

I thought all food was perishable. My custom is that once eaten food is GONE. I'm a little finnicky about recycling it

Then I’m guessing you rebellious colonials were too sensitive to have been exposed to “The young ones” in particular Neil and his recipe for lentil sick soup!

• Haha 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Or grow the seed! Lol

Why no decent comedies anymore? OH yes they may 'harm' someone  nowadays ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Downing Street has watered down a key demand over post-Brexit fishing rights as part of a broader compromise, EU sources said as Germany’s ambassador in Brussels said there was a chance of a deal by the weekend.

The UK dropped a push for fishing vessels operating under the UK flag to be majority British-owned in the future, it was claimed.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Chesters1,

Here ya go - - I just ran across this in a totally unrelated article.

1. The United States wastes 30-40 percent of its food supply each year.
  2. The annual food waste in America has an approximate value of $161 billion.
  3. cut and paste
  4. Phone

Probably the same here Mr Bush ,i can understand companies throwing fresh food out if one bit of it is mouldy or blemished but it shows you the real cost of it if it can be thrown out and the company is still in profit .

We have now a range of "wonky" food on sale to cover the fact thousands of tons are plowed in if they are not the perfect shape supermarkets demand (and i presume the customer?) But if sold in enough bulk to stop destruction  i presume there wouldnt be enough room in the store for the perfect stuff and its highly profitable premier "tastes better" ranges

Trouble is there are no punishments for destroying perfectly good food infact the EU and our government encourages it by not punishing waste i have whitnessed it myself fields of cabbage and leeks being plowed in or taken by the lorry load to land fill i presume either to stop the old EU butter mountain or wine lake  scenario (ie cheap food) or to simply take "incentives" and inflate prices ,you rarely see leeks at a cheap price here despite dumping hundreds of tons from a farm near guildford

Edited by chesters1

Von de leyan ,theres a path to a deal ,once the filthy brits bow down to us and give us everything

Chesters, I was in a local supermarket a few months ago, Coronavirus had obviously taken a toll and they were selling bags of charcoal greatly reduced as it was approaching its sell by date, not many people having BBQs I suppose and they didn’t want to go bad!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I expect the lables they use to display the use by date have a use by date lol

I dont mind the sillyness i got a dozen bags of mouse bait blocks for less than a fiver once filled my trolley up so much i went home and dropped them off and came back to town. The sillyness is its designed to be poisonous so a few months more wont make a difference .

PS slugs love it whether they are killed is unknown! I think the free food caused an inrush of mice for a party!

We have electronic ones now ,i think smelling the bait in the sheds encouraged mice to go in the sheds! Slugs can go in those aswell and not be effected but they work on voles ! Touch wood now the new neighbours have overhauled their house mice in the loft are not seen so we have an electronic wifi one waiting for an unsuspecting newcomer

Edited by chesters1

I prefer to wait quietly with a bit of cheese and a mallet.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.