Should we have left the EU?

John S

All,

Let me be sure I have this correct. The deal is far from perfect -  the deal doesn’t cover the service sector, which makes up around 80% of the U.K.’s economy. But "‘Angry, disappointed and betrayed’: Fishing industry attacks Johnson over Brexit trade deal".  The share of fish in British waters that the UK can catch will rise from about half now to two-thirds by the end of the five-and-a-half-year transition.

How does an industry that makes up only 0.1  how can an industry that makes up only 0.1% of the UK economy be such a big deal?

I had no idea the stocks of red herring were so abundant in the waters around the UK.

Phone

Edited by Phone

It is called evolution Phone, many years ago the common red herring was abundant in British waters, although known to be amphibians they remained sea bound as their only predator, the common spotted sense (often abbreviated to common sense) was abundant in every part of The British Isles. Sadly as time passed common sense itself began to be eradicated by an invasive species the Social Media.

The Social Media was often invisible but it had an uncanny ability to infect Humans particularly those with a lessened immunity thought to be linked somehow to the common sense. The social media forms a Symbiotic infection with Humans.

Obviously things adapt, unfortunately the common sense became the lesser spotted common sense allowing the red herring to gain a foot hold once more on land.

Social Media seemed to be spurred on by the red herrings and in turn allowed red herrings to spread throughout the land.

Analysis suggests that those particularly susceptible to a combination of the two are the young and less educated. 

• Haha 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

14 hours ago, Phone said:

All,

Let me be sure I have this correct. The deal is far from perfect -  the deal doesn’t cover the service sector, which makes up around 80% of the U.K.’s economy. But "‘Angry, disappointed and betrayed’: Fishing industry attacks Johnson over Brexit trade deal".  The share of fish in British waters that the UK can catch will rise from about half now to two-thirds by the end of the five-and-a-half-year transition.

How does an industry that makes up only 0.1  how can an industry that makes up only 0.1% of the UK economy be such a big deal?

I had no idea the stocks of red herring were so abundant in the waters around the UK.

64 Million  dollar question !!!! Because they had to get something on brexit to a frenzy because there was nothing else left to try and justify it .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Chesters, very good article on EU roaming charges on wiki if you’re bored!

Otherwise known as “The EU attempt to establish another single market” probably so they could appoint another unelected highly paid minister the same as they are doing for Trains.

The consequences for the legislation, which got rejected on several attempts was to raise the price of mobile usage in some Countries by 66%

Just had a look at new contracts with Vodafone, they offer free roaming in 51 countries including, interestingly enough Saint Barthélemy which left the EU five or so years ago.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

COD,

I could agree with you if I hadn't just read a preponderance of those voting "leave" prefer NO DEAL (hard exit). It's hard to justify any deal that effectively is an agreement to "remain"

Phone

Edited by Phone

4 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Chesters, very good article on EU roaming charges on wiki if you’re bored!

Otherwise known as “The EU attempt to establish another single market” probably so they could appoint another unelected highly paid minister the same as they are doing for Trains.

The consequences for the legislation, which got rejected on several attempts was to raise the price of mobile usage in some Countries by 66%

Just had a look at new contracts with Vodafone, they offer free roaming in 51 countries including, interestingly enough Saint Barthélemy which left the EU five or so years ago.

I will take your word for it ,whilst i do run a modern smartphone with half a dozen cameras and the memory of a pc it rarely roams from the living room to the bedroom to verify paypal payments lol.

In normal days it may roam to Farnham once a week or on a great expedition to Frimley hospital perhaps every 6 months but if I ever went abroad on holiday I would pop a local sim in it if I needed to use it but saying that a fiver lasts for months because I find phones an intrusion if they ring! I consider them tools to use for my benefit not someone elses.

In fact i have 2 one is a blackberry storm its old but has the advantage it has no wifi so isnt trying to communicate to the nearest wifi dooda annoying my detector ,its needed just incase my mrs wants to get intouch it only gets used once a month just to stop the sim being switched off ,i cannot abide phones you may have spotted that.

Outside business use i dont see the reason to take phones abroad and leave them switched on after all a holiday is getting away from your other life not ****ing taking it with you! But I presume the idiotic needy folk have to show their 'mates' pictures of their lukewarm partially cooked sputum ladened breakfast that will shortly be confining them to the bathroom for several hours ,i suppose using a hole in the ground is a change from a human bathroom so part of the holiday scene! And when your sitting doubled up crapping hot water that was wine that tasted of **** and corn you never ate and use the hotel wifi and post a picture of that and not incur  roaming charges at all

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 12/27/2020 at 11:47 PM, Huge_Vitae said:

Yes, but what the bloody morons don’t realise is the money paid to Lithuanian welders doesn’t stay here, a proportion of it goes abroad to be spent in their own countries buying cabbages imported from China.

Pre deal I saw an article about supposed food shortages, strawberries FFS! The biggest producer of strawberries is China you dip sticks, followed by several other non EU Countries, if you add up the total EU production of strawberries it comes no where near the production of the top three.

Let the EU strawberries rot as far as I’m concerned.

As said before, when my nipper does fly these days he is invariably flying in perishable goods like fish from EU nations DESPERATE to get it to the U.K. Market because they cannot survive without.

I don’t like the deal, I admit that, I would take no deal any day and walk away, it was not me and you Chesters ranting and raving about getting a deal it was them, people like clod were bleating about a deal.

The shite was going to hit the fan if ‘we’ didn’t get a deal, Boris got a deal and the shite is going to hit the fan I suppose because the only answer was to remain you moron.

It is not good enough that our fisheries will increase their proportion of catch in some species by 100% by getting 20% they should have stayed at what they had, my seven year old granddaughter can work that out.

Heck, I need to leave this thread for a while.

Anybody read science journals, I see that U.K. scientists have come up with an antibody that can be injected into close contacts of people testing positive to COVID-19 that protects and prevents them from catching it for up to a year, first in the world again.

Somebody please remind me again how superior Germany is?

Somebody give me reasons why any Country on this planet is better on average than us and my reply will be, help yourself.

I’ve just chucked a six figure sum into Govt. Bonds, good returns, a small contribution but as the monkey said when he widdled  in the Ocean...

Young Brits need to work harder . The difference in work ethic between a Lithuanian and a 17 year old Brit is simply enormous.

I work in a Mail Order Warehousing company.Some English youngsters need to step up.

Edited by leedafeeder
Wrong word

Who cares about roaming charges?

I still want to buy a Miele washing machine without huge tarrifs.

The average Miele washing machine lasts 23 years.

Mine is 21 years old and has never had a engineer out to repair anything.

Of course, we have Hotpoint. Oh yes, its not even British anymore. A new one wouldn't even last 6 years.

If peasants can't afford Miele that's their problem. But I will always buy German.

Incidentally, VW's are overrated. The VW group sells 10 million cars a year,they are doing something right.

13 hours ago, Phone said:

COD,

I could agree with you if I hadn't just read a preponderance of those voting "leave" prefer NO DEAL (hard exit). It's hard to justify any deal that effectively is an agreement to "remain"

Phone

No deal might be the anglersnet  preference or a few on here   but it certainly isn’t the feeling of country by about 10 million mile .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg