Should we have left the EU?

John S

31 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Enjoy

Yes boris is very popular ?? the Brexiteers now have no use for  him the ERG are about to wash there hands of him , one disaster to another poor old Boris his time is running out very very fast , who is going to take the blame with brexit we need a fall guy fast .?

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

33 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Yes boris is very popular ?? the Brexiteers now have no use for  him the ERG are about to wash there hands of him , one disaster to another poor old Boris his time is running out very very fast , who is going to take the blame with brexit we need a fall guy fast .?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Good program on BBC2 today Chesters, ‘Cornwall, this fishing life,’ I’ve been watching this series along with the earlier one for sometime because it is an academic documentary on small fishing communities over time over seen by The Open University. From the previous year I have formed my own opinion that it is without political bias.

Tonight’s episode centred around Newquay as the restrictions placed on the town and fishing fleet by BREXIT start to take a toll.

Several of the boats, they are huge great boats, some I would estimate perhaps 6 to 8 metres long and are often so large that one bloke cannot always operate them alone, luckily for one chap his son’s school has been closed due to BREXIT so he has had him to help.

The help was just at the right time, due to BREXIT the wholesaler he usually sold all his catch to had closed.

Sat there on his boat just after he had spent hours resisting the urge to blame Boris by posting on social media and moaning about the Govt., whilst claiming all the benefits he can, he had a thought, picking up a lobster and saying that he would normally get £7 for it from the wholesaler (did I mention the wholesaler had closed because of BREXIT) and by the time it was served up on a table here or in the EU a further £25 could be added to the price of that shellfish. “I want a bit of that extra £25 he says.

Unfortunately, due to BREXIT a lot of restaurants in his area had also closed but he sells his prime lobsters to a few locals and visitors and within a short while he is selling out everyday because people are telling their mates about his lobsters.

Later in the programme he is catching crab and realises he only gets a few quid per kilo selling them to the wholesaler who has shut down due to BREXIT. But if he picks the meat he can sell it locally for £40 per kilo, in comes wifey, mum etc and they are off.

Another guy on there, he is an ex Royal Navy Officer, to clarify he has served in the Navy and accepted to Officer training which, obviously he passed and therefore is awarded The Queen’s Commission meaning he is an Officer, his Grandfather, his Father and his Father before him had served in the Royal Navy. It was plain to see the pride in his eyes when he spoke of his grandson “making it as an Officer” I wonder how the guy would feel if he knew these days it is apparently commonplace to refer to someone as an Officer as soon as the paint is dry on their footlocker.

Grandad finished Commercial fishing last year at the age of 92!

Anyway Chesters, if you get a chance watch it on iPlayer. Sorry Phone yet again you miss opportunity because of some tea!

Lots on there showing the survival instinct and reacting to the changes BREXIT is bringing.

EDIT; Just read through this before posting and I’ve made a silly mistake, I can’t be bothered to go back and correct it all but please where I have written “BREXIT” please substitute “CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC”

Edited by Huge_Vitae
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

1 hour ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Good program on BBC2 today Chesters, ‘Cornwall, this fishing life,’ I’ve been watching this series along with the earlier one for sometime because it is an academic documentary on small fishing communities over time over seen by The Open University. From the previous year I have formed my own opinion that it is without political bias.

Tonight’s episode centred around Newquay as the restrictions placed on the town and fishing fleet by BREXIT start to take a toll.

Several of the boats, they are huge great boats, some I would estimate perhaps 6 to 8 metres long and are often so large that one bloke cannot always operate them alone, luckily for one chap his son’s school has been closed due to BREXIT so he has had him to help.

The help was just at the right time, due to BREXIT the wholesaler he usually sold all his catch to had closed.

Sat there on his boat just after he had spent hours resisting the urge to blame Boris by posting on social media and moaning about the Govt., whilst claiming all the benefits he can, he had a thought, picking up a lobster and saying that he would normally get £7 for it from the wholesaler (did I mention the wholesaler had closed because of BREXIT) and by the time it was served up on a table here or in the EU a further £25 could be added to the price of that shellfish. “I want a bit of that extra £25 he says.

Unfortunately, due to BREXIT a lot of restaurants in his area had also closed but he sells his prime lobsters to a few locals and visitors and within a short while he is selling out everyday because people are telling their mates about his lobsters.

Later in the programme he is catching crab and realises he only gets a few quid per kilo selling them to the wholesaler who has shut down due to BREXIT. But if he picks the meat he can sell it locally for £40 per kilo, in comes wifey, mum etc and they are off.

Another guy on there, he is an ex Royal Navy Officer, to clarify he has served in the Navy and accepted to Officer training which, obviously he passed and therefore is awarded The Queen’s Commission meaning he is an Officer, his Grandfather, his Father and his Father before him had served in the Royal Navy. It was plain to see the pride in his eyes when he spoke of his grandson “making it as an Officer” I wonder how the guy would feel if he knew these days it is apparently commonplace to refer to someone as an Officer as soon as the paint is dry on their footlocker.

Grandad finished Commercial fishing last year at the age of 92!

Anyway Chesters, if you get a chance watch it on iPlayer. Sorry Phone yet again you miss opportunity because of some tea!

Lots on there showing the survival instinct and reacting to the changes BREXIT is bringing.

EDIT; Just read through this before posting and I’ve made a silly mistake, I can’t be bothered to go back and correct it all but please where I have written “BREXIT” please substitute “CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC”

Don't tell chesters. Tell the owners of Dartmouth Crab Company. Or they could really take back control and land them in Denmark.

• Haha 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Just now, Phone said:

HUGH,

At least COVID-19 makes the post sensible.

Just as well they have COVID to cover for their inadequacies. They'll be fooked when the vaccine kicks in. I wonder what they will blame it on then?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

All the tossers that voted for Brexit.