Should we have left the EU?

John S

4 hours ago, Phone said:

All,

CURIOUS? - Why does a single person in the UK give a dam what Turkey and the EU do

Phone

No-one does now but clod keeps using it as an example that brexiters were lied to!

The gist being that turkey if it joined the EU everyone in it could move to the uk ,cod says it was scaremongering  to get a brexit vote

Reality says if turkey did join the EU it COULD do that ,it was unlikely but not a lie ,if turkey joined the EU then the right to work anywhere in the EU the same as any member state comes into play As you can see it wasnt until 2018 (2 years after the referendum) Turkey joining stalled on a couple of EU principles of becoming a member so the statement when or if turkeys joins was a valid point pre referendum ! i suspect turkey stalling was a realisation if it joined not only could its population come into the union all those immigrants its paid to hold back could aswell and then theres an open gateway for immigration from the coutries bordering turkey lol

https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/countries/detailed-country-information/turkey_en

Whether turkey ever joins isnt a consideration (it has to clean its act up) the point was "if turkey joined the EU" the funny thing is half the barbers in farnham ARE turkish so they came anyway lol

Having turkish barbers in farnham doesnt apply to me i dont use barbers from any country!

Cod is fixated with the scenario only those voting brexit were lied to but remainers only told the truth ,had brexiters not been told these lies remain would have won ,unfortunately clods reasoning falls apart because he cannot prove brexit voters believed these so called lies and voted hearing them .He cannot except people voted out because they wanted to because they saw what the EU had become just looking about in everyday life

He also ignores the lies remainers put about trying to persuade people to vote remain ,this was topped of if we left everyone in the EU would go to war with each other and WW3 would come and we would all die! And he says brexiters were lied to ? Isis would love us to leave and genocide (i presume nazis?) Would start again ,its just a pity genocide was having a great time while we were a member which he cleverly overlooked and that nazis never went away just bought new badges

Even the lie the uk had enough military power do stop it is a lie ,another idiot spouting crap then he sent a book full of remain doom and gloom to every house in the country trying to help the remain side lol

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yes they have been trying for years ,the problem being they wont cow-tow  to the silly rules the EU demand on its members over and above normal trade rules.Like forcing countries to be over ruled by higher courts than their own highest court and joining the human rights nonsense etc.

They are pretty much members anyway holding back the hoards of immigrants gets them a lot of concessions over and above monetry sweeteners.

Britain should  be trying to get on their good side ,their tech side is brilliant (our jvc telly was made there) and their metal detectors half decent and being outside the EU were not bound by their rules and a gateway to imports from the middle east via sea not trundling through the EU getting tarriffs plonked on because they can seeing its us! We can flog them guns (although they are already far beyond us military wise) to help keep those poxy kurds away (did you see what i did there)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

15 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Its like talking to a brick where do the hong kong brits get free healthcare ,i gave you a link proving they do not

And if turkey had joined the EU all of its poulation could have moved here ,fact not fallacy ! The statement was factual not scare mongering the very same rules that let your romanian cheap labour and pick pockets come here !

Looks like the knives are out for von de leyen ,the end of the EU is in sight!

Wrong Chester’s the article clearly states millions of Turks coming to Britain ,  Scaremongering on an industrial scale just to put in context it was a pack of lies  admitted by the brexit paper .

Now if you are  in destitute you would’ve able to  get state help once you are Here , it clearly says that on the government website  .

So what do you actually class as destitute  means no money , nowhere to live etc etc etc help from the state would be given to you which costs the uk tax payer cash .

What it doesn’t mean you can come and sign straight on the dole and claim benefits  but once you have got your paperwork here anything is possible if you then become destitute state help is at hand .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

CHESTERS1,

You are correct in spite of Clod objections. An example, Turkey is home to over 2.2 million SYRIAN refugees, 1 million of working age. Only 4,000 have been granted a work permit since 2011. Turkey has been rightly praised for accepting far more Syrian refugees than the whole of Europe, and spending $8.5 billion on their welfare. Turkey is accustomed to sorting out refugees throughout history. Another tidbit - 900,000 muslim Greeks have dropped in.

