Should we have left the EU?

John S

4 hours ago, Phone said:

COD,

In my 80 year I have never seen a commercial fisherman that WASN'T BITTRELY DISSAPOINTED 24/7. If you recall Mr Locker called for Eustice's head before any deal. You can smell dead fish but the stench of fishing politics seems to elude you - why is that?

Phone 

So let’s get straight phone , Fishermen were promised the world by Johnson going on television telling the world day after day saying  how badly our fishermen are doing while being in the EU . So what does he do he makes it worse for them with brexit you couldn’t make it up .they  are worse off with brexit Not better off !!!!  In  the real world they have been shafted by Boris Johnson’s  lies and promises  whether you can see it or not And social media is going mad with condemnation of Boris Johnson’s antics .

It is exactly as I said it would be , he would let them down the outcome was inevitable because fishing in financial terms is very small part of our economy , they have been sacrificed once again .

All the promises about reviving Coastal  Communities it was rubbish I knew that because simply there isn’t the fish there to do exactly that , he did a hatchet job on the British public with his deception.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

50 minutes ago, big_cod said:

So let’s get straight phone , Fishermen were promised the world by Johnson going on television telling the world day after day saying  how badly our fishermen are doing while being in the EU . So what does he do makes he  it worse for them with brexit you couldn’t make it up .they  are worse off with brexit Not better off !!!!  In  the real world they have been shafted by Boris Johnson’s  lies and promises  whether you can see it or not And social media is going mad with condemnation of Boris Johnson’s antics .

It is exactly as I said it would be , he would let them down the outcome was inevitable because fishing in financial terms is very small part of our economy , they have been sacrificed once again .

All the promises about reviving Coastal  Communities it was rubbish I knew that because simply there isn’t the fish there to do exactly that , he did a hatchet job on the British public with his deception.

You've spent the last five years telling us there are heaps of fish to be caught. Make up your mind.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

What's the deal in a nutshell?

• EU boats will continue to fish in UK waters for some years to come
  • But UK fishing boats will get a greater share of the fish from UK waters
  • That shift in the share will be phased in between 2021 and 2026, with most of the quota transferred in 2021
  • After that, there'll be annual negotiations to decide how the catch is shared out between the UK and EU
  • The UK would have the right to completely exclude EU boats after 2026
  • But the EU could respond with taxes on exports of British fish to the EU or by denying UK boats access to EU waters

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I am sure if the fishermen are that upset they could do a huffy frenchman and blockade the ports .That should get the attention of both exporters and importers using them.

Theres also the fact if we have 100% of our fishing rights then we can use it to get a deal ,if nothing had changed then the EU would have it and us nothing to lever with. You got a deal we have little left of our own to use!

Giving the french say 50% is far better than them having 90% being a member of the EU

Unfortunately they will slowly get it all back using threats of turning off the power or some other dictator like punishment ,christ knows why we ever got so far under the power of these animals  !we should have had a referendum everytime they grabbed more power

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

4 hours ago, Ken L said:

You've spent the last five years telling us there are heaps of fish to be caught. Make up your mind.

You see Ken if you have the slightest inclination to  what your talking about . The difference between what a charterboat or an angler catch compared  to what a commercial boat needs to catch to pay crew wages , loans fuels insurance etc etc etc they might have £10,000 - £20,000 a week  expenses so they need a great of fish week in week out . Has that  ever occurred to you or can’t you see the wood for the tress again .plenty of fish to us is nothing to What  a commercial boat  needs  say a 1000 stone + of fish a week massive  difference .

Boris Johnson  gave us plenty of paper fish thst sums brexit up .

And if Scotland do go independent that  would be a colossal disaster for the uk fishing sorry English fishing  industry and it’s now on the cards because of brexit .And English boat owners working out of Scotland are now seriously worried about Scotland going independent and what it means to them.Financial ruin overnight most boats are registered here and not in Scotland so back over the border you go and people think fishing is simple far far from it .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Dont !ook depressed to me and those orange wellies must cost a fortune

I see some spain living pats returning to home are having trouble ,poor dears that'l teach you

You still haven't updated your heroes thread you created cod

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Brilliant those clots in the daily fail deceiving there readers constantly ? to say they are clueless  doesn’t touch it ??

Ministers finalise £100m post-Brexit package to revive British fishing fleet so it can land catches normally taken by the French and Dutch 

A brand new fleet of rowing boats to modernise our fleet ? it’s pathetic all your shouting  in the Mail for ****s sake you should hold your head  in shame cheeky pack of bastards.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9109669/Ministers-finalise-100m-post-Brexit-package-revive-British-fishing-fleet.html

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

You said the mail was biased and lies so why read it?

So you read the mail knowing (according to you) it is biased and lies then post the "lies" and then start talking about them , isnt that pointless