Except they have a nasty habit of self interest they indeed are easy business partners. They just lie a lot - but he11 they learned from the 1st world nations.

Phone

(lets not be making a habit of agreeing, I have a reputation to be maintained)

COD,

JUST AN FYI. The term "Turks" in the media means they came from TURKEY. They, the hordes, are not TURKISH nationals but rather refuges who have escaped detainment in Turkey and are from somewhere else in the middle east or north Africa.

Turkey has played this "gateway" role since the heights of the OTTOMAN empire.

Phone

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

Wrong Chester’s the article clearly states millions of Turks coming to Britain ,  Scaremongering on an industrial scale just to put in context it was a pack of lies  admitted by the brexit paper .

Now if you are  in destitute you would’ve able to  get state help once you are Here , it clearly says that on the government website  .

So what do you actually class as destitute  means no money , nowhere to live etc etc etc help from the state would be given to you which costs the uk tax payer cash .

What it doesn’t mean you can come and sign straight on the dole and claim benefits  but once you have got your paperwork here anything is possible if you then become destitute state help is at hand .

Yes and millions could have come ,the EU rules say anyone can work or live anywhere they dont put restrictions on numbers! Every single EU citizen could have come here if they wanted to under EU rules hows that a lie?

Look at our population rise over the last 10 years its not us breeding out of control ,look at london 60% is foreign and the children of foreigners !

Edited by chesters1

58 minutes ago, leedafeeder said:

JVC? Cheap awful Curry's own brand, that I doubt if Panasonic group still own.

Pay the extra and buy a Samsung/LG.

Although it may have been produced by Uigher muslims.

For the money its perfect ,its lasted 3 years and they are easy to fix ,expense doesnt gaurantee quality in tv's believe me i have city and guilds in tv servicing even B&O have seriously  gone down hill lol

The tv also has another advantage it uses the same remote as our old even cheaper one thats still being used after 15 years in my grandaughters room ,we bought a spare for that for a fiver and realised it worked and kept one back !

Mind you saying that most remotes using hdmi share the basic functions of each other are you sure LG is the quality you hope ,true the screen maybe made in korea but the rest could be from anywhere in the world including india ,its more or less the same for all brands they buy in bulk from the cheapest supplier  to keep competitive and they all use chinese components inc the chips in the main

When video players were king B&O and painasonic were king ,both were fine when they were working but a expensive nightmare to fix when they didnt ,i only chucked a load of service manuals last month to landfill ,i used to make a lot of money fixing video's ! Now like PDA's they are all but gone

PS have you ever seen a tv screen in bits? Its not an expensive or complicated thing!

Top tip if your tv appears not to be showing a picture shine a torch on the screen if you can see the image the tv is fine but the screen backlight has failed and they are cheap to fix yourself

Edited by chesters1

7 hours ago, Phone said:

CHESTERS1,

I'm  probably mistaken - Turkey applied to the EU in like 2000 and the discussions have been ongoing since then

pHONE

You are wrong and right Phone. Turkey has been negotiating to join the EU for some considerable time, before the U.K. even.

Chesters is wrong and right.

Not read it all but going by the last time he transfixed on the subject, Clod is wrong, wrong and wrong!

Not going to write it out again, you can probably find it if you search.

Will just post this timeline, Source is European Union Parliamentary Records.

I’ve added the x marks the spot on the timeline to show the date of the Referendum. It doesn’t take an awful lot of reasoning to show, AT THE DATE OF THE EU REFERENDUM, TURKEY WAS ON COURSE TO JOIN THE EU.

E2A0FF1C-A057-4F6C-A8E2-022E6C5DE4BB.jpeg

• Thanks 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."